Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87863 07/04/12 01:08 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here.

Sorry for the delay in posting. I've finally belted the final chapter into shape, so I'm hoping the parts will come more regularly now.

Corrina.

#87864 07/04/12 02:06 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Corrina,

Poor Clark! Each part seems to find him even deeper in the hole. Now both his personae are suspect. frown

He wasn't here, but he'd been a constant in her thoughts as she'd written, so perhaps something of his essence had permeated her work.
I love it.

Looking forward to seeing Lois rescue Clark for a change.

Joy,
Lynn

#87865 07/04/12 02:41 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Corrina,

I still think that Lois will find evidence that Lana was there while Henderson is with her. I tinnk she's going to find something in the bathroom, a toiletry that Lana left there in her hurry to escape and then prove that it wasn't Mayson's by comparing it to the stuff in Mayson's apartment.

Looking forward to more.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#87866 07/04/12 04:59 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
And once again Corrina gives Clark a reason not to turn himself in yet. Well done. I'm sure Lois will save the day. I hope she comes clean about her feelings for Clark in the end.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#87867 07/05/12 08:24 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Poor Clark! For everyone except Lois, he is a murderer. Even Perry believes he has killed Mayson. And now, even Superman is suspect...

And by the way, what is Wolfe's problem? Why is he so hostile? A previous problem with Clark? With Superman? Was he in love with Mayson?

Now I'm looking forward to the next part and I cant' wait. hyper

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#87868 07/06/12 07:14 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, why *is* Wolfe so hostile? Does he have an anti-Superman bias like Mayson did?

#87869 07/07/12 10:28 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Poor Clark. Now, both Clark and Superman are in trouble. Lois and her brilliant investigative skills are his last chance. dizzy

KateB
#87870 07/08/12 05:35 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1
What had Superman been doing in the twenty minutes after Mayson Drake's death?
Uh-oh.

Had Kent contacted the superhero? Had the superhero flown his friend away from Metropolis?
Oh boy.

Unless ...

Unless he had some help.

Super-help.
Oh boy. Oh boy.

Wolfe tapped the couple of buttons to reach the front desk and asked the receptionist to put him through to the Sheriff's Office in Smallville, Kansas.
Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy.

He had taken the gun from Lana and gambled that the lateness of the hour and her unfamiliarity with Metropolis would be enough to secure Lois's safety.
[Linked Image]

Clark felt sick inside.

He could face anything - anything but her disappointment.

He loved her.

He needed her.
Oh boy. What if he doesn’t go and see her?

She was here. Lana hadn't hurt her.

But she was here. Openly here. Where Lana could find her.
hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#87871 07/08/12 09:22 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What had Superman been doing in the twenty minutes after Mayson Drake's death?
Oh dear.

But for Superman, it was long enough.
Yep, but not for what you think, Wolfe.

Surely, if the man could see through walls, he would have known before entering the apartment.
Yes, because Supes is a bit of a voyeur and x-rays through people's homes for kicks.

Yet no one had seen Kent.

No one.
Oh boy. But so true. laugh

Super-help.
Erm....close.

"When you find Clark ... if he needs anything ... a lawyer ... *anything* ... get him to call me."
Awww, love Perry.

He'd played the part of the calm, confident rescuer, but inside, the knowledge of what awaited him followed him like an unrelenting stalker.
frown

Lois had been in her apartment last night, but if she'd heard about the tunnel collapse, she would have come out, chasing the story.
Love how he knows her so well. smile

How would they feel if they knew he was a murder suspect?
frown

It was time to face his accusers.
Oh dear.

Would she be at the train station? Had news of the collapse reached her? Had she tried to contact him so they could cover the story together?
Yes, yes, and yes. Plus, he *needs* to warn her about Lana.

But, in truth, he'd been there because he'd needed to be with her.
smile

But this time, he couldn't go to her as Superman.
eek He'll go as Clark?

She was here. She wasn't looking for Clark. She wasn't trying to solve Mayson's murder.
<buzzer sound> Wrong!

"We need to talk to you about what you saw down there. Specifically, whether there was any evidence of sabotage."
Bet that's sort of a relief.

What was he going to say? When he finally faced their questions? How was he going to explain that, during the time of Mayson's murder, Clark Kent hadn't actually been anywhere?

Without an alibi, he was defenceless against their accusations.
Yup.

How was he going to protect Lois if he were detained at the police station?
By telling the police there is a psycho after Lois?

If Lois's safety could be bought at the cost of his secret, there was no question he would be willing to pay.
And that's why we love him.

"Because I didn't want his parents to find out about this when they read the papers or heard the news in the morning."
Exactly what I would have said in his shoes.

"I drop in there sometimes."
Okay, I would have said that too.

"I didn't know he was *seeing* her."
Ha! That's only too true of poor, naive Clark!

"I'm saying it's hardly unusual to sleep through the night hours," Clark said.
Just pausing here to say how much I am enjoying Clark's elusiveness.

Superman walked out of the interview room, his mind a chaotic mess of uncertainty. If he came back now as Clark, Wolfe was going to believe Superman had taken Clark, had hidden him, had lied about it, and had bowed to Wolfe's pressure.
Yup.

If Clark were charged with murder, Superman would be charged with being an accessory after the fact.

Except if Clark were detained, Superman would disappear.
Lose-lose until they can prove Lana did it.

informing the young photographer that he was working with her now.
I bet that was a relief for Jimmy.

"I checked with the Medical Examiner. Only one victim was a young male, and he was an African American."
Yep, definitely not Clark.

She took three sips and two breaths to try to give herself some distance and then re-read her story.
laugh

He wasn't here, but he'd been a constant in her thoughts as she'd written, so perhaps something of his essence had permeated her work.
I love this idea.

Perry looked as if he wished he hadn't spoken. "I figured you would have been the other person in the relationship."
laugh I love you, Perry.

"There have been leaks."
Oops.

Lois rolled her eyes towards the ceiling. A mountain of 'facts' was not going to make her believe Clark was capable of murder.
I really do love how she champions him. Probably moreso than she ever did for Superman.

"I ... I believe everyone can snap," her editor replied sadly. "I've been in this business too long to think anything is impossible."
PERRY!!!!!!!!!! eek

It was a few minutes after six o'clock. She needed to get to Clark's apartment and meet Henderson.
clap

Oooh, this is getting even better!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#87872 07/14/12 04:07 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lynn
Looking forward to seeing Lois rescue Clark for a change.
Superpowers don't help much in this situation.

Ken clap

Happy I'm trying to show the difficulties of being two people. I couldn't let things go smoothly for Clark. smile

Sydneyand Iolanthe

And by the way, what is Wolfe's problem? Why is he so hostile? A previous problem with Clark? With Superman? Was he in love with Mayson?
Wolfe is a homicide cop. Being hostile to suspects is a part of his job. He doesn't have a previous problem with Clark, but it's possible he occasionally thinks of Superman's 'help' as bordering on interference. He wasn't in love with Mayson, but with her being the deputy DA, he could have known her and considered her to be a colleague in the fight against crime.

Kate Clark is in trouble - but that just means he needs Lois. laugh

Michael Fingerprints on the cosmetics - Lois would realise that, wouldn't she?

DC

I really do love how she champions him. Probably moreso than she ever did for Superman.
Good point. Lois did a lot of thinking while she was visiting her mom - thinking about Clark, not Superman.

Thanks for the comments.

I have been trying to post Part 9 for two days, but every time I read it, it's not quite right. Sorry for the delay.

Corrina.

#87873 11/09/12 12:05 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Such a good part! When Wolfe's questions just kept coming and coming, I felt like I was being hammered away, and I imagine it felt much the same way to Clark! So impressed at how he kept his calm, avoided untruths, and still did the best he could to protect both of his identities. It's awful that Superman is now considered suspect -- I know he's doing his job, albeit with a huge chip on his shoulder, but I am not fond of Wolfe right now at all.

Love Perry -- both him telling Wolfe to offer his assistance to Clark, and then his conversation with Lois. I couldn't help but smile and melt a bit at his comment that if Clark were in a relationship with anyone, Lois would know about it.

Favorite line so far: "Inside, Superman - hero of a shaken city - died a little." Love it!

#87874 11/15/12 11:50 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
When Wolfe's questions just kept coming and coming, I felt like I was being hammered away
Thank you. That's what I was hoping for. wink

On Wolfe - this was reasonably early in Superman's relationship with Metropolis. I did wonder if those in authority (such as the police) truly accepted him as an ally or if some of them thought he intruded into their domain.

Wolfe believes that no one is above the law - not even Superman.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard