Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Yay!! It's finished!! wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL, and awww... the part where Clark finally confesses he loves her, all in a rush, and immediately tries to escape just cracks me up <g> And I do love Lois dragging it out of him again. Especially by explaining how they were wasting valuable kissing time goofy

Good revelation, too ... kinda low key, but definitely in a good way. And -- I know this will shock you -- I'm glad you wrapped this up in 10 parts instead of going to 40! laugh

I still think I'll dream up an epilog, where L&C conspire to act like Martha's destroyed everything and show her how badly things could have gone... <eg>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
{{{happy satisfied sigh}}}

nothing like a wendyfic to put me in a good mood.....

Thank you!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great finish!

Ooo!!! I agree with Pam! They need to fool Martha and have her think she's ruined everything!

So glad Lois was easy to forgive but wanting to make Clark pay.

Lovely revelation and guilt!! Great story!!

Missy

Merriwether
Merriwether
Aww. See, this part is why I should have waited an extra day to read the whole story. It was fun watching Lois drag Clark through the stores, and the date itself. But this part wraps it up beautifully. Not only do we have them together, but there's a revelation, too! Great! smile1

I have to agree, though, Martha needs some paybacks. wink And Lois is great at revenge.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Merriwether
Merriwether
Awww, very nice ending, Wendy. smile

“I’minlovewithyou,” he gabbled, then turned away, as if ready to bolt for the door.

“Clark?”

“What?” he asked through gritted teeth.

“Do you think you could say that again?” she asked sweetly. “A little slower this time?”

“Why?” he demanded. Hadn’t she made him humiliate himself enough?

“Because I’d kind of like to remember the first time the man I love tells me that he loves me too.”
Yay! I love that he just blurts it all out, then tries to bolt ... poor guy! Makes me want to hug him! (And thankfully, it made Lois want to, too. <g>)

And what a sweet response on her part ... yay again!

“Do I get free flights?”
LOL, great response from her! Love it! Now that's my kind of revelation! <g>

She nodded. “See, I believe you. I believe Superman,” she said. “I know you wouldn’t lie, or treat a woman badly just because you can. You have integrity. And I love that about you, too.”

“Lois, just because I’m Superman instead of just Clark Kent, that doesn’t mean that I’m any more likely to keep my promises to you!” Taken aback, and almost a little offended that she thought it would take a Superman to persuade her to trust freely, Clark stared at her.
And I love this, too, both what she says and his response to it. It fits so well with their S1 characters. Lois would be worried about where things might lead and she would trust Superman above anyone else to not hurt her. And Clark would be a little miffed by this ... nice insight and well done.

And I love their vows to each other at the end, that they will love and protect each other ... that's just wonderful. smile

Great story, Wendy! Major fun. smile (Though I do have to agree with everyone that I'd love an epilogue where they take revenge on Martha. I know you probably won't do it because it's already been submitted, but it would be a barrel of fun. <g>)

Kathy (who figures there's no sense in posting the rest of M2 since Wendy clearly has the low angst revelation stuff covered. goofy )

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,

You had gotten to the "I love yous" faster than I thought you would -- they were wonderful -- Clark tongue tied, Lois making him suffer (well a little) -- nicely done. But why would you get there so quickly? Ah!.....revelation for them and me. A great revelation coming! And it was simple, sweet and sure.

Nice, Wendy.

Barb.

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Great wrap-up, Wendy! clap

I must confess, though, that I'm a bit disappointed that Lois didn't have to fight for her man. Would have loved to see her checking out Clark's friends, desperately searching for some strange woman he's in love with.

Epiloge would really be nice, revenge on Martha (she kind of deserves it!! :p ).

But they are happy now and that's what counts.
laugh
Julia

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw Wendy this was wonderful. I got a kick out of this line.
You know, you didn’t even look that blissful after I’d been kissing you!” he pointed out with a wry grin.

She blushed, but then laughed. “Clark, come on - these are chocolate!”
Of course being on a diet I picked up the chocolate cookies thing real quick<g>

Anyway that was so sweet and I am glad she didn't freak out over him being Superman. Also the way he told her he loved her so fast was cute. Great job, and I can't wait until your next one<g> laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story! drool

“I love you, Lois Lane,” he said softly.

“And I love you too. Even if you can fly and I can’t,” she said, sticking her tongue out at him. “And even if your mom had to knock us over the head to get some sense into us!”

“Remind me to thank her... ooh, maybe about the time I’ve finished paying off my credit card bill!” Clark replied, grinning.

And then she kissed him again, and words seemed unnecessary.
Did you had to mention the credit card bill. mad

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Gee, yucky stuff, and just a tad waffy. Why am I not surprised.

Tank (who figures this sugary confection probably nearly killed poor Labrat)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hooray! Wonderful ending to a sweet, funny story!

LOVED the revelation..
He was Superman, and Lois knew it.

She was staring at him, eyes wide, mouth agape.

“You are... what?”

“Superman,” he said meekly.
Too cute! rotflol

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well...huh.

I think I get it. But I am not missing the irony, here, Wendy. You'll remember that once I preached you a nice sermonette on how I liked loose endings, things not to follow exactly from A to B, holes for the imagination, yakkety, yak, etc...? And you pretty much said, "Yeah, whatever, but tell it slower and tell me more." And I thought, "There she goes again, that Wendy."

Ok,ok, I'm getting to the point.

Look what you've done here! I think, and again stressing how humble this opinion is, there was more story here. In fact, I imagine I can see your tread marks where you pulled it back in line as it tried to surge away.

Lois vowed to fight for her man. I wanted to see that. And it's been noted that Martha deserves a bit of a comeuppance. And the opportunity for Lois to investigate the dream woman and for Clark to watch, either clued-in or not....

You know what it is, don't you? I'm still looking for the *real* conflict, which you pretty much said you weren't writing. I get it.

However, I would say that I would like for you to have told me MORE and SLOWER.

CC (who knows in her heart that Wendy will just sharpened these little points and toss them back at her with deadly accuracy at some future date.)

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sweet ending, Wendy. It just misses some things. First, I was yelling at you when we reached the smoochie. Cute and wonderful. But then you dropped the *thingies* on us. Bad, bad, very bad! So, when I continued reading after a moment or two, I finally noticed it went on. Just another POV. Good! laugh

But there immidiately follows another problem. I've looked all around, I really did, and I've tried to picture this from all sides, but I just don't see it. I can't have missed it, I'm sure of that. So where are the whams? Ten parts and just nothing... eek /me rushes back to read more Yvonne.

I also agree with the others. Some revenge on Martha would be great to see. And I know you've already send this to the archive, but we still need January uploads as well... so how about it?

Saskia (who isn't above nagging for more Martha since it seemed to work before <g>)

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wonderful Wendy.
I loved it
sorry I'm behind in posting
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry I'm late! But at last I found some time to read this last section. smile And what a section! It was the perfect ending to a wonderful story, full of banter, fun and waffs.

I'm particularly fond of the following line:

“Because I’d kind of like to remember the first time the man I love tells me that he loves me too.”
Very, very nice and waffy. And the rest is just as great!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Lovely happy ending...just as it should be. And a really fun plot for this one.

For this story, however, I confess I still want to kick Lois from here to Sunday. (Just what does that expression mean anyway?) And I think the reason is, actually, because of the length.

Let me try to explain....In the 40-parters laugh , you give equal time to showing us the neurotic, flawed Lois and the healed, trusting person she becomes with some help from our boy Clark. In a short (er wink ) story like this one, my head is happy with the plot resolution, but heart hasn't had time to forgive Lois and consider that she's now deserving of her happy ending. I'm wondering if this story should be either shorter (in the beginning parts) are longer...so that she can give the same amount of introspection to realizing how far she's come. Does that make any sense?

Whatever! smile Another excellent outing.

Best,
Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A very sweet and WAFFy ending, Wendy. drool Love it!

And LOL about the WHAMS, Saskia. laugh

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay, apologies, Wendy, for not posting fdk in a while... between one thing and another, I just couldn't find the time to do a lot of things... but I'm so glad I missed out on all those nail-biting cliffhangers wink

And wow! clap I just love this fic, and you tied the ending up so neatly, with your usual elegant phrasing and wonderful dialogue, which consequently just made me melt evil bits, but enjoyed this immensely anyway wink ]

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy, many appologies for being a bad girl about leaving fdk blush Bad, Bad, Bad!!!

I just couldn't leave this great story without letting you know how much I enjoyed it. The biggest problem leaving fdk this late is that everyone else has already gushed on about my favorite parts smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard