Clark and Lois The Lost Years Matchmaker Chronicles Vol 3 22/46

By Ken Janney

This version is rated PG-13

* denotes emphasis *
< denotes thoughts >
[ playback of a recording or TV Commentary]
/ telepathic communications /
(#) footnotes

As always comments are welcome. (ken.janney@kjanney.com)

Reminder:
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 - Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Canon Alt Clark universe also called – Alt 1

Previously –

Clark commissioned the jeweler to cut, polish and mount the resulting gems. “I would like at least a ring, ear rings, necklace, anklet, bracelet and tiara. You can add any other pieces as you see fit and if you have the stones to do it.”

The jeweler said “Ziss set weel be a masterpiece, my Sistine Chapel … my Mona Lisa as it were. Eet weel bee zee crowning jewel of my work. Zee opportunity to work weeth zuch a gem as ziss, eet ees inspirational!”

(tr: “This set will be a masterpiece, my Sistine Chapel … my Mona Lisa as it were. It will be the crowning jewel of my work. The opportunity to work with such a gem as this, it is inspirational!”)

Clark had given it some thought and had made a sketch. He gave the sketch to the jeweler and as he looked it over he explained what he had in mind. Clark asked “There is going to be a special event in about ten days. Would it be possible to have at least some of the pieces ready within that time?”

The jeweler brought out a selection of settings for Clark to choose from. He allowed Clark to pick out the settings for the gems and then said “Rest assur-ed zat we will be able to meet your deadline. We should be able to complete zee entire zet by zen. I weel ‘ave one of my apprentices start on zee gold work, preparing zee settings. I person-all-y weel cut and polish zee stones. Ziss set weel be my masterpiece! I am sure zat you weel be very well pleas-ed wiss zee result. May I ‘ave your permission to at least tak pictures of zee completed zet?”

(tr: “Rest assured that we will be able to meet your deadline. We should be able to complete the entire set by then. I will have one of my apprentices start on the gold work, preparing the settings. I personally will cut and polish the stones. This set will be my masterpiece! I am sure that you will be very well pleased with the result. May I have your permission to at least take pictures of the completed set?”)

Clark replied “Of course you may. I am sure you would want a memento. Thank you for everything you are doing for me.”

“No, I t’ank you for zee opportu-nity to work wiss zuch a special gem. Eet ees my pleasure”

(tr: I thank you for the opportunity to work with such a special gem. It is my pleasure.”)

Clark shook hands with him and left.

And now –

Chapter 22 – Double Star of the Congo
June 3, 1992

Ten days and ten flower arrangements later Lois seemed to be well on the way to healing. Clark had been spending virtually all of her waking hours with her. They had spent the majority of the time discussing the future that they would have together. Where they were going to live and how they would work together predominating. Lois was anxious to get out of the hospital so that they could complete the investigation. Clark was placed in a quandary because of this. <That story was never filed. In the other universe this story resulted in Lois’ first Kerth award.> What should he do? <I need to check some things out. If this is a change of history, what other changes have been made? I need to get into the office and use the computer. How can I do that? I want to be here with Lois. I guess it can wait.>

In the evening, during visiting hours Madam D’Arnet and the children came in to see how Linda was doing. It was a very pleasant visit. As they were preparing to depart she turned to Linda and said “Linda, when zay release you from zee ‘ospital, you must come and stay wiss us in zee Mayor's residence.”

(tr: “Linda, when they release you from the hospital, you must come and stay withn us in the Mayor’s residence.”)

Clark talked that over with Lois before he replied. “We thank you very much for your offer Madam D'Arnet, but we have a suite in Bonne Nuit de Sommeil and we’ll be very comfortable.”

Clark had another short discussion with Lois and then turned to Madam D’Arnet and asked “Would it be possible for us to meet with m. D'Arnet. We do have a favor to ask of him.”

She replied “I weel ask heem to stop by for zee morning visiting hours tomorrow. Is zere a message I should give heem?”

(tr: “I will ask him to stop by for the morning visiting hours tomorrow. Is there a message I should give him?”)

Clark replied “Just say that it is a confidential matter. That it has to do with two people in love.”

With this Madam D’Arnet looked back and forth between Clark and Lois. She saw how he was standing very protectively at her side and hadn’t released her hand even for a minute the entire time she had been with them. She saw that in place of the wedding bands formerly worn by the couple Linda was now wearing an engagement ring. She got a very knowing look on her face. She had taken in all the signs and it really didn’t take a Sherlock Holmes to figure out what they wanted to talk to her husband about. She said “Mes enfants, I weel be more zan ‘appy to pass on your message. Two people een love. Zair love needs to be ‘elped along. We want zat love to last for all of time when it came zo close to being lost. We must ensure zat it can be experienced to zee full. I weel tell my ‘usband zat ‘e ‘as to meet wiss two people in love in zee morning. If zair is anysang else I can do to ‘elp two lovers, let me know. You weel always ‘ave a friend in Madeleine D’Arnet.”

(tr: “My children, I will be more than happy to pass on your message. Two people in love. Their love needs to be helped along. We want that love to last for all of time when it came so close to being lost. We must ensure that it can be experienced to the full. I will tell my husband that he is to meet with two people in love in the morning. If there is anything else I can do to help two lovers, let me know. You will always have a friend in Madeleine D’Arnet.”)

They looked at each other and then at her. The look on their faces told her that she was correct. She kissed Clark on the cheek and then leaned in over Lois and placing her mouth close to Lois’ ear, in her accented English whispered “My dear, you ‘ave nossing to fear. I weel see to eet zat Jacques weel do what ees needed.” She then kissed her on the cheek, collected her children and left.

(tr: “My dear, you have nothing to fear. I will see to it that Jacques will do what is needed.”)

After they had left Clark turned to Lois and said “I think she knows.”

Lois replied with a little chuckle “I know she knows.”

Visiting hours were ending. Clark told Lois that he had some things to attend to and that he would be back in the morning. He leaned in and kissed her and said goodnight.

Clark changed into his black outfit and flew to Dongou. He found the guard and paid him what was owed. He then went on board the Ubuntu and released the spring lines. He started up the engine and eased out of the slip. He sped up to about fifteen knots once he was out of the harbor. As soon as he was out of sight of Dongou he idled the engine and planting his feet firmly on the deck started flying while standing there. Once he got the Ubuntu up to about seventy five knots he maintained that speed until he got into the vicinity of Impfondo. He slowed to fifteen knots until he was past their port area and then again sped up. Occasionally he would get her up to eighty five knots. By the time it was visiting hours at the hospital he had the Ubuntu back in her slip in the port of Brazzaville.

He arrived at the hospital just as visiting hours were to begin. He went to Lois’ room. As he opened the door she spotted him and her face almost literally lit up. Her smile was enough to brighten his day. She held out both hands to him. He started at this. Both hands! He said “They’ve taken you off all the monitors! That’s wonderful!”

“Yes, and Dr. Bashir told me that at this rate he expects that they may be able to release me a few days earlier than they had thought. Wanting to be with you, to hold you properly has been better than any medicine they could be giving me to help me heal quickly. I love you, Clark Kent and I want to be with you.”

With open affection on his face and in his voice Clark said, “I love you Lois Lane and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. The sooner we can start that life together the better. I do think that we’ll need to postpone the honeymoon until you’re fully recovered, but then we’ll be able to go wherever you want to for our honeymoon. What do you say to that?

“I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii.”

Clark replied with a huge grin “Then Hawaii it shall be! I’ll make all of the arrangements, when the time is right.”

“I’ll hold you to that. But, what about your regular work? How will time off like that affect your job?”

Clark replied “Think of it like this – I’m on an extended paid vacation, a vacation on which I intend to devote all my time to taking care of you. I think that I have about four and a half years before I will be called upon to go back to work.”

“Wow, what company do you work for that you can have that much time off?”

“Actually, in my ‘part time job’ I’m self-employed. I know more mystery. I’ll be explaining. I know to quote someone I care for very much ‘I’ve got a lot of explaining to do.’ Rest assured that I will. After you’re out of the hospital, we’ll take some time and I’ll explain everything. No more secrets. Just for now, I ask that you be patient.”

Lois said “I trust you Clark. I love you more than I ever imagined I would love anyone. I owe you my life.”

Just then m. D’Arnet walked in. “’ello my friends. Madeleine said you wanted to zee me.”

Clark said “Yes m. D’Arnet …”

M. D’Arnet interrupted him at this point “Sil vous plait to you I am simply Jacques.”

“Merci. Jacques this will be a long story. Please sit down and be comfortable. We ask that everything we tell you be kept in absolute confidence. Our one exception of course would be Madam D’Arnet. We believe that she at least suspects the truth already.”

“The first thing you need to know is that we are not what we appear to be. We are actually newspaper reporters working for the Daily Planet in Metropolis. We are here undercover on an assignment. We are investigating illegal gun shipments into the Congo destined for delivery to the rebels in the Bantu country. We are not married and our names are not Charles and Linda King. Please allow me to introduce Lois Lane and I am Clark Kent. We actually have a rather simple request. We are in love with one another and wish to be married. We would like you to perform the ceremony. We would also like Madam D’Arnet to be a witness. If there is need of another we would like Dr. M’benga. For reasons of security we request that afterward the records be sealed.”

”Madeleine had told me zum of ziss. She ees very intuitive about zeez matters. Eet would be my pleasure to perform a marriage ceremony for my friends and rest assured zat zee records weel be seal’ed for as long as you desire. I weel obtain zee correct papers and return zis afternoon wiss Madeleine. A second witness weel not be necessary.” He rose from the chair leaned over Lois and kissed her on the cheek. He then turned and extended his hand to Clark. Clark shook his hand and thanked him.

(tr: “Madeleine had told me some of this. She is very intuitive about these matters. It would be my pleasure to perform a marriage ceremony for my friends and rest assured that the records will be sealed for as long as you desire. I will obtain the correct papers and return this afternoon with Madeleine. A second witness will not be necessary.”)

After he left Clark turned to Lois and asked “Do you trust me?”

With a somewhat quizzical expression on her face and she said “Clark, I trust you with my life. If I can trust you with that what couldn’t I trust you with?”

A very serious expression overtook his normal smile and Clark said “I accept that trust willingly. As long as there is life in my body no more serious harm will ever befall you. I’ll see to that. What I’m talking about right now isn’t such a weighty matter. Do you trust me to pick out a dress for you for this afternoon? I want to get you something pretty to wear for our wedding. I also want you to know that this will only be the first one. I intend for us to have a big wedding when we return to Metropolis. I want you to have that. I’m sure that your family would like that. Your sister would want to be your maid of honor and your father wants to give you away.”

“Oh, Clark, that is so sweet of you. Yes, I trust your judgment. You did pick me after all didn’t you? How do you know about my sister and my father?” <I’ve never mentioned my family. One more mystery for him to explain.>

Clark said “Lois, Honey, you don’t know the half of it. You will though, very soon. I want us to have some time together, after you’re out of the hospital and we’ll have some long talks. There is so much I need to tell you.” As he finished speaking he noticed a startled expression come over her face.

She was somewhat choked up when she asked “What did you just call me?”

“What? Uh, Lois.”

“No, the other.”

“Uh, Honey.”

“Yes, that’s it. You called me Honey. No one has ever called me anything other than Lois except my father and Perry White.” She started to cry. “They are both father figures. It’s different coming from you. No one has ever thought enough of me to call me by anything but my name before. I never knew, until now, just how much I’ve missed that. It’s such a little thing, a term of endearment, but, no one has ever had enough feeling for me to use one, until now. I love it and I love you for it.”

Clark leaned in and put his arms around her and hugged her as she quietly cried. He gave her a kiss on the forehead and said “Lois, Honey, you’re going to just have to get used to hearing those from me because you’re going to be hearing them a lot. I’ll never get tired of calling you Honey or Sweetheart or any number of pet names.” <I never would have believed this. How could she have gone all her life till now and no one called her by a pet name or used an endearment? How? I guess that no one has loved her the way I do. That just makes me love her that much more.> “I hate to leave you, but, I have some shopping to do.”

With tears still in her eyes she looked up at him and said “I’ll be OK till you get back. Bring me something pretty.”

Clark leaned in and kissed her again and said “Nothing can be as pretty as you but I’ll try to find something that will gild the lily.” He gave her a smile and left.

Calling the hotel concierge Clark asked for the address of the most expensive couturier in Brazzaville. The address wasn’t that far from the hospital so it only took a few minutes to drive over. When he entered the shop a shop girl approached and asked if she might be of assistance. After describing the type of dress he was after and Lois’ size she led him to an alcove off to one side. These were the ‘originals’ for which the shop was famous. The girl selected a white satin gown with a fitted top and full skirt which could almost pass for a formal wedding gown in Lois’ size with matching pumps. He paid for it and had everything packaged. Next he went out and bought a Tux.

The jeweler had notified him the previous day that the set was ready so he went to the shop and picked up the set he had commissioned. When he arrived in the shop the jeweler presented him with an oversized jewelry box covered in dark blue velvet. Inside the box on a bed of pure white velvet the jewelry was laid out. It was stunning, far exceeding his expectations. Jean-Luc was very proud of the work he had done. He pointed out to Clark that the gem he had supplied was a very unusual sapphire.

He said “Normal-ly zee asterism of zee star sapp’ire ees caus-ed by rutile in zee matrix, ‘owever, ziss sapp’ire in fact ‘as zee double asterism, a twelve pointed star instead of zee normal six. Ziss leads me to believe zat ziss ees a never before seen variety of sapp’ire. Zere ees anozair oddity … observe.” He hit a switch which killed the shop lights. When he did Clark was able to see the jewels glow slightly, a gentle lambent radiance flickering over the surface causing the asterism to glow with more than the reflected light which would be expected. He turned the lights back on. “Eef you recall I zaid zat zee density or molecu-lar weight was wrong. Zay did not exactly match zee known values for zee Sapphire or zee Star Sapphire. I cannot identify what material ees causing zee double asterism. It ‘as to be zum unknown chemical element. Whatever eet ees eet must also be responsible for zee glow.”

(tr: “Normally the asterism of the star sapphire is caused by rutile in the matrix, However, this sapphire in fact has the double asterism, a twelve pointed star instead of the normal six. This leads me to believe that this is a never before seen variety of sapphire. There is another oddity … observe.” … “If you recall I said that the density or molecular weight was wrong. They did not exactly match the known values for the Sapphire or the Star Sapphire. I cannot identify what material is causing the double asterism. It has to be some unknown chemical element. Whatever it is it must also be responsible for the glow.”

Clark looked at it with his microscopic vision but could not magnify it enough to make any kind of determination.

The jeweler said “I am tres happy wiss zee results of ziss work. Zee resulting gems in zee necklace and zee tiara each dwarf zee Black Star of Queensland een size. You really should notify zee Gemological Zociety of ziss find. Ziss gem ees fabulous … unique … ‘istorical! I ‘ave nevair zeen anysang like eet and I feel certain zat I never weel again. Where did you find zis gemstone? What ees eets country of origin? You must give ziss set a name. What are you going to call zis gem?”

(tr: “I am very happy with the results of this work. The resulting gems in the necklace and the tiara each dwarf the Black Star of Queensland in size. You really should notify the Gemnological Society of this find. This gem is fabulous … unique … historical. I have never seen anything like it and I feel certain that I never will again. Where did you find this gemstone? What is its country of origin? You must give this set a name. What are you going to call this gem?”)

Clark still wanted to keep a ‘low profile’ and keep this out of the papers so he continued to demur. Clark said “I’m afraid that I must keep that information to myself, after all, if its origin were to become generally known others might make their way into the market and that would decrease its value. As to a name, let’s see” He gave it some thought. “How about the ‘Double Star of the Congo’? After all this is where it was discovered for what it is. Thank you for all your hard work and I promise that I will mention the name of your shop if anyone inquires.” Clark had noticed a jewel which he hadn’t requested. Unsure as to how it would be received he removed it from the case. In view of her injuries which should probably result in significant scarring of her abdomen he didn’t think a belly button jewel would be wise. He didn’t think that she would want to be wearing anything with a bare midriff in the future.

The jeweler had a thoughtful expression as he rolled around the suggested name in his head. Slowly a smile took over and then with satisfaction in his voice he said “Zee Double Star of zee Congo, I like eet. Yes, zee Double Star of zee Congo eet shall be. Zank you.” With deep appreciation he took Clark’s hand and shook it.

(tr: The Double Star of the Congo, I like it. Yes, the Double Star of the Congo it shall be. Thank you.”)

Clark asked, “Were there any remnants from the cutting and polishing process? I may wish to have them analyzed at a later date.”

“Of course mon ami. Zair are always remnants. I will place zem een a small container pour vous.”

“Please, keep some of the larger remnants for yourself.”

“Zank you. I weel place zem een a clear container and add eet to zee photographs.”

After receiving the requested materials Clark again thanked the jeweler and left on the rest of his errands.

The next to last stop was the florist he had been frequenting where he bought a nosegay for Lois and a corsage for Madam D’Arnet to thank her for her understanding. Finally he then went by the hotel and retrieved some underwear for her from her luggage. After making all of these purchases it was time to return to the hospital if Lois was to be able to dress.

When he got back to the hospital Lois was sitting on the edge of her bed. She looked adorable even in a hospital gown. He asked her “Do you want me to call a nurse to help you get dressed?”

With a sly grin on her face she said, “Not yet. Let me see what you got first.” Her grin became more mischievous. “Maybe I’ll have *you* help me dress.”

Clark got a mock shocked expression on his face and said “You know I can’t do that! It’s bad luck for the groom to see the bride in her gown before the ceremony.”

She gave him a slap on the arm and chuckling said “I didn’t know you were so superstitious.”

Laughing he replied “Really, I’m not. I just think that there are some traditions that need to be honored. There are some other wedding traditions that I think I would like to follow also.” With this he pulled out a rather large velvet box. Clark said “I’ll give you a hint. There is a saying that they use about the bride in a wedding.” <You’re going to be a lovely bride. *My* bride. *My* Lois.>

She asked “Do you mean ‘Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue’?”

With a smile on his face as Clark said “Yep, that’s the one.”

Lois thought <What could this be. It looks like an oversized jewelry box.> “OK, so what is this?”

“This will fulfill two of the categories, something new and something blue. Go ahead and open it and see.” He handed it to Lois.

With some trepidation she opened the lid and as she did so she let out a long gasp. It was absolutely gorgeous. She said “Oh … My … God! It’s the most beautiful blue Star Sapphire set I have ever seen! How did you know that this is my birthstone? These are too much. They look like they belong on a queen. I can’t wear them!”

The necklace was a mesh of gold chains with sapphires at all of the intersections around the central stone tapering from a six inch width at the center describing a half moon to a single chain on each side with an eight hundred carat central stone. The surrounding stones decreased in size from fifteen carat immediately around the central stone to half carat where the necklace tapered to a single chain. The ear rings were for pierced ears and were five carat stones on gold posts. The ring was also a five carat stone. The bracelet was a solid gold filigree cuff bracelet with a single one hundred carat stone mounted. The anklet was of similar design to the necklace but a single width with a ten carat central stone and half to one carat stones all around. The tiara was the pièce de résistance; it was of gold filigree matching the cuff bracelet with a central stone of one thousand carats. It would have been suitable in any set of crown jewels in the world.

As he removed the necklace from the box and clasped it about her neck Clark said “I had them specially made for you and I want you to wear them, at least on special occasions and today is a *very* special occasion. I want everyone to know that you’re the queen of my heart. You can wear the tiara in place of a veil.”

Next he picked up the package with the dress in it. “I hope you like this.” Clark then took the dress out of its wrappings and held it up.

Lois reached out and touched it and gave an “ooooohhh” sound and said “It’s … lovely! It looks expensive! How can you afford such expensive gifts?”

Clark replied “The expense doesn’t matter. What matters is that you’re dressed appropriately.” As he handed her a small bag he said “Here are your undergarments.”

She took the bag and looked in. What she saw was something of a shock. These were her things. She had left them on the Ubuntu when they had gone into the interior. <How did he get these things? I was expecting to have to get something new for when I was to be discharged. That’s another mystery.>

Clark said “Okay, you have something new, something blue, your ‘old’ underwear; you just need to borrow something from someone. Now, I think I’ll call the nurse to help you dress. Jacques and Madeleine should be here shortly.” He reached over and hit the nurse call button. When she arrived Clark asked if she would be so kind as to assist Mrs. King to dress. She said that she would do so gladly and he left.

Clark quickly changed into the tux and waited in the lobby for the nurse to leave the room. While he was waiting Jacques and Madeleine arrived. Clark presented the corsage to Madam D’Arnet and Jacques pinned it on her. They chatted for a few minutes and then the nurse stepped out of the room and beckoned to them. Clark asked that Madeleine go in first to make sure she was ready and then come and get Jacques and him.

Madeleine entered the room and was in there for several minutes before she opened the door and called them. When she had first entered Lois had asked her if she could borrow her handkerchief and Madeleine had happily handed it to her. Lois smiled, she had fulfilled the tradition’s requirements and she knew that Clark would be pleased. The last thing Madeleine had done for Lois was to help her with her necklace. The sapphire set made a dramatic contrast against the white of her dress.

When Jacques and Clark entered Clark was almost moved to tears at the sight. She was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen in his life. On her the gown looked magnificent. She was standing there, very demurely, holding the nose gay in front of herself looking very regal. Clark thought <The tiara is perfect. She looks every bit the royal princess.> Madeleine stood by her side.

Jacques walked up to Lois and gave her a kiss on the cheek and said “You look very lovely, my dear. Clark is a very lucky man.”

Lois blushed and said “Thank you. You are too kind.”

Jacques got down to business. He said to Clark “Please to stand next to Lois.” Clark moved over and Jacques began the standard ceremony. They had decided to use the rings that they had chosen for their undercover personas as their actual wedding rings so these were exchanged. At the conclusion Madeleine gave both Lois and Clark kisses on the cheek. Jacques shook Clark’s hand and then he kissed the bride. He filled out the papers which they signed and Jacques and Madeleine departed.

Clark was dazed. It was done! Lois, his Lois was now *really* his Lois. There were so many things to tell her and so many things to show her. First though she needed to finish healing. He said “I don’t think you want to get back into bed wearing that gown. Should I call the nurse to help you get back into the hospital gown?”

With a slightly shy expression on her face Lois said “Why do we need a nurse? You’re my husband now.”

With her statement a light went on in his head. “Hey, that’s right. *I* can help my wife change. It will be my pleasure to help my wife change. I can’t say that enough.”

“What, help her change?”

“No, wife, I can’t say wife enough. My *wife*! I want to shout it from the rooftops! Lois Lane is my wife! Look out world! I have it on good authority that there is nothing in the world that the team of Lois Lane and Clark Kent can’t do. Just look at what we have accomplished so far. I think we have enough on this story to go to print, but, we have to wait on that for just a bit.”

“Why wait?” she asked.

“I still have to check on a few things.” He replied “Right now we need to get you back into bed so that you can heal.” As he was saying this he was unzipping the back of her gown. She stepped out of it and he neatly laid it out on the chair so that he could repackage it and then take it to the hotel. She was standing there in her bra and panties. Admittedly they covered more than the string bikini had but these were not bathing apparel. These were lingerie. All he could do when he turned around from arranging the gown on the chair was to stare at her.

Closing the distance between them she reached behind and unclasped her bra and shrugged out of it. She placed it on the chair with the gown. Clark was frozen in place. She turned to him and said “I’m yours now so you’re allowed to touch me. In fact I would like you to touch me.” He reached out and placed his hand on her breast. She gave a sigh of contentment and leaned her head back silently asking to be kissed. As he kneaded her breast he took her up on her silent offer and leaned in and claimed her lips in a kiss. After several minutes of this they broke from the kiss. He put her hospital gown back on her and carried her over and put her in the bed. She marveled at this display of strength, but didn’t mention it. He said he would tell her everything, soon. She gave a contented sigh and reached out with her hand to stroke his face. He took her hand in his and kissed the palm and said “You get some rest. I’m going to check on some things. I’ll be back for visiting hours. You’ve had a big day and you need to rest. We want to be able to have you discharged as soon as possible.”

She said “Dr. M’benga said that it should only be a couple more days.”

After giving her another kiss he said “That’s terrific news. I’ll have the suite ready for you when they do and then we can start our life, together. I’ll be back in a little while.”

There had been this nagging feeling at the back of his mind that this was in fact a major change in history. Lois was alive. They were married. The investigation was more or less complete. There were just a few loose ends to tie up and it would be ready to publish. But, he knew that in his time the story never went to press. He needed to figure this all out. He needed to find out just how profound this change was, if it was a change. <I wish Herb was here. He would be able to tell me just what effect these changes have actually had. I know he said that he believed that whatever actions I would take were just part of the history that I knew, but how can this be explained? In my time Lois was missing and presumed dead and the story was never filed, now neither of those is the case.>

To be continued in Chapter 23 – A Bedtime Story

Last edited by KenJ; 04/30/14 02:50 AM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj