OP Offline
Pulitzer
Comments go here.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
That's a wonderfully creative take on the prompt, Ken. It's a good thing this Lois and Clark have superpowers--it's the only way they could juggle two full-time jobs, two superhero personas, and seven kids. Yikes!

This *is* my happily ever after.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
thumbsup

It took me a while to remember why Lois was UW again, but then I remembered. [Linked Image] Duh! (Everyone else who wants to know has to read Ken's Matchmaker Chronicles. wink )

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks Happygirl and Virginia!

Yes, I decided to challenge myself and try to do something short.

The Incredibles happens to be a favorite of mine, as you could probably tell and I thought it would be apropos.

I wanted to do something light and funny, but, how would I do that with a topic like a hurricane? That was when the terrible twos came to mind and the rest is history.

If you got a chuckle out of it I'm satisfied.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Seven kids...yikes!

Oh, this was a great short summer story. I knew you could do it.

The Incredibles is one of my favorites as well, it was the perfect film to show my nieces and nephews when they were small. Hurricane Lucy? Sounds like my youngest niece!

Thank you for a great way to start a hot summer's day.

(Just correcting typo on bold code - LabRat)

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

There are actually eight children in the Kent clan.

They are (In birth order):
Jonathan Joel,
Lara,
Sean and his twin,
Celeste,
Jessica,
James Perry (Jimmy),
Lucy and,
Sam

kj
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Very cute, Ken. My oldest also learned to take care of his 6 siblings upon occasion -- a big plus when he became a daddy in his own right. His wife used to tell me that he changed a diaper better than she did.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Nan,

I'm glad you took a couple of minutes to read my short offering.

Hopefully it gave you a chuckle.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<cracks knuckles>

Oooh, will Lois and Clark be cooped up together during a storm? Will romance happen? Will this create a few Kent-babies?

Lois and Clark had recently broken up a ring which was smuggling illegal aliens in by hiding them in shipping containers on cargo ships.
<tamps down "Clark is an alien" joke>

The break had come when Superman had rescued an individual that had been left behind in a container and he had spilled the beans to Superman because he had been able to question him in his native language.
And *this* children is why you need to study hard in school. Never know when it will be handy knowing 347 languages.

link by link until they had found the ring leader and Superman and Ultra Woman
Ah, so Lois still has powers here? This could be fun!

nursed fourteen month old Sam, her youngest, at around noon and visited with two year old Lucy and four year old Jimmy. Jon, Lara, Sean Celeste and Jessie were in another section for the school aged children
Oh Lord! They've been *buuuuusy!*

They all loaded into the mini-van and headed home.
Soon they will need a bus!

Fortunately when it has kicked in once he saw his parents in their bedroom. All they were doing was cuddling in bed and he could hear them discussing their plans for their upcoming vacation.
Ooooh that could have been *bad!!!* laugh

“Jon, you’re the oldest so we are leaving you in charge. See to it that your brothers and sisters behave and stay out of trouble.”
That's not going to end well, is it? laugh

“Sure Jon. I can handle it. What do you plan to do with everyone?”

“I was thinking we could put on some cartoons or one of our videos. Maybe we could pop some corn. I don’t think Mom and Dad would mind, we’ve already had dinner.”

Lara asked, “Can I pick out the video?”

Jon replied, “Sure sis. Go ahead and I’ll bring the rest of the kids into the living room.”
Seems like a nice, close family. clap

“The Incredibles” and put the DVD in the player.
Gee, I wonder why it's a fave. wink (I was actually thinking of doing a fic where Jimmy and Clark see this in the theatre and it weirds Clark out.)

Lara was so engrossed in the movie that she didn’t notice two year old Lucy get up and leave the living room.
Oops! Things are about to go clap

Nice twist on the prompt! I never would have thought to use it in a metaphorical sense. Well done!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Ken! smile1

Hurricane - Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1B
I’m sensing a pattern laugh

Lois and Clark had recently broken up a ring which was smuggling illegal aliens in by hiding them in shipping containers on cargo ships.
They’ve set up trade routes with other planets and now New Kryptonians are trickled into Earth?

Naturally they gave the exclusive interview to Lois and Clark.
Naturally.

Fortunately when it has kicked in once he saw his parents in their bedroom. All they were doing was cuddling in bed and he could hear them discussing their plans for their upcoming vacation.
Oops?

“Jon, you’re the oldest so we are leaving you in charge. See to it that your brothers and sisters behave and stay out of trouble.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Vicki and Michael,

Thanks for the FDK!

It was fun to write.

I wanted this to be light and funny and I was stretched to make it so considering the topic - Hurricane.

When I thought of the kids in my Chronicles set the terrible twos came to mind and the rest is history.

I didn't even need Herb to intervene. rotflol

kj
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Cute story.

I liked the choice of movies; very appropriate.

“Where’s Lucy?”
Every parent's nightmare. shock

I'm sure I'd have found the mess humorous if it didn't hit so close to home. The bathroom scene sounded all too familiar to me; my 10 year old son (who is severely affected with autism) still loves to pull all the paper off the roll and flush it down the toilet. (Fortunately, keeping the roll off of the dispenser helps curtail that activity.)

The lipstick incident, too, sounded familiar. Fortunately, that one had nothing to do with my son or even any humans, but my Mom has recounted a certain incident involving her childhood dog...

My guess is that the never-to-be-written sequel involves Hurricanes Clark and Lois doing some super-speed cleaning.

Joy,
Lynn

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Lynn,

Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
<strong> Cute story.

I liked the choice of movies; very appropriate.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">“Where’s Lucy?”
Every parent's nightmare. clap

Superspeed cleanup, yeah, that little chore would be given to Jon and Lara while Mom and Dad both oversaw the younger kids. evil

Lois and Clark decided to keep the secret from the kids until their powers started to come on and they could be trusted to keep it a secret. cool

kj
Kerth
Kerth
rotflol Hurricane Lucy!!! Perfect! I can imagine there being a Hurricane Lois back in her day, too... Great Job!!

By the way, I do intend on getting around to reading the Matchmaker Chronicles at some point... life's just gotten crazy again. But at least this time, it's a good kind of crazy. :p

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Mouse,

Thanks for the FDK.

Yeah, I kind of imagine it would be - like mother, like daughter. Only Lois didn't grow out of it. She still leaps before she looks.

Notice Lois' response, laughter. She was identifying with her daughter and thinking that the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. :rofl:

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The destruction of Hurricane Lucy, so carefully and thoroughly described, makes me suggest that you have personal experience with this sort of thing. laugh

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Iolanthe,

Well, I admit to being a parent. I also admit to being a grandparent. I guess I have seen my share of things like this. Thankfully not in a single evening such as I have displayed here.

Our daughter was a neatnick but, our son was just the opposite.

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
smile1

It reminded me of a day many, many years ago, when my husband and I woke to hear sounds coming from the kitchen. My husband yelled out to our toddler, "What are you doing?" and he answered, "Playing." I asked him, "With what?" and in all his child-like innocence and honesty, he responded, "Food." I raced to the kitchen to see an open fridge, and a floor covered in ketchup, maple syrup, broken eggs, strips of raw bacon, and I don't know all what. He just looked up and me and grinned, as if to see, "Look what I did!"

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Vicki,

My, my. Everything I wrote is very tame compared to your situation.

Thanks for the FDK. I hope you got a chuckle.

I should be posting another summer challenge piece about Summer Camp within a few days.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard