Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#87668 06/27/12 06:04 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Apologies in advance if I've butchered police procedure. I did a bit of light research, but despite the title, this story isn't really about a police case.

Thanks for your comments so far. I'm horribly behind with answering, but I figured you'd probably want a new part, rather than responses to FDK.

Corrina.

#87669 06/27/12 11:49 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Corrina rules!! dance Thanks sloppy FDK later

KateB
#87670 06/28/12 06:40 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. I loved that Lois figured out there had to be another woman.

Now when she meets with Henderson in the morning she can point in to looking at signs of another woman. Lana Lang in her one episode was played by a blonde, Emily Procter . So blonde hair might have been snagged by the Forensic/CSI* team but just assumed to be Mayson's hair.

I don't know if our timeline had good DNA testing in the early 1990s but the L&C timeline had human cloning so was far ahead of our timeline in the Bio-sciences. So they clearly will have good DNA testing available.

*yes my sense of humor is odd.

Framework4
#87671 06/28/12 11:27 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Alright! Lois is on the case and already on the way to figuring it out. thumbsup

When she and Henderson get to the apartment I think she's going to find Lana's stuff in the barhroom. When they do Henderson will get her fingerprints. dance

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#87672 06/28/12 01:00 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Great part, Corrina. mecry
It isn't suprising that Henderson knows Lois so well,but it's a bit sad,that he believes Clark's guilt.

I can't wait for the nest part to see how you resolove that. Please, post sonn. grovel

KateB
#87673 06/28/12 05:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good job on this part! I can't wait to see what Lois will find. I can't wait until she sees Clark! More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#87674 06/29/12 02:05 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh man, talk about behind on things! I am going to read this fic tonight, savor it after the heat of a long summer's day. Will provide FDK then

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#87675 06/29/12 03:10 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, Lois knows there's another woman, which could only help the case. On the other hand, Lois knows there's another woman, and that can only turn sour... wink Can't wait to see what happens next- I do wonder just how it is that everyone saw Clark running out so clearly when it couldn't possibly be him... OH! I just had a thought!! Alt-Clark perhaps? And Lana from the Alt-dimension?! That would make things tidy... ish. I suppose it wouldn't make anything easier for poor Clark... then again, I could have no idea whatsoever. Which is it? Am I getting warmer?

Update soon!!! hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#87676 06/29/12 05:13 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
I do wonder just how it is that everyone saw Clark running out so clearly when it couldn't possibly be him...
Eyewitness recall is often unreliable. I rather expect Mrs McCreadie is going to turn out to be half blind even with her glasses and with a weak bladder, meaning her statement
"she swears she didn't take her eyes from the doorway until the police arrived."
will turn out to be not quite true.

I am still expecting we will see
  • Lois finding out Clark is Superman, not being told but figuring it out.
  • Henderson being told about Clark by Lois withOUT Clark's permission or knowledge
  • Lois turning in the murder weapon
  • Confrontation between Lois and Lana

And let me add
  • Wolfe meeting Mad Dog Lane in earnest
  • Wolfe's line of reasoning being demolished in clear, cold, and rather scathing language.
  • Henderson holding her back while Wolfe flees

Framework4
#87677 06/29/12 09:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If memory serves me corectly, Emilly Proctor who played Lana for one episode in LnC was small framed and much shorter than Clark.

How on Earth could Mrs. McCreadle think that she is Clark? Even wearing his leather jacket? Let's also remember her hair is strawberry blonde? If she watches her neighbors as much as she says she does even in the dark she would know that was not Clark. Another thought comes to mind. From her vantage point she might see another sight. Superman coming and going from time to time.

Just a thought.

Love the way this story is coming together!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#87678 06/30/12 06:40 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Unfortunately, unless the cop was open to a bribe, getting access to the crime scene was going to be difficult.
Hmm…

There was the balcony, but unless you were Superman or skilled in abseiling, that wasn't a viable entrance or exit.
Superman, huh? [Linked Image]

"Is that still happening?" Lois asked, reflecting on how long it had been since a big story had unfolded in Metropolis without her being right in the thick of it.
Clark’s so going to be paying for that later.

"I'm sorry. Inspector Henderson is off-duty."

"He wasn't off-duty an hour ago. I was talking to him then. I have further information about a case he's working on."

The woman paused for a moment. "I'll see if he's still here," she said,
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#87679 06/30/12 11:58 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Morgana:
How on Earth could Mrs. McCreadle think that she is Clark?
Yes Emily Procter at 5'3" and 110lb is clearly much smaller than Clark, Dean Cain, at 6'0" and 180lb.

Does not really matter, many folks in their 70s can only see a general blur a few feet away in the best light, let alone in the dark.

I have one friend who is 78, the same age as my father, and he can not tell who is who, even five (5) feet away in the bright daylight. My father on the other hand didn't get glasses till his early 60s and can iD someone a block away.

If all she saw was a blur of motion her mind could easily supply what she expected to see coming out of Clark's apartment, Clark.

Framework4
#87680 06/30/12 03:42 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part, Corrina. The name "Mrs. McCreadie" makes me think of the professor's housekeeper in _The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe." Only the children called her 'The McCreadie" IIRC.

I'm still convinced that Mrs. McCreadie saw Lana running out of Clark's apartment. She could easily have not noticed the hair color in the dark, or Lana could have pulled Clark's jacket over her head. And her perspective from above (she's on the second floor looking down) could have distorted her perception of the person's height.

I'm hoping that Lois will run into Superman at the subway scene.

Mouse, I disagree that Lois thinking there's another woman can only go sour. It's exactly what Lois needs to make her realize the depth of her own feelings for Clark, and the confusion will be cleared up soon enough.

Looking forward to the rest of the story!

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
#87681 07/04/12 04:13 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
From Part 1...
"And I got my hair styled at the premier salon in Paris," she said, running her fingers through her locks. "Where all of Europe's beautiful women go."

"It's shorter," Clark managed. "And darker."

#87682 07/04/12 07:35 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh boy! AmyPrime has a very good point. An older person looking down and seeing a figure running away wearing Clark's jacket and dark hair might be enough proof for anyone.

Morgana

#87683 07/04/12 10:21 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It caught my attention, because I didn't *think* this was a Tank story.... smile

#87684 07/05/12 06:24 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
the crowd had dwindled to a couple of middle-aged women, standing off to the side and sipping from steaming cups.
Clearly there was nothing on the late night cable stations.

However, that truncated sentence was enough to confirm Lois's assumption that Clark's apartment would be guarded all night in case he should return home.
Oh dear. So...he'll crash at Lois'?

"Do you get backup?" Lois said. "Surely they can't expect you to stay here alone all night."
Heh. You go, girl.

"Yeah. Lots of them. It's going to be a long night for everyone."
Ick.

"The inspector will see you in Interview Room 18. It's along the -"

"I know where it is," Lois said. "Thank you very much."
She must be new. laugh

Her eagerness for answers swept her to Room 18, but when she got there, it was empty.
Hmmm...

And Clark.

She loved him.
clap

Mayson's angry words -

Lois's eyes shot open.

Mayson had accused Clark of cheating.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We *have* a winner!

They were probably tucked up in bed together, oblivious to collapsed tunnels and shattering reputations.
clap

Lois's tears erupted.
mecry

Lois hauled herself from her sofa, turned off the television, picked up her bag, and left her apartment.
<hopes Lois gets to speak with Superman privately when he gets a moment to breathe>

Looking forward to more!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#87685 07/09/12 01:43 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kate Henderson is believing the evidence - which is what he would have been trained to do. That's sad, but I wanted Lois to do this alone.

Patrick Obviously, the police case is happening 'off-screen', but I don't have the knowledge or the interest to include much detail.

The police aren't going to get it right - at least, not at first. If they did, there would be no reason for Lois to step in. And I wouldn't have a story.

The Lana we saw did have blonde hair, but this one has dyed her hair darker.

Thanks for all your thoughts about the case against Clark.

Ken Good predictions!

Laura Thanks for commenting. Glad you're enjoying it.

Mouserocks Your 'mixed feelings' are exactly what I was hoping to convey.

Morgana Good questions.

Michael You use the graemlins to great effect, Michael. I always get a laugh out of your reactions.

Happy I'd forgotten about the McCreadie in TL,TW&TW.

Height can be very hard to judge accurately unless you have something to compare with. From above, that's difficult.

Amy Exactly. I changed Lana's hair colour cool

DC

Because Lana WAS WEARING HIS JACKET! <smacks head> DUH!!!!!!
cool

<hopes Lois gets to speak with Superman privately when he gets a moment to breathe>
There will be a Superman/Lois moment. I feel I can tell you that because I don't think it will be quite what you might think!

Thanks everyone for the comments. I enjoyed your discussion.

Corrina.

#87686 07/18/12 02:28 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another great chapter. Nice conversation between Henderson and Lois.

It was strangely comforting to know Clark's whereabouts less than four and a half hours ago. A lot had happened since then, but it seemed like the first real connection they had shared for a week.
This was a nice touch. thumbsup

I liked how you had Lois figure things out. And yeah, mixed feelings. The good news is... she figured out there's another woman. The bad news is... she thinks there's another woman.

Off to see what Chapter 6 will bring...

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#87687 11/08/12 11:52 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Things look terrible for Clark right now! frown Fourteen dead in the subway -- which will be weighing on him -- and then this entire messed up situation!

I'm surprised Lois hasn't considered the fact that Clark might have been on the subway train when the tunnel collapsed. It would certainly make a good alibi for him if he could be 'found' in the rubble as Superman is uncovering victims.

And poor Lois! She's so strong in her faith to him, and she thinks he's found someone else!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard