Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#87201 06/20/12 08:44 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Should I change the line to "almost everything"? Or is Martha allowed a little leeway?
hyper That's four now, isn't it?

Although, it might be fun to come up with spoilers written as if by Star.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#87202 06/20/12 09:33 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LNN's new Batman show
Yes, I had forgotten about him, but at the moment he's tied up in contract disputes with the Riddler's Gotham City's affiliate the "24 Hour Game Show Network". Plus, Batman hasn't really ticked off Luthor so he's no more than a nuisance than a smashed bug on the windshield of Lex's life.

But so blurry that he needs directions? Jimmy probably should stop with the coffee.
Hey, it's canon. Blame the script writers!

Umm...no? /points Lois towards training course that will soon start over yonder/
Oh, dear. She has to repeat the course. What's that going to do to her GPA?

That's four now, isn't it?
As far as I can recall off the top of my head. I would be surprised if there were more floating around out there.

Hmm... you mena like when we get a new peek at the next Song of Ice and Fire only to realize that it will still likely take several years /cough/ a decade /cough/ until the next one hits the stores?
No, that would be the sequel to ML. laugh

See. He's already got a viable edition, now. Umm... He might want to magic marker that last bit, though. In case... erm, for *when* Lois finds the book.
Make it permanent? Or do you mean, write it in invisible ink?

"Superman crossed street at walk sign. Looked left and then right. Has he been exposed to Krytponite?"
Perry nods. "Okay, Kent. Just one question though. What's Kryptonite?"

Clark hits self in forehead. Oh, right, nobody knows about that stuff here. Great going, numbskull. "I don't know, Chief. New rage drink at the clubs?" laugh

Perry tosses story back to him. "What do you think this is the National Whisper? Next time Superman crosses the street, he better have a reason."

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#87203 06/20/12 10:28 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, it's canon. Blame the script writers!
laugh

Oh, dear. She has to repeat the course. What's that going to do to her GPA?
Depends how she pleases the instructor?

Make it permanent? Or do you mean, write it in invisible ink?
Umm...use the marker to censor the last sentence.

Perry tosses story back to him. "What do you think this is the National Whisper? Next time Superman crosses the street, he better have a reason."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

#87204 06/21/12 06:30 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, trust him, he got the ‘itch’, all right. Clark cleared his throat and straightened his tie. At this very moment, it felt like a full-blown rash.

Michael: Maybe he needs to ask Lois to…scratch it?

ME: I'm sure she'd comply. With her knee!

Michael: Umm...no? /points Lois towards training course that will soon start over yonder/

Me: Oh, dear. She has to repeat the course. What's that going to do to her GPA?

Michael: Depends how she pleases the instructor?
What kind of course are we talking about here? An itch scratching course? Wouldn't that be taught by <<cough>> Cat Grant? And I'm guessing Lois will NEVER please that instructor.

The beginning of a joke: Superman sees a (sic) Lois across the street...
rotflol

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#87205 06/21/12 07:44 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wouldn't that be taught by <<cough>> Cat Grant? And I'm guessing Lois will NEVER please that instructor.
wave Michael

#87206 07/07/13 07:19 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“A possible visitor from another planet arrives on Earth, and all you can think of is hauling him off to your lair?” Lois scoffed with revulsion. “To try him out?”

Clark was sorely tempted to argue with Lois’ reasoning, being that she too had invited Superman to her apartment to have an up-close and personal interview while she showered and changed her clothes. He got as far as raising his finger before biting his tongue. Right, Clark wouldn’t know about that unless Superman was a blabbermouth, which would be a bad trait for the Man of Steel to possess.
Well, it is good to see Clark using restraint. I also wonder if he is misinterpreting Lois's intentions with Superman.

Clark:Nope, I know full well what she wanted to do with him.

John Pack Lambert
#87207 07/07/13 07:23 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by KenJ:
El Cid is a story about a Spanish General/conqueror from the 1600a or earlier I believe. Lots of horses and swords. When he was killed in battle his troops tied him to his horse with a framework to keep him upright and he led the final charge that way.
El Cid was Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar (1043-1099), is the national hero of Spain, a leading figure in driving the Moorish domains further south (I avoid saying "driving out the Moors", since Moors remained behind in areas that went to Spain, and Morrish domains remained in Spain until 1492). Although actually at times he fought for the Moors as well.

The 17th-century French drama "Le Cid" is based on the story of El Cid, which is why the quote above has a variant of Rodrigo as his name. The "El Cid" film mentioned above is probably the 1961 version staring Charleston Heston and Sophia Loren. Loren's character is Jimena, which is the same name as Chimene, mentioned above. Of course since El Cid's actual wife was Ximena/Jimena, who succeeded him as ruler of Valencia, it is probably not surprising that she consistently appears in various dramatizations of his life. Although the Wikipedia article on her is under Jimena Diaz, possibly suggesting that not much is known of her early life (although maybe her last name was Diaz before she married El Cid, that is not at all clear from the article). Actually I went and looked at the Spanish Wikipedia articles, and figured out that her father was Diego Fernandez, so there is a lot more known about her, even if it has not been fully translated. On further reading, I figured out her brother went by Fernando Diaz, so Diaz seems to be the patronymic for Diego, and I have become convinced 11th-century Spanish naming practices are way too complex.

The movie holds closer to the original Spanish names, and from what I have read explains the falling out of El Cid and Jimena differently.

Her line about "I do not hate you", is more complex though, since in the play at one point she calls for Rodrigue's execution.

John Pack Lambert
#87208 07/14/13 10:00 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Well, it is good to see Clark using restraint. I also wonder if he is misinterpreting Lois's intentions with Superman.
CLARK: See, I can control my animal urges.
<<Clark, Later>> wallbash

LOIS: I just wanted to interview him.
CAT: Honey, nobody believes *that* whopper.
LOIS: But it's true.
CLARK: Uh-huh.

Her line about "I do not hate you", is more complex though, since in the play at one point she calls for Rodrigue's execution.
Right. Because Lois would NEVER condone killing Clark. wink

VirginiaR.
---
#87209 07/15/13 05:53 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by John Lambert:
[b] Well, it is good to see Clark using restraint. I also wonder if he is misinterpreting Lois's intentions with Superman.
CLARK: See, I can control my animal urges.
<<Clark, Later>> wallbash

LOIS: I just wanted to interview him.
CAT: Honey, nobody believes *that* whopper.
LOIS: But it's true.
CLARK: Uh-huh.

Right. Because Lois would NEVER condone killing Clark. wink [/b]
Actually, I was just pointing out that Chemise (or whatever exactly her name was) had a more complex relationship with Rodrigue than just loving him, I was not trying to decide if her relationship was more complex than that of Wrong Clark and Lois.

John Pack Lambert
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard