OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Having Clark call EPRAD just before the shuttle took off was very different from the show. It certainly was more exciting than writing a story about a condemned theatre, although that was a lovely touch!

If Nigel can find out who Linda and Charlie really are he will have earned his paycheck.

Speaking of which, didn't Mrs. Cox get a full description of them from Claude? I cannot imagine she would do a half-baked job of getting the information out of that weasel.

Now you can take your lecherous comments and keep them to yourself in the future. If I ever hear you saying anything about my wife again I just might lose my temper and do something I might regret later. And trust me my hearing is excellent.
Finally! Clark tells Ralph off. Yes!!!

“Yeah, just call me Jack. What can I do for you Mr. Kent?”
Yippee! Jack is here! Love that kid. But, Mr. K? dance

“Remember your wedding gift to me?” she said as she reached up and fingered the Star Sapphire earrings she was wearing. They had quickly become her favorite earrings and she wore them at every opportunity.
OK, so now I get it with the jewelry.

KenJ you have my attention! Keep going.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

I like Jack as well so naturally he shows up in the Alt universe.

Mmmmmmmm Mr. K. There isn't a gofor Jimmy around and Clark just started that day so the less familiar and yet polite Mr. K.

The jewelry, yes, there is a time and a place for everything.

You may be wondering about Lana and Pete. These is a lot happening in the background with them. They have been dating but keep in mind, they had a jump start on the relationship since they have known each other for years.

Realistically, how good of a description could Claude give - Ravishing brunette with lovely legs and large chest. It's doubtful if his eyes moved above her bustline.

He would have given a better description of Charlie, but, he is actually and unknown quantity in Metropolis not having been there at the time the story takes place.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It looks like some strange woman was in the office. She vamped some reporter named Claude.
grumble Mrs. Cox.

Derek didn’t know and Claude wouldn’t own up to anything, but Derek said he didn’t like Claude’s attitude. It was like had a bug in his bonnet.”

“Yeah, he didn’t like being aced out on the story. I wouldn’t put it past him to try to get back at us. Oh well, looks like the fat is in the fire now. At least all he had was our undercover names.
Phew. Right. I forgot about Charlie and Linda. Hee-hee, wouldn't it be funny if Linda King showed up as the newest reporter for the Met Star about now? Hee- hee.

Lana and Pete liked what they saw, so as a wedding gift to them Clark and Lois paid the security deposit and six months rental for them.
Either it was a dump of an apartment or LnC have LOTS of money squirelled away.

They sent them off on their honeymoon telling them not to hurry. Since they were going to live with them until the apartment was ready they just needed to be in Metropolis the day before Pete had to report to work.
No point in having them move into the Kents' honeymoon apartment anytime soon.

It had been so long since Lois had been actively engaged locally as a reporter that there were few of her peers that could actually recognized her. To all intents and purposes she had simply vanished from the public eye. A lot of her peers thought that she had given up investigative journalism in favor of writing novels.
Did she have much of a name for herself careerwise before going to the Congo? I mean, I know she was Perry's little darling, but with her fellow reporters?

“I don’t think it’s very wise to send up that shuttle. There is a bomb on board set to detonate shortly after liftoff.”
Great. Now they're going to think Charlie set the bomb.

Clark used his x-ray vision combined with his telescopic vision to observe Lex Luthor. What he saw was very gratifying. Lex was extremely angry and was taking his anger out on a slightly older somewhat portly man with a van Dyke beard.
Did canon Lois ever learn that Clark suspected Luthor of the Prometheus bomb? I'm just surprised at how much of canon dimension that he learned about during his couple of short days with Lois.

“She’s good enough looking. I wouldn’t kick her out of bed, if you know what I mean.”
clap

“You got it, Mr. K. I’ll get it right down there.”

“Thanks, Jack. I appreciate it.”
I like Jack's twist on Jimmy's CK nickname.

“Anyhow, Chief, here’s the idea. I have some jewelry that looks like it’s straight out of the English Crown jewels. We need to plant some articles about a visiting Royal Princess staying in Metropolis, maybe in the Lexor Hotel. I’ll provide the jewels and the gown if the Planet will spring for the hotel room for a few nights. We need to make it look good.”
They never go for the simple disguse, do they? They better get a big story or they'll have to cash in those jewels to pay the DP back for the fail attempt.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

I'm happy to see that you are catching up.

Yeah, I had to have him call Clark something, some king of nickname because Jack is the casual type and besides they are coworkers.

They are confident that the story will pan out.

There are two things 1) the time he spent with Lois in both universes and 2) to him it's history. Lex Luthor was not around in his time at the DP, but after talking to Lois he could have gone into the morgue and pulled back copies to read about the events.

The only way he would have had a good handle on the timéline would have been that because the events occurred somewhat earlier in the Alt universe.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard