Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Her sister swallowed and then spoke hesitantly, “You saw Clark naked?”
laugh

“Fine,” Lois said with another roll of her eyes. “He’s cute.”

The smile returned to Lucy’s mouth. “But you ‘hate him’?”

“Yes!”

Finally, Lucy understood. Lois wanted to hug her sister.
Umm…Lois?

“Why?”

Damn! Lucy didn’t understand.
/raises hand/ Lucy, it’s because if she hates him, she only needs a little tiny push and she’ll love him. Lex, on the other hand, she’s indifferent too. Which is the opposite of love.

the one I’ve been trying to get for months now, all I could hear was Clark’s innuendo that Lex Luthor hadn’t wanted an interview, but only wanted to sleep with me!
Umm…Lois? That was just your subconscious using Clark’s voice to get your attention.

Every word Lex uttered came out as a double entendre. It was a dismal failure of an interview.”
It was a date. And it was filled with double entendre.

“Yes,” she said dejectedly, pressing her lips together in disgust. “It wasn’t supposed to be.”
laugh Poor Lois. She sure has a unique definition of good and bad, huh?

Lucy began to read from her sister’s notebook. “Let’s see. His goal in life is ‘the pursuit of pleasure’?” She looked over at Lois skeptically.
Makes for a good quote.

“‘Power is a means, not an end’?” Her sister groaned. “‘My talent in life is not making money or juggling companies, it's character assessment. I sense things about you, possibilities, potentials. You have the intelligence, spirit, and vision to transcend the mundane.’ Wow! He said that about you?”
Well, she might skip the last one, but with the rest, Lex should come off as a playboy with too much leisure money at his fingertips and possibly a slight sociopathic tendency.

“He so wanted to sleep with you,” Lucy said with laughter, tossing Lois’ notebook back to her.
Duh!

“Rich men have an expectation to get whatever they want from women, just like on ‘Ivory Tower’.”
What does Lucy mean by ‘whatever’? Why would men like Lex be interested in anything but sex?

“Lucy, this is real life not that stupid soap opera of yours.
clap

“That’s… That’s… That’s preposterous!” Lois sputtered. Hell would freeze over before she admitted to anyone that Clark Kent was right over her.
[Linked Image]

Her sister grinned. “Either that or you really like Clark Kent.”

Lois came after her with her hands extended. “Take that back!”
clap They are *adorable*!

“I do not like Clark Kent!” Lois roared, pointing her finger at her sister. “He’s opinionated and stubborn and a know-it-all and obstinate. He’s good looking, and we both know that good looking men are nothing but trouble because they’re full of themselves, and he’s too polite, he’s too considerate, and too confident. It’s too suspicious.” She growled. And he was right! “I hate him!”
Awwww That’s just like Clark and Martha in the Pilot. Well, reverse cowgirl style.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#87032 06/11/12 11:07 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Lois and Clark sitting in a tree…” Lucy sang, dancing into her room. “K-I-S-S-I-N-G!”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

#87033 06/11/12 08:52 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1

Dunno why I keep circling back to his possibly kidnapping her onto an island paradise.
Really trying not to invoke the Stockholm Syndrome into their relationship. If he had wanted that he would gone off and rescued alt-Lois.

How about a love letter. Also, he could plaster the walls of his bedroom with articles and photographs of her.
Right, because neither of those things would say "psycho stalker killer" to Lois.

Poor guy really could have used that Lois 101 guidebook with the fold-out diagram in the back, huh?
A bit. wink

Hope? Because it meant she hadn’t spent the night?
All of the above.

Well, it doesn’t count *why* he memorized it, does it?
Nah, he had it memorized before then; those memories are just the freshest.

Love = C-cups and second base?
goofy

OoooH! That’s new, isn’t it? Clark knowing what he’s doing more than Lois does.
Well, he did work closely with his Perry for 3 years.

So, a weak dictator?
rotflol I didn't say her thought process was logical.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#87034 06/11/12 08:55 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh, he’ll make The Farm known for being haunted. Or enchanted. And all the fair maidens of all the lands traveled there to try and catch the handsome prince who hid on the farm. And how *will* you play GGGoH? And Trask? This should be fun. Well, duh! This Tempus will be in for a nice surprise, too
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Someone tipped the water tower: Where’s Kent?
How'd you guess?

Like farm work and drugs when they used some of the product they grew instead of selling it.
Clark didn't hang out with those guys. Plus, they liked green crystals and so hanging out with them, and the smell of their smoke, made him sick.

Poor Rachel.
Yes, quite. It's hard being a best friend.

Awww… Poor Clark. /recommends Clark take yoga and zen and kung-fu classes to learn exactly how hard to hit the scumbags to break their nose or crush their teeth but not cause true, permanent, crippling harm/
Probably help with his relationship with Lois too.

Well, this is his chance to exchange it for a gray spandex suit with a yellow and black emblem on his chest. And a cowl.
A) there's already a Batman-type guy in this dimension named "Batman". And B) Do you really want THIS man in charge with coming up with his own costume?

So, how did this play out in canon with the Messenger double?
That's what I assumed. That the fake Messenger had the heating coils still in place, while the real Messenger with the bashed in side, did not.

I know. Still canon. Still…
I couldn't resist.

Lois and Cat might be wearing black. Well, Cat might be wearing a black leather belt. And little else.
clap Lois might go cry on Luthor's shoulder. That wouldn't be a good thing.

You’re having way too much fun with that
It was an odd scene and I just had to make fun of it.

So, no hanky panky in the closet?
According to Sue, that could get them in trouble.

“Of course, Sir. I’ll be paying for dinner and be using protection. And if things should go south ways, I’ll be paying for the procedure.” Isn’t that the out-of-trouble/sex-crowd’s way back in Smallville?
No, back in Smallville, if you milk the cow, you've agreed to buy it.

Huh, don’t they say that before executing someone in an honorable fashion? Like sword down into the torso via the clavicle?
[Linked Image]

He probably should have abstained from the green crystal meth back in Smallville.
It would have made Lois creating him into Superman awkward, since he no longer had any powers left from all that GCM. Wouldn't that have put egg on Tempus' face? clap "But... But... But... He's supposed to be an alien! It's not my fault!"

Great fun!
I agree. Let's FDK again soon. sloppy

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#87035 06/12/12 08:58 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A Three-Parter! Oh, Michael, you made my evening.
You're welcome. I tried to post early after the first chapter but the boards wouldn't let me, so... as they say, the rest is a threeway, erm three-parter.

That scene with Lois and Lucy is one of my favorites... and, yes, lots of fun to write.
help /points to part 5/

It would have made Lois creating him into Superman awkward, since he no longer had any powers left from all that GCM. Wouldn't that have put egg on Tempus' face? [Clap] "But... But... But... He's supposed to be an alien! It's not my fault!"
wave Michael

#87036 06/12/12 02:37 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You're welcome. I tried to post early after the first chapter but the boards wouldn't let me, so... as they say, the rest is a threeway, erm three-parter.
help Will answer this on 5...

VirginiaR.
---
#87037 06/13/12 10:08 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You've been reading ahead in Sue's story again, haven't you? Your immagination and muse won't be happy at you for ruining their innocence.
Actually, no. But the weather forecast says that maybe, soon.

Maybe you can dust it off during your vacation this year. We haven't had D. Michael story in a long time.
This one? No. It's too long to tackle over a single vacation and I have some shorter one's that require attention. Plus one or two that kind of left reader's dangling over jaws of death...

I meant the former, which yes, that's what it is.
/rereads own FDK again/ Duh!

Don't worry, we still think we're the smartest and best country out there.
wave Michael

#87038 06/15/12 07:54 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This one? No. It's too long to tackle over a single vacation and I have some shorter one's that require attention. Plus one or two that kind of left reader's dangling over jaws of death...
There's also the summer ficathon... laugh

VirginiaR.
---
#87039 06/15/12 08:09 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/points at SF thread/

wave Michael

#87040 04/05/13 01:48 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I know that this is an old thread, but I *just* finished "Another Lois" (See? Not Wrong Lois!) for my Kerth readings and jumped into this one.

My cheer for this part? I LOVE LUCY! Love love love thumbsup

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#87041 04/05/13 09:43 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kismatt: Welcome to my little epic. laugh

I know that this is an old thread, but I *just* finished "Another Lois" (See? Not Wrong Lois!) for my Kerth readings and jumped into this one.
Oh, I don't think we can count it as an old thread if I'm still posting parts (or will again after this week off). I'm glad you enjoyed "Another Lois". smile1

My cheer for this part? I LOVE LUCY! Love love love <<dance, dance, dance>> You rattle some sense into your sister's head!
wave

VirginiaR.
---
#87042 07/07/13 05:01 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
This part used to include the scene with Jimmy and Lois investigating over at EPRAD, but then this morning while prepping it for posting, I noticed the scene hadn't added anything new or different from canon. So, I shifted a few things around and brought up this final scene (from the beginning of Part 5) to replace it.

If you think I should add the scene back in, please let me know.

My RL will be really busy next weekend, so instead of posting parts on 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th (or late the night before those dates), I'm going to post on the 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th instead. I'll return to posting every other day again on the 11th. My apologies in advance if this posting glitch causes any confusion with my readers. Feel free to read the parts every other day (as they would normally post) if that makes that space between the 7th and the 11th of June seem shorter. wink

Please, leave your comments here.
Wait, you were posting parts every other day. No wonder your buffer vanished away.

On another note, with the promised additional scene for the archive version, I will have to re-read this story when it is posted to the archives.

John Pack Lambert
#87043 07/07/13 05:10 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Vicki:
[b] I'm looking at the clock and realizing I don't have time to post an individual fdk for each part of "Wrong Clark." Maybe later I can go back and give more detail, but for now, let me just say I'm enjoying this story.
Oh, shucky darn you got so sucked in you didn't have time to comment. wink I'm okay with that kind of FDK. hyper
It's hard not to root for the sweet, loveable underdog that is alt-Clark. Of course, in an ideal world we would end up with our true soulmates, but alt-Clark isn't a bad substitute for canon Clark (so far). wink

Back again. I'm confused about something. Ok, I'm confused about a lot of things. But I'm expecting most of my confusion to clear up as I keep reading. There is one question I'm hoping you can answer now, though.
Yes, my thought process makes more sense the more you become absorbed into the collective... <<cough, cough>> I meant with more exposure to the story, of course. blush

Are all of these Lois's different Lois's or are they the same one? I get that New (Alt-)Clark and dead (Alt-)Lois are from a different universe. But in this universe, is there one Lois going through different loops of time or are there two Lois's (canon - who we can now consider Alt2-Lois - and this one) or are there multiple Lois's? If the universe splits into different universes, with different Lois's, then why does "Another" Lois w/out Clark "remember" Canon-Lois's time with Clark?
Shall I just re-post my explanation I gave at the Another Lois Epilogue FDK? <<ducking from a barrage of tomatoes>> Guess not.

For now, I'll explain it this way: There is canon Lois. There is alt-canon-Lois (which is this "Another" Lois - same person, only earlier in her life). And there is Alt-Lois who alt-Clark left dead (in the past) back in his alt-dimension.

This alt-canon-Lois (the LOIS in this story) is supposed to be identical to canon Lois at the beginning of this story. The only difference is that this Lois (as opposed to canon Lois) has lived this life before (as canon Lois, before her dimension got brought into being due to the events in Part 1 of Another Lois, and as canon Lois had Clark never come to Metropolis.)

I hope this helps (and isn't a case of the more she explains it the more confused I get). [Linked Image]

What Lois knows, remembers, feels from her "past" will become more clear in Part 5. [/b]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So, all of Lois's life to the point that Clark shows up in Metropolis is exactly the same as in canon, because there has been no ripple effect from Clark not being in the world that has effected her yet?

John Pack Lambert
#87044 07/14/13 08:49 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Wait, you were posting parts every other day. No wonder your buffer vanished away.

On another note, with the promised additional scene for the archive version, I will have to re-read this story when it is posted to the archives.
You keep this up, John, and you'll have read my story more times than me before I get it to the Archives. help

So, all of Lois's life to the point that Clark shows up in Metropolis is exactly the same as in canon, because there has been no ripple effect from Clark not being in the world that has effected her yet?
Clark's major influences in this dimension which would affect Lois, don't happen until after he arrives in Metropolis. So, yes.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard