OP Offline
Kerth
wave

Feedback goes here.

Corrina.

#87460 06/19/12 04:04 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow she is a royal bitch isn't she? Ok so I hate Lana. poor Clark. What a situation you have him in. I can't wait to see how he gets out of it. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#87461 06/19/12 05:25 PM
Kerth
Kerth
shock wallbash Stupid, stupid Clark! Now his fingerprints will be all over the murder weapon and the gun residue could be on his hands and who's to stop Lana from going and killing Lois anyways?

He's so screwed. He needs Lois' help, but how? He seems staunchly against revealing that CK=S, but it's the only thing that will get him out of this. And Lois probably won't believe him unless he tells her the truth- that he's Superman and he as actually with her at the time. And as much as I'm now thinking Lana murdered Mayson, I'm inclined to think she doesn't actually know Clark's true secret... despite that last little move of his at the end. The truth is going to come out anyway. He might as well give it all up, secret identity be damned.

Oh dear. This is quite a pickle he's in. You must save poor Clark (and your loving readers)! And soon- before we all go crazy like Lana!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#87462 06/19/12 08:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As I see it he has only one out. He has to go to Lois and confess to being Superman then she is his alibi because he was with her at the time the murder was done.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#87463 06/19/12 09:35 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
and saw a revolver loaded with three bullets tucked into the jeans near Lana's hip. With a movement that was superfast and supremely deft, he reached into the jacket and took the gun. He turned away and sprinted towards the alley.
Great now he has the murder weapon and it has his prints and dna. Real smart Kent.

Lois and confess to being Superman then she is his alibi because he was with her at the time the murder was done.
I wouldn't put it past Lois to lie to Henderson and give Clark an alibi without even talking to Clark.

After all if she is caught out in her lie she'll just say she misheard the time.

Framework4
#87464 06/20/12 01:03 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Things are not looking good for Clark. They're not looking good for Lana, either. frown I was really hoping that she would not be the murderer. Well, I suppose it's still possible that she's *not* the murderer. Being in possession of a gun is no crime, and certainly not proof of guilt. But add that to her wacky behavior, her jealousy of anyone involved with Clark, and her threat to Lois and I've got to admit, it's looking bad. What will become of her baby?

I cannot see any good come of Clark turning himself in. What he needs, is Lois.

Looking forward to reading more...

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#87465 06/20/12 02:16 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Great now he has the murder weapon and it has his prints and dna. Real smart Kent.
I agree!

And these are for Lana wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#87466 06/20/12 10:13 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Well done.

Two thoughts occur to me:

1) Now Clark's fingerprints are on what I assume to be the murder weapon. shock

2) I hope Superman isn't subpoena-ed to testify at Clark's trial. That could be awkward.

Will part four be posted soon?

Joy,
Lynn

#87467 06/21/12 02:01 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
As always, your stories are deep and satisfying, leaving the poor reader hungry for more.

No matter what the crisis, Martha and Jonathan's love for their son is a bedrock of his life. Thank goodness they are there.

What is Det. Wolfe's problem? There's a backstory not yet mentioned.

Everyone is forgetting something; what happened in Europe to cause Lana's break with reality? She has always been unstable, demanding and pushy, so whatever it is it must be huge.

I agree with KenJ. Clark has to go to Lois, fess up. She is his alibi.

What is your posting schedule?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#87468 06/21/12 06:17 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Hope ghe bitch Kana gets what's coming to her ib a bug way I wiykde gave love to seem Mayson alive have ger abd Kaba watch Clark woo Lois & kick their ass

#87469 06/21/12 06:38 AM
Blogger
Blogger
So sorry for the bad wrtting using cell phone

#87470 06/22/12 08:35 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Corrina,

I'm back again with a comment I forgot to include the first time around. On the show, I never really "got" Clark's reaction to Mayson's death. Of all the stories I've read which delved a bit more into what Clark was thinking immediately following Mayson's death, yours is the one which really resonated with me. In just a few sentences, you have succinctly portrayed his sadness over this senseless loss of life, as well as making Clark's guilt over his inability to be honest with her seem very real and reasonable. Well done.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#87471 06/22/12 10:22 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That had been his fault. He should have told her. He'd had numerous opportunities over the past week to tell her how he felt, but he'd failed every time.
See? That’s why you should always break up while you still have time.

"You and Kent are particular friends?" Wolfe barked.
I think Det. Wolfe had a thing for Mayson.

"But obviously you're close enough that you drop into his apartment?"
“He’s doing my washing. I make sure his apartment isn’t robbed more than average.”

"It happened here, in his apartment," Henderson said. "We have a -"

Wolfe stepped between them. "We are not at liberty to discuss any case with members of the public," he said coldly.
Witness? Lana?

"The apartment was empty when we arrived,
Huh.

About two feet from Mayson - lying upside down, probably having fallen from her hand - was her shiny new baking pan.
Oh. And did she get clobbered with it?

Clark chose not to reply. "She was shot?" he asked, addressing his question to Henderson.
thumbsup

"If she didn't do it, she might spill the secret just to give you an alibi. I doubt her baby's 'father' serving a jail term for murder is a part of her grand plan."
wave Michael

Edit: I just remembered, I forgot to mention that Clark already knows how good he fares in lockup. He's still going to hear cries for help. That will never work out.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#87472 06/22/12 05:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I wouldn't put it past Lois to lie to Henderson and give Clark an alibi without even talking to Clark.
I don't think Lois would do that. She's very truthful to Henderson and he's straight with her. They seem to respect each other that way.

#87473 06/22/12 05:45 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
A lot has already been said, but I'll put in a couple of fresh observations:

1. Corrina has given Clark the only plausible reason (from his POV) not to turn himself in--Metropolis needs Superman and Lois is in danger from Lana. Clark needs those exact motivations to keep him from, as Martha put it, "doing what he thinks is right."

2. The witness saw Clark shoot Mayson. Does anyone else find it significant that Lana is dressed as Clark? If Lana, dressed in Clark's clothes, shot Mayson, it would be easy for someone else, say, looking through the curtains of Clark's front door or seeing the shooting from afar, to identify the shooter as Clark. Who else would you expect to see in Clark's apartment wearing Clark's clothes?

Looking forward to the next part.

smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
#87474 06/23/12 03:36 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, my goodness! I did not catch that, Happy! You are absolutely right. Lana is wearing baggy jeans, a white T, and *Clark's jacket* - how could I not have noticed that, or its significance?

OK. I'm finally ready to accept the utterly unavoidable. It looks like Lana really is the killer. But then, that begs another question. Would Clark really go off and leave Lana (albeit now unarmed) alone? Particularly after she had just threatened Lois? Where do people get those graemlins with the 2x4? I need one to put right here. Clark! What are you thinking?!?

#87475 06/23/12 08:11 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Just catching up with reading. Oh boy, you know how to torture Clark. jawdrop Can't wait for the next part. Soon, please. grovel

KateB
#87476 06/26/12 07:40 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Whoops, wrong thread.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#87477 06/26/12 08:19 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She'd been upset when she'd left his apartment. She'd arrived with hope and anticipation - excited about the tickets to the show - and had left with pain and disappointment.
He's going to blame himself.

That had been his fault. He should have told her. He'd had numerous opportunities over the past week to tell her how he felt, but he'd failed every time.
Yup, he did blame himself.

"You and Kent are particular friends?" Wolfe barked.
Uh-oh!

"That you give Kent and Lane an advantage in getting Superman exclusives."
Oooh! Would have been better to say you dropped in for a cup of coffee.

"No, of course not, Superman," Henderson said with a warning look towards Wolfe. "But we want what is best for Clark. And right now, that means finding him."
Oh dear.

"It happened here, in his apartment," Henderson said. "We have a -"
<points to Lana>

"We checked for the presence of the perpetrator," Henderson said. "The apartment was empty when we arrived, and only the Medical Examiner has come since then. Except you, of course."
Oooh, she is such a bitch!

Why had Mayson come back to his apartment?
That's what I'd like to know. Thank God it wasn't *Lois* who had decided to show up.

About two feet from Mayson - lying upside down, probably having fallen from her hand - was her shiny new baking pan.
Oh. Right. Duh!

"The tragedy that an innocent young woman lost her life?" Wolfe asked coldly. "Or the *tragedy* that someone you consider to be a friend is wanted for questioning over a murder?"
Both?

Clark had never been asked to do that before, but it seemed he had lost his status as a trusted associate and had become a possible impediment to procuring justice. That hurt ... and they didn't even know he was the primary suspect.
frown

Wolfe spoke up. "And I'm sure you're aware of the consequences of harbouring or assisting a person wanted for questioning."
This could be interesting if Clark is taken to court and Superman is called as a witness. clap

Had Lana done it? Had she slipped so far that she'd been willing to kill in order to achieve her plans for their life together?
Erm...yes?

Jonathan shot Martha a smile in the mellow arc of moonlight. "See?"
Read: "I told you so."

"Mayson was killed in my apartment. Their first question has to be if I was there. I can't say I was - I don't know what happened to Mayson - but if I say I wasn't there, they'll ask where I was, and I don't have an answer for that."
True. Even if he just says "out walking to clear my head over Lana's unexpected contol-freaking" - there's no way for him to have an alibi. Unless he admits to Henderson and Wolfe that CK=S.

"Mayson was killed in my apartment. Their first question has to be if I was there. I can't say I was - I don't know what happened to Mayson - but if I say I wasn't there, they'll ask where I was, and I don't have an answer for that."
frown

"But not in that way. I'd been trying to tell her all week." He blew out a long breath. "If only I had, perhaps she would still be -"
Oh, Clark, it's *not* your fault.

"Clark Kent doesn't have to be found," Martha reminded him. "Ever."
eek Wow, did *not* expect her to say that.

"What if she were taken by the murderer? Because she's a witness? That is possible. Mayson would have enemies. It's inevitable in her job. Perhaps someone tracked her to my apartment. Perhaps that person took Lana."
Huh. Valid point.

"And yes, I'm worried she will blow the secret."
Which is why it *might* be best if Clark had a private conversation with Wolfe and Henderson. Or at least, Henderson. I feel like he would be trustworthy enough to keep the CK=S secret.

"Because if she did, she would be handing you an alibi," Martha said. "You would be able to prove your whereabouts when Mayson was shot."
True.

"I don't think I have any choice but to trust the system," Clark said, his voice hollow and listless.
Oh no. frown

"I'll try to find out exactly what evidence they have that points to Clark being the killer. Then, I'll try to answer as truthfully as I can without revealing that Clark Kent is Superman."
No, you just have to spill to Henderson and you'll be a free man.

Clark studied the floor for a moment. "If ... if you see Lois, could you ... could you tell her ... tell her I'm sorry?"
<Thinks Lois will kick into hyper-drive to prove Clark's innocence>

What if they wanted to fingerprint him?
Yup. Exactly. He got printed during the Heat Wave.

To Clark's knowledge, Superman's fingerprints were not on the police files. But he'd worked alongside them many times. It wouldn't have been difficult to lift a print from something he'd touched and keep it as a sort of souvenir.
<points to above>

He spun around.

"Lana!"
eek

Clark lightly grasped her shoulders through his leather jacket. "Lana," he said. "You know I left my apartment."

"I know nothing."
Bitch! Also, did she just see him do the spin-change?

"Now that everything you care about is being threatened, you want to do *together*?" she said. "Too late, Kent. I offered you 'together', and you couldn't scurry away fast enough."
See? She did it. What happened overseas to make her snap?

Did she know she was discussing this with Superman? Did she think Clark Kent could kill? Did she think Superman could? Did she have any idea of the repercussions if the 'Clark Kent is Superman' bombshell exploded right alongside the 'Clark Kent killed Mayson Drake' disclosure?
The better question is - Does she care? Answer that with a resounding NO.

"Let me make it easier," Lana said in a softer, more menacing tone. "I found the picture you had hidden next to your bed. The picture of the brunette. I know her name. Lois Lane. I know she works at the Daily Planet. *She's* the one you're in love with, isn't she?"
mecry

Clark x-rayed through the leather jacket and saw a revolver loaded with three bullets tucked into the jeans near Lana's hip. With a movement that was superfast and supremely deft, he reached into the jacket and took the gun. He turned away and sprinted towards the alley.
Oh, brilliant, Clark. Now your prints are all over the murder weapon. And all Lana has to do is get a new one to go after Lois with.

Oh dear. Things are swiftly going from bad to worse.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#87478 06/29/12 07:41 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura I didn't like the glimpse we got of Lana in the the alternate dimension. She seemed the perfect choice for this story.

Mouse

And he took her gun?! Stupid, stupid Clark!
You would have preferred that he left her armed?

Ken

As I see it he has only one out. He has to go to Lois and confess to being Superman then she is his alibi because he was with her at the time the murder was done.
So then Lois knows that he didn't do it. But what about the cops? Would they really believe Lois suddenly piping up with an alibi for Clark?

Patrick

Would it have been smarter to leave the gun with the crazy woman?

Vicki

I'm glad you found the case against Lana to be compelling. Guess we'll see. smile

And Clark's reaction - it's possible I missed the deeper reasons for his behaviour, but I never liked that he withdrew from his budding relationship with Lois.

Sydney

I don't like Lana much, either.

Lynn

Two good thoughts. The second one is close to the crux of this story - that trying to be two people is going to catch up with you eventually.

Morgana

What is Det. Wolfe's problem?
He's a homicide detective. I imagine that means he is lied to on a daily basis. He also regularly deals with tragedy, violence, and evil. He's cynical and suspicious - two characteristics that are vital in his line of work.

Meradaddy Thanks for the comment. Interesting thoughts - this story isn't really about revenge.

Michael

He could say that he has no recollection of what Clark has done during that time window. Oh, wait, you’re looking for *helpful* stuff?
Clark with amnesia! clap Perfect. Oh, wait. I did that in TMTY.

He should have wrapped Lana and delivered her to the precinct, gift wrapped.
If he'd done it as Clark, he would be held, too. If he'd done it as Superman, there was a chance Lana would twig CK=S, or if she already knew, she might make a big announcement. No, not that she's pregnant - the other one.

Iolanthe

I think you're right. Lois's ethics are sometimes a bit different to Clark's, but I don't think she'd lie to Henderson.

Happy

1. Glad the motivation seemed realistic to you. In reality, I needed Clark out of the way for a while.

2. Very good points. laugh

Vicki

Clark! What are you thinking?!?
That people are in danger of dying under a collapsed tunnel. That they need Superman, now.

Kate It's strange how you can love a character so much and still get so much enjoyment out of torturing him!

DC

True. Even if he just says "out walking to clear my head over Lana's unexpected contol-freaking" - there's no way for him to have an alibi. Unless he admits to Henderson and Wolfe that CK=S.
This fic grew out of thinking about the fact that whenever Clark is being Superman, 'Clark' isn't anywhere. He isn't doing anything. He isn't with anyone. I figured that, eventually, that had to get him into trouble.

And all Lana has to do is get a new one to go after Lois with.
If I were visiting a city and it was very late at night, I wouldn't know where to get a gun. Perhaps that's just me.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I've been really busy lately, but I'm trying to get time to work on this fic.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard