OP Offline
Columnist
L
Any feedback?

#87219 06/08/12 12:23 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Nah...
Inside the house, the burglar looked for anything valuable.
Come on, we all know she's a cat-burglar, so call her by her proper name. wink

Superman rolled his eyes and folded his arms across his chest impatiently. “Really? That window over there is busted, you’re carrying a bag full of –“ Superman stopped speaking to x-ray the bag for a second “—jewelry and money, and you’re wearing a disguise. That doesn’t look like robbery at all, does it?”
Duh! Superman really isn't the world's greatest detective, is he? (I'd even go so far as to call him galactically stupid just this once.)

“I’m wearing a disguise because I’m Batman!” he growled. “Catwoman’s the one who just robbed the place.”

“Nice try, buddy, but Batman’s from Gotham,” Superman said as he grabbed Batman by the arm.
Okay, let's make it offical. Intergalactically stupid.

Swiftly, Batman reached into his utility belt and pulled out a tiny lead capsule. He then opened the capsule to reveal a glowing green substance. Despite the fact that it was small in size, it still managed to cause a sharp pain to drive through Superman’s body, and he let go of Batman’s arm as he winced in pain.
Rule number one on dealing with Batman: Expect him to always come prepared. wink

Based on what he’d read, Clark learned that Batman didn’t have any powers like Superman. He was just an ordinary guy. That meant he had to use a lot of high-tech gadgets in order to safely fight crime. Some newspapers even speculated that he wore some sort of bulletproof armor over his chest to avoid getting shot to death.
Hey, Sherlock Kent, lots of *expensive* hight-tech gadgets means he must have lots of money, no?

“Kryptonite!” Lois shouted, causing a few heads to turn.
Louder, Lois, they didn't hear you in Gotham! wink

“We set up a meeting with her.” Clark pointed at the picture on the cover of the Gotham Gazette.

“Catwoman?”
Duh! Don't you ever look who's responsible for what's in a newspaper, Lois? :p

“Because she takes a lot of pictures of Batman. I get the feeling she might know something about him.”

“So what?” Lois replied. “We write a lot of stories about Superman. Doesn’t mean we know any more about him than what we write.”
Oh, we're at that stage, are we? thumbsup

“She claimed I was a bully and sometimes mean to my coworkers or something like that,” Lois replied. “Can you believe it?”
Nope. Not for one minute. :p

“Then, one day, she decided to get even with me,” Lois added. “She put hot sauce in my coffee.”
Get even with her for what? Just wondering here.

“And what did you do back to her?” Clark asked, suddenly very interested in this story.

“Let’s just say that Vicki quit her job at the Daily Planet within a week,” Lois replied, a smile forming on her face
Uh-huh. Very interesting indeed.

Intriguing start. I'm so not going to miss the rest of this story. smile

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#87220 06/08/12 01:34 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Of course he's prepared... He's Batman!

Great start, looking forward to more.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#87221 06/08/12 04:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting start.

Catwoman, Batman, Vickie Vale, Lois and Clark a lilely ensamble if I ever saw one.

Let the games begin. party

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#87222 06/10/12 12:31 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This has a great deal of potential, but I have to ask, why is it Lois cannot get along with other women?

It seems to me that Vicki Vale would be the perfect friend for her. Especially since she's a photographer not a reporter.

Let see what happens next.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#87223 06/10/12 07:09 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Curiouser and curiouser... Very clever start! Batman as the bad guy, eh? I think Clark will be surprised... and frankly, it might be risky to their careers as reporters and Batman's as a superhero for them to take this on. Because Batman *is* a good guy, and they might risk either his safety or identity by investigating him... Ooh! Will Clark find out his secret identity?

This may prove to be quite fun! Can't wait for more! dance

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#87224 06/12/12 03:20 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Why is Batman following Catwoman to Coast City? Aren't there any robbers / cat burglars back in Gotham for him to nab? Actually, I'm a bit rusty, does Batman deal with such petty crime?

Batman was stupid not to leave the bag in the house when he left the building. Superman was right in suspecting him of criminal activity, but galatically stupid himself in thinking that Batman never left Gotham City. That would be like saying that Superman never left Metropolis. I am surprised that Catwoman could knock Batman off balance so easily to escape though.

Vicki Vale vs. Lois Lane? That holds lots of potential. Yes, why can't Lois get along with other women? Or is just strong women who won't take her... attitude? Finding "Catwoman"? Come on, Lois, don't you think if anyone in Gotham City could find her, it would have been Batman, not Clark Kent?

Doesn't the Flash date a reporter too? That could lead for some interesting JL parties.

Why are they flying to Gotham? Wouldn't the train be faster? Where is your Metropolis vs. Gotham? I thought they both were in the surrounding area of New York?

Do you have an idea on your posting schedule yet? hyper

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#87225 06/13/12 01:32 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Forget all you know about Batman, Catwoman, or Superman. This is about to turn it all upside down and make it into a completely different bow. And while you are at it, pack a bag because we are about to enter the den of the enemy after we get to Gotham. Enemies and friends are going to get blurred before we learn just who is really who in this.

Good start.
Pat

#87226 06/13/12 08:48 AM
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for the feedback. smile I'm glad everyone liked the first chapter.

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Why are they flying to Gotham? Wouldn't the train be faster? Where is your Metropolis vs. Gotham? I thought they both were in the surrounding area of New York?
Good question. I'm picturing both on the east coast, but not too close to each other.

Do you have an idea on your posting schedule yet? hyper
If all goes as suspected, a new chapter will be posted today.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard