Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Cmments go here

The director has been shouting 'Places, places everyone'.

Now just about all of our players are in place and act 2 of the play is about to begin.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I wish it was that easy for my husband and I when we brought and furnished our house!

Clark and Lois had decided that they would take whatever time they needed to prepare their new home before they reported in to the Planet. Accordingly after they had gone to settlement on 348 Hyperion Ave and had taken possession they went to look at wallpaper, paint, fabric patterns, carpet and furniture. The Jeep had come in handy for hauling cans of paint, furniture, window blinds, etc. It had been a whirlwind two weeks, but with the judicious use of superspeed they were ready and move in, in record time.
Lois is asking an awful lot of Perry!

QUOTE] “Perry, I, we, need you to cut all the red tape and hire him on my recommendation. Can you do that for me?”
[/QUOTE]

Aha! The game is afoot!

Clark said, “I think I can guess the source. Was it by any chance, Lex Luthor?”
Pete and Lana get engaged. Lois and Clark are in their wedding party. Plus the new couple will be their houseguests after the honeymoon while they look for a place of their own?

Mrs. Cox is in Brazzaville. That does not speak well for the good doctors...

Hmmm the story is set for high gear!

One question? Will Pete be working for Dr. Klein? Is Dr. Klein in this universe? Just asking.

Great segment!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Pete is heading up another lab, however Dr. Klein is chief researcher. Unfortunately he does not appear in this story.

Yes, we are changing gears and watch out. We still have some serious twists and turns ahead on this roller coaster. Keep your seat belt fastened and your hands inside the car.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I think I mentioned in another post that events in Alt1 do not necessarily follow the events in canon

An example of this is Messenger and Prometheus came earlier in Alt. There are other events as well.

I have attempted to maintain a consistent timeline throughout the Volumes that deal with Alt1.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Your opening comments about the Director shouting that all the players are in their places made me smile.

Hello Cecile B. Demille!

No Dr. Klein? whinging

Mr. K still sounds odd.

OK, I hope Pete and Lana are very happy together. But it still seems to a quick courtship. Ah well, that's just me.

Seat belt securely fastened!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois squealed in delight. “Last one in the shower’s a rotten egg.”
Um... so Lois is a rotten egg? wink

“Well, that’s what I was calling about Perry. We’ve been back in town for a couple of weeks, kinda getting re-acclimated. We’d like to come in today if that’s okay with you.”

“Now you know you don’t have to set up an appointment to come in here. You’re still my best reporter. Are you ready to get back to work? Did you get the rest you needed?”
Perry's a bit of a push-over isn't he? Can I work for THAT Daily Planet?

“Well, about that, I can’t just hire him off the street, you know that. He has to apply for a position, I have to have an opening, he has to go through the interview process, I need his resume and I need to see his portfolio.”

“Perry, I, we, need you to cut all the red tape and hire him on my recommendation. Can you do that for me?”

“Lois, you know I have some leeway, but that’s a lot to ask.”
Glad he isn't THAT much of a pushover. Lois is asking for a lot here.

Since they had been back they had been keeping an eye on the news via LNN and they knew that the Prometheus shuttle was being prepared for launch. Clark, taking a chance on the history of this universe being a very close parallel to the other Lois and Clark’s universe brought the conversation back to the previous topic. “Mr. White, if the team of Lois Lane and Clark Kent can bring you a scoop on the Prometheus launch, will you hire me?”
So, this Clark knows what happened in canon dimension.

“Thank you Lois. You know I have you and Clark to thank for this. Clark, you were right.” She didn’t say that he was right that they would have been miserable together; she didn’t need to because they both understood. “Now I have a favor to ask of you.”

“Anything, Lana. Just ask.”

“I need a Matron of Honor.”
Really? Okay, I can see Lana and Pete hooking up quickly, having known him all her life, and him going off to a new job. But LOIS as her Matron of Honor? whinging

Lois said, “Clark, how about we let them use our spare room until they’re ready to move in. That would help cut their expenses and give them some time to decorate.” Clark nodded his agreement. “What do you guys think? Want to live with us for a while till your place is ready?”

Lana said, “Lois, thank you for that kind offer, but we wouldn’t want to put you guys out that way.”
Lois! [Linked Image] You don't invite Clark's ex-girlfriend to live with you while you're still technically in the honeymoon phase! What's wrong with you, girl? Even if she'll be on her honeymoon at the same time. That just a little too friendly IMO.

And what's up with all this redecorating of apartments before they move in? Most people I know move in and decorate afterwards.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Lois as Matron of Honor. Well, Pete would have made it very clear that Clark would be his best man so Lois was the logical choice.

The apartment - it was unfurnished and they were going to need furniture. They are relocating after living with their folks in Smallville.

Lois was trying to be nice to them and allow a full honeymoon by offering to let them use a spare room for a few days rather than cut it short to work on an apartment.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard