Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#86939 05/26/12 04:22 PM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
OK, Time for everyone to get together and taste food for the reception.

I want to take some time to thank a few folks: Ray, Andrea, Stacy and Michelle. Without their able assistance, this fic wouldn't be nearly as much fun to read.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The clinking of glasses against dishes seemed to sway in time with the atmosphere.
Nice little detail. I can hear the "pulse" of the place.

The wait staff moved to and fro between calmly taking a patron’s order in the main dining room, to the planned hysteria of the kitchen.
Like this too.

Ensconced in a large horseshoe-shaped booth sat the Kent/Lane party - the two families were laughing and exchanging stories.
Always did like how easily the Lanes and Kents got along. smile

Clark wore a charcoal grey suit,
For Lois, methinks.

In the past if a guy had appeared on a date wearing a tie that matched her scarf she would have promptly ditched the scarf - and the guy.
clap

“What Mike means, Grace, is that you are a friend of his, so that makes you a friend of ours.” Jonathan spoke in his usual gentle, quiet tones, but the depth of meaning was clearly evident.
Awww! <gives Jonathan a hug>

For some bizarre reason Mike felt uneasy. Why was this man looking for Grace? More importantly, who was *he* to her?
Awww, he's being all territorial! laugh

“Brother? Your Grace’s brother? She has mentioned you on a few occasions.”
Yeah...that was....smooth, Mike...

“Isn’t that great? He’s her brother.”
Awww, you're too cute, Mike.

“You two write so many articles, how can *anyone* keep up? Still, if she made socks for Mike perhaps she can make a sweater for me? There’s this darling pattern…”
Dang it! How did Ellen get free of my duct tape?

Ellen, outdone again by no less than a Kansas farm housewife, did something very rare - she held her tongue.
Tempus came! And replaced Ellen with a clone!

“Just one minute, young lady!”
<readies a frying pan to smack Ellen upside the head with>

“Your Mother’s right, Princess. Besides, isn’t this all part of mother/daughter bonding while planning a wedding?”
<uses said frying pan on Sam>

Wait...where's the rest??? I need more now!!!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Morgana,

I think your characterization of Ellen Lane is right on. Kudos.

The 'green eyed monster' showing up when Mike saw someone else with Gloria was priceless. I knew it just had to be a relative, but, of course we are privy to Gloria's inner thoughts while Mike isn't

Ellen putting the kibosh on Lois and Clark's plans for a tryst, so typical.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Duct Tape for Ellen! I could not agree more! Still her character was a LOT of fun to write and yes DC, she should be hit upside the head with a frying pan! thumbsup

Mike does get jealous! The green-eyed monster is all over him and who can blame the man?

Ken and Sydney thanks for sticking with the story and the great feedback, without which this fic would be MUCH shorter and not nearly as interesting!

Chapter Five on Sunday! wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard