Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Greetings one and all! Please place comments here!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/drooling over the thought of French baked goods/

Of course, as the joke goes:

In the ideal world we would have German engineers, French cooks, and English policemen. Unfortunately in this world, we have French engineers, English cooks, and German policemen. wink

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Morgana!

Yes, you posted! And just when I'm in Paris for a week (I live in another French city now). I thought of you this morning when I was having a croissant for breakfast. laugh

More seriously, a last edit (for the Archive):

“Madam Morel, mon cheri, Lois Lane,”
It's not "Madam" but "Madame".

"Mon chéri" is for a man. For a woman, it's "ma chérie". But, if a man says "ma chérie" to the the woman he loves, he doesn't introduce her like that.
So Clark should tell: "Madame Morel, voici ma fiancée, Lois Lane" or "Madame Morel, voici la femme que j'aime, Lois Lane". Your choice!

Anyway, it's a great part: I love the atmosphere in Paris.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

What a nice way to start the day - a new chapter from Morgana!

Very sweet, and I am not talking about the pastries. Lois being the beneficiary of being with Clark and him being able to take her special places, on a whim. It is almost a shame that we are so near the end of the story.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Whew! Finally getting a moment to get caught up on this one.

Two a.m. Daily Planet Newsroom
Oh dear! That desperate to spend some time alone?

“Lois … honey. Mike’s situation is different from Jimmy’s in so many ways. From everything you told me, his marriage to Rita was happy: home, children, a successful business they built together. Think about what you’re saying. As a mature man who’s lived a full life, he might deeply resent anyone pushing him into a relationship. If you really insist on nurturing their friendship, then by all means, encourage Mike to bring a date. If his choice is Grace, fine. But, afterwards, let them take it from there.”
Very wise, Clark. Also, Jimmy sucks at relationships and Mike apparently does it well.

She whispered softly, “Like you found me?”
Awwww!

“Speaking of which, we have given quite enough to Perry and the Daily Planet for awhile. I’m leaving a note, letting him know we are going on vacation, starting today.”
Yes, enjoy some pre-wedding time together!

Seconds later the familiar sonic boom was heard over Metropolis...
*Finally!* wink

Lois imagined the argument that would have ensued about her running around Metropolis at all hours of the night.
<is mildly surprised the Lane Family hasn't sent out an APB for Lois already>

“Bonjour, Mademoiselle,” he smiled, taking in her beauty and totally ignoring Clark.
clap

Lois bowed her head in quick acknowledgement of his kindness. The man smiled as they passed and let go of the door, right on Clark’s backside. If it were not for his quick reflexes, the door would have shattered.
So much for *kindness!* wink

The boulangerie’s space was large; on the left side stood a long marble green countertop covered with colorful pastries; éclairs, religieuses and tartes. On the right were white marble counters of different heights displaying all manner of breads: long elegant baguettes, thick country white bread, ring shaped breads called couronnes and the delightful sweet bread that looked like a muffin with a round dot on top, the fluffy brioches. Along that wall behind the counters were dozens of baskets filled with all manner of bread loaves, rounds and rings delicately sprinkled with herbs.
And now I am hungry...

[Jacques! How many times do I have to tell you not to let the door slam on customers! Mon Dieu! That man!]
Thanks for the translation. I remember almost nothing from my high school French classes.

“My young friend, you mentioned she was pretty, but said nothing about her being beautiful. This must be…”
laugh

“Show her around, pick whatever food you wish. Tell any of the ladies I said it is my present to you.”
Awwww!

“Are you kidding, Clark? What doesn’t?”
clap

The soft noise made her heart do a tiny dance, and for a moment her thoughts wandered into previously forbidden zones.
Welcome to your future, Lois. laugh

With that, AnnKay walked – or rather was pulled on – towards the bakery.
Ha! Been there!

We *already* have a cat!
Huh. Didn't picture them with pets, aside from Lois' fish.

"Yeah, well we can table that discussion for another time.”
Sounds like my house.

Me: "How about we get a dog?"
Hubby: "How about we don't talk about that?"

“Romantic?” her companion said with a teasing tone. “The Lois Lane I met years ago would *never* have used the word, much less apply it to herself.”
clap

Lane and Kent the reporting team might not be working, but Lois and Clark still have a few things to do before they exchange their vows.
I love this distinction, using the last names in the professional sense, the first names on the personal level. Such an obvious thing to do, but it just really struck me.

Yay! Another really great, WAFFy chapter! More please!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
IolantheAlias:

drooling over the thought of French baked goods
Yup, that was my intention to have the reader hungry afterwards. Besides, who could resist a freshly baked brioche?

Sydney:

More seriously, a last edit (for the Archive):
Thanks! The addition will be made!

Anyway, it's a great part: I love the atmosphere in Paris.
Without the pictures you provided, the atmosphere of Lois and Clark's date would have been a little weak.

Kenj

Lois being the beneficiary of being with Clark and him being able to take her special places, on a whim.
Don't we all wish we could fly?
laugh
Deadly Chakram

Oh dear! That desperate to spend some time alone?
Hey, they are a high-powered journalist couple who also happened to be getting married. Right now, life is just a little bit nuts.

Very wise, Clark. Also, Jimmy sucks at relationships and Mike apparently does it well.
Yes, the Justin Whalin Jimmy was TERRIBLE with women. But my Jimmy is Michael Landes and he had potential!

<is mildly surprised the Lane Family hasn't sent out an APB for Lois already>
Yeah, that's true, but come to think of it, where was Ellen that night? Scary thought.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard