Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Yay!!

The picnic was a great idea!!

Would he tell her? smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, I am loving this so far, Missy. As you know, I read all six parts today, so some of my comments might not pertain to this particular part. The whole story is great. I'm just sorry I read through the first six parts so fast because now I have to wait for another part. smile1 Or both? huh

Anyway, great story. I can't wait for part seven. Hurry, please!

Jana

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, he's beginning to be less of a lunkhead, though I'm surprised that Clark would set up a romantic picnic as Kal - isn't he supposed to be trying to woo her as Clark? Surely he doesn't want her to fall for Kal? goofy

But I loved this:
"No hard feelings," he agreed, but decided to press on. "But I was wondering, maybe it's time you knew the truth about me. Like what I do for a living, my real name, where I grew up. It's been almost a year since we met. I'd like to think that we're past the skittish stage."
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then he put it off for four days! goofy He's right under your nose!

More soon!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
4 days I can't...I mean Lois can't wait for 4 days! Why doesn't he just use this picnic to tell her<g> Looking forward to more. SOON. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
party

YES!! Eeee, I wonder how long four days is in terms of fanfic length! How long must thou make us wait?! laugh

Looking forward to more!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
I loved this, and I agree that the picnic would have been a wonderful place to tell her, but you have something much more evil up your sleeve, don't you, Missy?

Clark could have told her now in a calm and controlled environment, and perhaps even explained everything to her - or at least some of it - before she went totally ballistic.

But I fear that despite his plan to drop little hints that she can figure it out for herself (and then not be so angry confused - are we talking about Lois Lane here?), she's going to find it out in some kind of "wham" that will send her into a tailspin and poor Clark into paroxysms of guilt. Oh, the sheer angst of it all... dizzy

Bring it on, Missy, whatever you have. I'm braced and ready, and loving every minute of it. laugh

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Merriwether
Merriwether
This is great! Poor Lois. How upset is she going to be?

To be on the safe side, maybe he should be sure there are people in view when he tells her? Might keep her from blowing up at him.

Then again, it might not . . . wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! Finally Clark's going to tell her. It's about time, lunkhead!

"Unless it's the Health Department or Superman, they're gonna have to wait until I finish balancing the books."
ROTFL!

No, it had to have something to do with getting their friendship back on the right track. After their kiss and his bolting out of her apartment, she was sure he was feeling uneasy. Besides, he was in love with that other woman. Friends shared wine and had lovely midnight picnics in the park, didn't they?
I'm trying to figure Clark out. Is his test for Lois to see if he can get her to fall for him as Kal, too? And if he does, is that a good thing in his mind? I'm wondering if he deliberately chose this type of setting, a setting he would normally have taken her as Clark?

Four days, huh? A lot can happen in four days. Knowing you, Missy, something's going to spill the beans just before he can actually do the confessing.

Can't wait for the next part. Every three days, is it? Hurry with the next one! thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks Jose, Jana, Wendy, Maria, Laura, Jen, Kathy, Rivka and Roger!!

Glad you all liked the picnic! Wendy, Kal was feeling a bit guilty for running out on Lois - he was trying to make it up to her. During all this, he realizes that it's time to tell her the truth - the anniversary of their meeting just gives him more time - and rope!

Hang on, more is on the way!

Missy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard