Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This one and two more and I'll be caught up. Well, at least on MY FDK.
laugh I’m actually almost kinda caught up, too. Well, not anymore. But still. And I still have to do FDK for 2nd Honeymoon. And beta the rest of second honeymoon, which is *not* my fault. Need to catch up on MMC. Umm…what was I going for again?

What? He hasn't had a hard enough day as it was?
No.

Well, if you looked at it from Nor's POV, it might work.
See?

If he walks around his living room often enough in both Clark clothes and the Super suit, they are bound to cross paths at some point.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Me: Could he wear blue and come from outer space?

Michael: <Creepy alien guy>
Isn't his suit more grey than blue? And No, not that one.

MICHAEL: Sobs? Even in Lex’s delusional mind, Lois’s response wouldn’t constitute sobs, would they? Yammering, sure.

ME: But tears don't make a sound. How about sniffling?

MICHAEL: No, I meant there was no indication that she did anything but talk and hang up. Unless I missed something?
When Lois tossed the phone to hang it up, it hit the "speaker phone" button, so when she hung up the receiver, it wasn't really hung up and Lex could hear her entire confession of love speech to Superman. That wasn't clear?

You’re right. No sane woman would ever consider a relationship with him. See Lana. She dumped him in a heartbeat. Well, about a hundred million.
You mean hundred million women are insane and Lana is the only sane one? huh

/imagines Lois reading *this* rule in the Rule Book/ Wonder if Clark would get visitation rights with the little one.
Clark's learned his lesson. He types this one into the computer at Justice League, where it's safe from prying wifey eyes.... not other League members like Batman, but it's a trade-off.

Aaaand your point being? /points at Order 66/
You lost me on "order". What happened to the Rules?

He’s a fake in this dimension? There’s Dead Clark. Ghost Clark. And Fake Clark. Oh, and Chuck. Charlie. The Neanderthal in Lois’s imagination. Cat’s Friend. The monster of Trask’s nightmares. Do I need to continue?
There's only 3 Clarks in this story. Dead Clark, Alt-Clark, and canon Clark (who gets referred to on occasion). Mostly it's alt-Clark. Most of the other guys (you mentioned) are just facets of his personality.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: <Creepy alien guy>

Isn't his suit more grey than blue? And No, not that one.
I know, didn't find one with a blue suit *and* a halfway decent portray shot. And that's a Trandoshan (see link). They hunted, enslaved, and sold Wookies(TM) during the heydays of the Empire.

When Lois tossed the phone to hang it up, it hit the "speaker phone" button, so when she hung up the receiver, it wasn't really hung up and Lex could hear her entire confession of love speech to Superman. That wasn't clear?
Oh. I see. And no, I can't remember reading (or re-reading for FDK) even a hint of that. blush I did wonder how he could hear her/if he heard her but he mentioned the surveillance should be put in so I shrugged and posted it in FDK smile

You mean hundred million women are insane and Lana is the only sane one?
No, heart beats. If you go with a pulse of 60, that's about three years. Less, if it's faster. I didn't really want to figure out how long they had been engaged and stuff...

Clark's learned his lesson. He types this one into the computer at Justice League, where it's safe from prying wifey eyes.... not other League members like Batman, but it's a trade-off.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know, didn't find one with a blue suit *and* a halfway decent portray shot. And that's a Trandoshan (see link). They hunted, enslaved, and sold Wookies(TM) during the heydays of the Empire.
I guess everyone else in the galaxy knows that if you don't look better in blue than Superman, stay away from the color.

Thanks for the reminder.

Oh. I see. And no, I can't remember reading (or re-reading for FDK) even a hint of that. I did wonder how he could hear her/if he heard her but he mentioned the surveillance should be put in so I shrugged and posted it in FDK
Well, I'm glad to see I'm still good at subtlety when it's not needed. [Linked Image]

No, heart beats. If you go with a pulse of 60, that's about three years. Less, if it's faster. I didn't really want to figure out how long they had been engaged and stuff...
The length of their actual engagement differs by which person you ask.

You did the JL vigis from Queen of Capes, didn't you?
Here April Fool's stories? razz

Are you saying they don't deserve a distinct name and screen time?
No, that's fine, I was just trying to curb the confusion.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Her April Fool's stories?
Yep, and they are.

, but it never made sense to me that Jedi's were a religious group that practiced abstinance.
Umm...nono, nobody ever said anything about abstinence. They're just not allowed to embrace romantic love and the attachment that comes with it. Ain't nobody ever said nothin' about boinking the brains out of their groupies in between peace negotiations.

Anyway, I always felt Luke should get a chance to fall in love
So did Tim Zahn wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Umm...nono, nobody ever said anything about abstinence. They're just not allowed to embrace romantic love and the attachment that comes with it. Ain't nobody ever said nothin' about boinking the brains out of their groupies in between peace negotiations.
Yeah, I didn't make it that far in the books. Last I read Luke thought abstinance was the way to go, and with all those ghosties following him around (including his dad) I can see why.

So did Tim Zahn mecry
That bad, huh?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah. Luke had about 16 years of courtship and another 16 years of married bliss and then things turned bad. Really, really bad. Soul Mate without Wells kind of bad. wave

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, so far in my re-read I have to say things flow.

I also have to admit I totally forgot that Lois saw Superman's ship in the B39 warehouse, and did not figure out that it worked as his ship because he had been smaller then.

I did come across a typo in this section that just grated.

“Wrong?” he echoed.

He had no idea what she talking about. From his point of view this was anything but wrong.
I am pretty sure that should be "He had no idea what she was talking about."

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Well, so far in my re-read I have to say things flow.
smile1 Phew. Good to hear.

I also have to admit I totally forgot that Lois saw Superman's ship in the B39 warehouse, and did not figure out that it worked as his ship because he had been smaller then.
That would be quite a big assumption.

I did come across a typo in this section that just grated....

I am pretty sure that should be "He had no idea what she was talking about."
Thanks. Fixed. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Virginia! I've spent 3 days reading your "wrong books" and my family has been eating leftovers, cherrios and Fruit since then... blush

I can't stop reading! And considering the amount of my daily chores I'm glad that I have developed some habilities in order to keep reading: cooking + reading (btw my cellphone is now decorated with tomato and avocado stains), reading in the shower, knit-and-read, jog and read, shock and read in the middle of a telephone conversation.... a coherent telephone conversation.... lol did they count as "super-habilities"????

There are so many things that I like about your story: in the first book I got scared when I read the initial warning and almost quit the story, but I started reading anyway and got hooked by the first paragraphs. I could picture the image of a string, successful, strong and lonely Lois... I liked Scardino, nut not enough to become Lois' couple, I loved Jimmy and his dinosaur bone, I can almost heard Clark's voice in Lois' head, I loved their fights, I was so sad about Jonathan's accident....... and as soon as I finished the first book, came running to read the second and. again, I'm hooked.
Loved the twist that you gave at Cat's character!!! I always thought that with her dettailed observation of male bodies surely could note the similarities between CK and SM and discover the identity!
I'm anxious to discover how are you going to present the pheromone event, how will you introduce Martha and Jonathan in alt-Clark's life, how is Luthor going to mess with CK and Lois, are Scardino and Mayson going to appear again? For some reason, I believe that this time Mayson and Lois won't be BFFs!!!!

So, I must stop writing and back to read, now that My amily sleeps.
Fabulous job, Virginia!! And thanks for sharing it to all of us, LnC fans!

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo: Welcome to the LnC's boards current soap opera. blush
I've spent 3 days reading your "wrong books" and my family has been eating leftovers, cherrios and Fruit since then...
They'll survive. wink That has (repeatedly) happened to me when I get sucked into a new LnC story.

I can't stop reading! And considering the amount of my daily chores I'm glad that I have developed some habilities in order to keep reading: cooking + reading (btw my cellphone is now decorated with tomato and avocado stains), reading in the shower, knit-and-read, jog and read, shock and read in the middle of a telephone conversation.... a coherent telephone conversation.... smile1 That's always good to hear.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Loved the twist that you gave at Cat's character!!! I always thought that with her dettailed observation of male bodies surely could note the similarities between CK and SM and discover the identity!
Because I made Jonathan's accident happen *before* Clark arrived in this dimension, I needed someone else for Clark to turn to in Metropolis to help him out, especially with his relationship with Lois. I must admit it always seemed obvious to me that she knew more than she admitted in canon. Many of her scenes in the newsroom are actual canon dialogue, facial expressions, and actions. It might make you take a second look at her character when re-watching S1.

I'm anxious to discover how are you going to present the pheromone event, how will you introduce Martha and Jonathan in alt-Clark's life, how is Luthor going to mess with CK and Lois, are Scardino and Mayson going to appear again? For some reason, I believe that this time Mayson and Lois won't be BFFs!!!!
As this is still (currently) a Work In Progress (WIP), I haven't yet addressed all of those issues. Plus, the spoilage police are crossing their arms and glaring at me in warning to keep my mouth shut. help I *will* address all of those things and characters, in time.

So, I must stop writing and back to read, now that My amily sleeps.
It's the best time to work and read without interruption, I agree.

Fabulous job, Virginia!! And thanks for sharing it to all of us, LnC fans!
You're most welcome! Thank you for reading.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard