Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Shelley, if you're bad, I'm even worse. I actually read this several days ago, but hadn't gotten around to writing up some fdk.

On the issue of Clark being too much of a softy when it came to his mom, I disagree somewhat with that. I don't think Clark has it in him to be angry at anyone, especially someone close to him. And he was a bit mad at first, but as Martha made him realize he may have misinterpreted Lois' actions earlier, he was too busy hoping Martha's interpretation was right to be mad at her. Maybe he and Lois will get a bit of humorous revenge later on, but in the end, I agree that they're grateful she did what she did.

Before setting out, he got changed. He wouldn’t forget in a hurry the way Lois had looked at him when he’d tried on those black jeans and the CK polo shirt - especially when he’d peeled the other T-shirt over his head in order to do so - and he wasn’t above using that knowledge to give himself an advantage right now.
Maybe I'm just a guy, but I don't see the great attraction with black jeans. smile I've been told differently by numerous people, but oh well, I'm not a woman.

The door opened abruptly; she stood there in the gap, giving him a surprised look. “Clark? What are you doing here?” Then he noticed her eyes widen, and he decided that his decision to wear the black jeans had been the correct one. Yes, she’d noticed.
I may not understand the attraction, but this is still funny!

So, how are you today?”

Oh, great start, Kent! he thought, kicking himself mentally.
/me thwaps Clark, too. smile

“My mom led you to believe that I was in love with someone else. Another woman,” he clarified, ramming his hands deep into his pockets.

Lois stared at him. After a moment, eyes wide, she said, “And... you’re not?”
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Give the woman a prize. At long last, after hint upon hint, she finally figures it out! No criticism of your writing, Wendy. It's just that Lois really IS this dense to take so long to figure out what's in front of her face when it comes to her personal life.

“I’minlovewithyou,” he gabbled, then turned away, as if ready to bolt for the door.
ROTFL! I can just see him doing that.

“Because I’d kind of like to remember the first time the man I love tells me that he loves me too.”
Awwww. smile1

“Clark Kent!” Lois reached behind her and grabbed a towel. “Are you going to make me beat it out of you?”

He fended her off with one hand, catching the towel in the other. “You want to try?”
Do it! Then maybe Wendy will have to make this an nfic. wink

“You do know that you’re wasting valuable time here?” she pointed out.

“I am?”

“Oh yes.” She licked her lips slowly, deliberately. “Valuable kissing time.”

“Oh.” He dropped the towel instantly. “You know, you could be on to something there, Lois.”
Yes! rotflol

Pygmalion had won her Eliza.

Or had Eliza won Pygmalion?

“Thank you, Martha,” Lois murmured, reaching up to kiss Clark again.
Nice comparison. Guess it doesn't matter which one won whom.

“No.” She cut across him firmly, her expression having changed from indignation to resignation in the space of a single second. “No, I do believe it,” she added quietly. “I know exactly why you didn’t tell me. Don’t I?”

He pulled a face. Yes, it had been partly her behaviour, the way she’d treated him as Clark and as Superman, which had made him reluctant to tell her, but that had been far from the only reason. Mostly, it had been the very real fear that to tell anyonewould put not only himself but also his parents at risk. Jason Trask’s single-minded search for ‘the alien’ and anyone who had harboured him had reinforced that caution and ingrained it to his bones.
As much as I hate dragging out these revelations and having Lois be upset with him, she does seem to have forgiven him a bit too quickly. Without having actually tortured him recently with her Superman obsession, I wouldn't think Lois would be so quick with her reasoning. At least, IMO. Maybe a paragraph or two of introspection where she gets upset with him, reviews her recent past, and then decides she's been rotten to him. To forgive him so quickly seems a bit OOC without at least some thinking about it.

“Do I get free flights?”

Clark blinked; whatever he’d been expecting, it wasn’t that! “I guess that could be arranged,” he agreed mildly.

“Good. And chocolate from Switzerland?”

He had to laugh at that. “Is that all my being Superman means to you? Your own private pilot and chocolate from Switzerland?”
LOL! Trust Lois to bargain with him for chocolate and flights.

She nodded. “See, I believe you. I believe Superman,” she said. “I know you wouldn’t lie, or treat a woman badly just because you can. You have integrity. And I love that about you, too.”
This is a rather interesting take. Granted the reason she fell for Clark is the same reason she fell for Superman. But in the face of the lies Clark had just admitted to, she's willing to trust that Superman would never hurt her for no reason. I've never heard this idea expressed in such a way. I like it.

“Remind me to thank her... ooh, maybe about the time I’ve finished paying off my credit card bill!” Clark replied, grinning.
Maybe he should get Martha to pay the bill? It was all her doing. Just kidding. wink

And then she kissed him again, and words seemed unnecessary.
And a nice WAFFy ending! Yay!

A lovely story, Wendy! I look forward to your Christmas story next!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think I just hit fic overload. I was looking at the most recent threads, and when I saw FDK for Momentum 2, it immediately confused me because I thought for sure it was FDK for Date By Arrangement and that I...posted feedback in my sleep or something. Oy. There are reasons why I don't try and catch up on multiple stories at once. goofy Now that I've had a good laugh at my lack of brain power, it's time to wrap this up by saying great story. There are so many plots where I think, hey, what a great idea! I would have never thought in a thousand years to get Lois and Clark together this way. Thanks for sharing it with us!

JD thumbsup

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
S
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
Wendy, I´m a little late with FDK, but thank you very much for this. I loved it, you did great again. And the end was very sweet and Waffy.
Sil

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

Sorry I'm so late.
WOW, what a wonderful ending! smile1

Tricia cool

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hey hey, Wendy! Long time, no feedback blush I absolutely loved this story, and I apologise for not being able to post feedback until this moment, but as I mentioned before my computer is on the fritz. It took the store 3 weeks to determine that my computer needed to be sent away to fix the fan on it. Most unfortunate. As it is, my computer still has yet to return to me, and thus I am on a computer at school, catching up on my fanfiction reading. I was hoping to have it back by my birthday, on the eighth, but to no avail.

Anyway, back to praising this story: It was incredible, as all you stories are, and I absolutely loved the interplay between Lois and... herself?! Her constant jealousy provided much comedic value, and I'm glad I finally got to read the conclusion.

I'm glad there was the closure of the Superman issue, however, I thought it may have played out a bit too quickly under the circumstances. Lois accepted it a bit too nonchalantly. But, I'm guessing you have justification for this. At any rate, the story is excellent, and I'm hoping you're working on another right... now!

-Jo huh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm finally back to thank you all very much, not just for your comments on this final section, but for your support throughout this story. Sorry it's taken so long, but again every time I thought that comments had ceased and it was time to reply, someone else would post (and I am definitely NOT complaining about that! goofy ) but that's why I waited.

Anyway... so our protagonists have declared their happy ever afters and Clark told Lois the truth about his double life. And... well, there seem to be some mixed responses here.

CC probably put it strongest:
I am not missing the irony, here, Wendy. You'll remember that once I preached you a nice sermonette on how I liked loose endings, things not to follow exactly from A to B, holes for the imagination, yakkety, yak, etc...? And you pretty much said, "Yeah, whatever, but tell it slower and tell me more." And I thought, "There she goes again, that Wendy."

Look what you've done here! I think, and again stressing how humble this opinion is, there was more story here. In fact, I imagine I can see your tread marks where you pulled it back in line as it tried to surge away.

Lois vowed to fight for her man. I wanted to see that. And it's been noted that Martha deserves a bit of a comeuppance. And the opportunity for Lois to investigate the dream woman and for Clark to watch, either clued-in or not....

You know what it is, don't you? I'm still looking for the *real* conflict, which you pretty much said you weren't writing. I get it.

However, I would say that I would like for you to have told me MORE and SLOWER.
ROFL! goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great story¡
I would love to have half of the wisdom of Martha Kent¡ thumbsup

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard