Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#87284 06/18/12 09:07 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
How wonderful to be receiving your FDK again - it's always very entertaining.
Thanks! And you're welcome smile

You mentioned so many 'oh boys', we might have to ration you for the rest of the story.
Oh dear. And I only picked up the habit after reading Nan's Supercop. Plus, I only used a dozen or so. Are you saying I'm only allotted ave a gross for the entire story? Shouldn't there be extenuating circumstances with your story?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#87285 06/21/12 11:13 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh, new Female Hawk fic! (Yes, I know I'm a little late to the party.)

Another Lois-less day.
So, she took a leave of absence to get over the whole near-wedding thing. Okay...I would be attempted to think that she threw herself into her work instead, since that's always been her coping mechanism. But I guess, after Clark's confession of love, and subsequent denial...yeah.

She’d been gone for less than a week, but it felt as if all his enthusiasm for living had gone with her.
Please ignore my previous comments. laugh

Like apple pie - with no apple.

A skiing vacation - with no snow.

A song - with no melody.
I just really like this trio of sentences here.

That would be the truth, but Clark recoiled at the thought of actually admitting it to her.
Oh Clark, you're too cute for your own good.

He wasn't sure it fitted with the 'I just want to be friends' lie he had told her after the Luthor debacle.
But...friends can miss each other and just call to say "Hi, how are you."

When he'd inquired about her sudden need to take leave, her only response had been a few muttered words, telling him not to worry.
*raises hand* Um, I'm worried now.

Nine hours. Clark couldn't wait. He would tell her about the stories of the past week, and he would bring her coffee; he would watch her, and laugh with her and ... he would feel as if the colour had returned to a life that had faded to insipid grey.
Awwww.

And then, adding further confusion, there was Mayson.
<throws up a little>

She was a nice woman – but a nice woman with one critical flaw. She wasn’t Lois.
Love this!

When she had left, she had kissed him on the mouth, and it hadn't been entirely unpleasant.
Blech!!! (Can you tell that I HATE Mayson?)

Her disappointment had been palpable as she had snatched up her bag and left rather abruptly.
She never did take rejection well...

She'd said she wanted to buy him breakfast to thank him the wonderful meal the previous evening.
See? The woman is denser than Clark's molecules!

Who would have thought being a 'friend' could cause such anguish?
*sigh* We've all been there too, haven't we? Sucks.

That sounded so harsh. There had to be better words. Kinder words. But Clark couldn't find them
Um, no Clark. Grow a backbone. Just say no.

Mrs McCreadie smiled and patted his arm. "Perhaps you'll get a nice little surprise then."
Oh NO! Mayson broke into his apartment?!?!

He doubted he ever would be.
So true.

"Lana?" Clark gasped. "What are you doing here?"
<vomits explosively>

Lana swept him into an embrace that seemed overdone for someone he hadn’t seen in almost two years.
Hmmm....what's she up to? Nothing good is my guess.

Actually, Clark hadn't missed her at all - because Lois had been there - but now didn't seem the appropriate moment to disclose that information.
rotflol

She hadn't just come into his apartment, but had gone through his closet, as well.
eek Good thing he's got a secret closet!

"As you never bothered to send me even a Christmas card, I had to ask your parents for your address."
Bad Jonathan! Bad Martha!

"I've come all this way to see you, and it's too much trouble to take me out for a meal?"
Please, Clark, grow a backbone....

"Whatever your 'not exactly' plans are, you can call and cancel."
<tries to resist urge to punch Lana>

"It's a flower," he said.
rotflol

"And we haven't seen each other since I came to Metropolis."
And you're overbearing. And a witch. And annoying. And not Lois. And...

"That's OK, Clark. I'm sure she'll understand."
jawdrop

When he turned, Mayson and Lana were facing each other like two alley cats in dispute over a piece of meat.
Erm....yep.

"I do not," Clark proclaimed indignantly.
Sorry, Clark. Gotta agree with Lana there.

Or was this an act, solely for Mayson's benefit?
Yes?

She couldn't know his secret. Could she?
<bites nails>

"I'm pregnant, Clark," Lana said. "With your baby."
jawdrop

<throws up violently>

Okay, I *know* it can't be his but EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Damn, gotta go out. Will have to get to the other chapters later.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#87286 06/22/12 02:00 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lynn One of the wonderful things about FDK is readers raising points I hadn't thought of - I tend to have very narrow vision about my plots.

If Lana does know CK=S, he is the *perfect* target for her scheme.

Michael

Oh dear. And I only picked up the habit after reading Nan's Supercop. Plus, I only used a dozen or so. Are you saying I'm only allotted ave a gross for the entire story? Shouldn't there be extenuating circumstances with your story?
I was thinking about how there's a graemlin-per-post limit and how if there was an 'oh boy' limit, you had given it a shake. You give such wonderful FDK, I'm sure all writers would vote to allow you to use as many 'oh boys' and 'oh dears' as you feel is necessary. laugh

DC You're not late to the party, Vicki, it's only just begun smile

I hope this isn't too much of a spoiler, but Mayson's part in this is ... quite passive.

Thanks for the comments.

Corrina.

#87287 06/22/12 05:06 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
DC You're not late to the party, Vicki, it's only just begun

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this isn't too much of a spoiler, but Mayson's part in this is ... quite passive.
Hmm...sounds interesting. Although, I'd take Mayson over "Please, call me Daniel" Scardino any day of the week! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard