Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thoughts?

No, I was not in a pleasant mood when I wrote this. :p

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

T
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
T
Wow, I was just posting the end of my story when I saw this so I read it. This was a very poignant story. I think you did well capturing how Clark would feel about not saving someone, especially kids.

This also hits home in another way, as my wife and I just learned that we're having a boy this time. So I have a son now, he'll be here in October. Hit me hard talking about Clark's son and how it could have been his as he found the dead boy. Things with kids hit me much harder since I became a dad, I think of my daughter whenever I see such things, but now it's a little different.

Very moving story, probably not the best time for me to read it. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the pregnant one, I'm even more emotional then normal. wink I'm really realizing with this pregnancy how much it can affect the father as well as the mother, hormone wise. I read about it but to experience it is different. I don't recall this so much with my daughter, but then it feels I spent most of that pregnancy in shock. wink

Sorry to talk so much about my situation, it just hit me pretty hard due to it. Very well done.

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As always your writing provides a sense of strength and power.

Lois indeed is a super woman.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanatos - Thank you very much for the kind words. And congrats to you and your wife, and to the big sister-to-be! laugh

This story was actually borne out of a major set back for my husband and I in trying to start our own family. I got the idea as we just sat in our bedroom together, trying to hold each other together.

Very sweet that you're so emotional over becoming a daddy twice over. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
As always your writing provides a sense of strength and power.

Lois indeed is a super woman.
Thank you very much, Morgana. I appreciate the kind words. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow that was very well written. You really captured his feelings and made us feel all of it with him. The depth of his love for Lois and her love for him is very clear in this story. Great job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Wow that was very well written. You really captured his feelings and made us feel all of it with him. The depth of his love for Lois and her love for him is very clear in this story. Great job! Laura
Thanks so much, Laura. smile I was hoping to make you feel it along with poor Clark.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, that was a well done and very realistic story. It really brought things home. Good work.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Wow! I'm speechless. wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vicki,

A truly wonderful story. thumbsup

I am green with envy. I wish I could write like that. laugh

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Artemis:
Yes, that was a well done and very realistic story. It really brought things home. Good work.
cool
Artemis
Thanks so much, Artemis. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Wow! I'm speechless. wave
Oooh, thank you, Sydney. laugh That's quite a lot of clapping there! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Vicki,

A truly wonderful story. thumbsup

I am green with envy. I wish I could write like that. laugh
Wow! That's quite the compliment, Ken. Thank you very much. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Isn't that the truth?

For the most part, I've learned to cope with my own short-comings, my own limitations. I've come to accept that I can't save everyone every single time. I've had to. Without that realization, without that acceptance, I wouldn't be able to be Superman. The stress would kill me, or drive me insane.
You've done a great job capturing Clark's regrets. That he can't do everything. Even Superman has his limitations.

I love the way you have him acknowledging that Lois is his anchor. That he realizes all she does for him and how she helps him.

Great job!

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Isn't that the truth?

For the most part, I've learned to cope with my own short-comings, my own limitations. I've come to accept that I can't save everyone every single time. I've had to. Without that realization, without that acceptance, I wouldn't be able to be Superman. The stress would kill me, or drive me insane.
You've done a great job capturing Clark's regrets. That he can't do everything. Even Superman has his limitations.

I love the way you have him acknowledging that Lois is his anchor. That he realizes all she does for him and how she helps him.

Great job!

Joan
Thanks, Joan. I think we all have that person in our life, man or woman, spouse or parent, whoever, that grounds us when life is rough.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Wow. This was excellent. Remarkably well written- you could feel all of the emotions poring out of this piece- it even started to work me into a panic when he didn't see his son at Lucy's. Very, very well done. thumbsup

And I'm very sorry to hear about your own setbacks. sad I hope things work out for you soon.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Wow. This was excellent. Remarkably well written- you could feel all of the emotions poring out of this piece- it even started to work me into a panic when he didn't see his son at Lucy's. Very, very well done. thumbsup

And I'm very sorry to hear about your own setbacks. sad I hope things work out for you soon.
Thank you, Mouse. I'm glad you felt the emotional toll that Clark was going through. I had hoped to make the readers feel his pain. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh dear. Oh dear. wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Oh dear. Oh dear. wave Michael
Ooooh, I do love it when my fics inspire challenges. evil

Thank you, Michael, for the kind words on this one. I hadn't really seen much 1st person POV stuff on something like this. And it just sort of poured out of me when I wrote it. Maybe I should have put a warning on it that it wasn't a happy read. I might have to do that when I prep it for the archive.

Thank again, and if things ever go my way, I'll let you all know in the off topic section.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Very beautifully written. So many of the phrases and lines and sentences, not to mention the way the paragraphs were ordered, were perfectly rendered, painting a stirring portrait of Clark's grief and helplessness. How telling that Lois, the babbling brook, doesn't say a word as she comforts him. I love how he refers to her time as Ultra Woman and how she understands him enough to understand fully what he's going through.

So glad Clark finally has Lois in his life, there for him and accepting of him, to rely on and to bring him back from the dark abyss.

Beautifully done and very touching. Pray things go better for you and your husband. sloppy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard