Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For those of you who read Another Lois , I hope you now see what an uphill climb it was for Lois (and H.G. Wells) to find the missing link to save Tempus, and therefore, Clark. Oh, did I mention recently? dizzy . laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
/promptly checks in all throwing knives, explosive fruits, and other harmful weaponry that may or may not be stashed on my person/

I have no use for them tonight. laugh This was great! Absolutely perfect way for Tempus to be destroyed without Superman. At first, I kept guessing about who was who, but I must say the way you ended it was brilliant. And very cute, how one couple started it all. twins

Edit: Actually, I seriously tried throwing knives the other day whilst at a friends house, awaiting the impending eclipse- and I sucked at it. So I can take those back now. It's the bow and arrows and pellet guns you've got to watch out for- I've got pretty good aim. wink

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
T
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
T
While I haven't read Another Lois yet, I liked how you explained all the little things that an event can effect. It never quite sat right with me how Tempus was so uncaring about changing the past (though he was actually necessary to have it go as it should, so Lois and Clark seems a more whatever happened, happened type of time travel. laugh ) And good on you for mentioning Nightfall among others. I think Tempus wasn't very much of a planner after all. laugh

Edited to add something I thought of after posting.

Another time Nightfall was brought up in regards to Tempus in Margaret Brignell's only you series. It was sort of Tempus' last gasp to destroy Utopia by sending an asteroid at Earth. Good series about the Alt-Dimension if you haven't read it.

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'll preface this by saying that I haven't yet had the chance to sit and read Another Lois yet. Darn muse is running me ragged on my end, every free moment I get it seems.

Their waitress noted that they often held hands and caressed each other’s face – physically and sometimes with just a gaze.
Awww! Love that description.

The woman gazed at her husband and then chuckled. “No. We haven’t been married fifty years. This is the fiftieth anniversary of the day we met.”
Awww!

For that poor woman, that decision was a mistake and possibly for the rest of us as well.
Oh dear.

It was this night of drinking that caused the young man to end up in the hospital with alcohol poisoning.
Not good.

Working at the hospital was a doctor, who wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for the quick actions of one Superman.
Interesting... Is she Tempus' mom? And the drunk is his father?

Now, this doctor said something, her exact wording having been lost, to convince the man that drinking was not the solution to his problems. It was her kindness, understanding, and persuasiveness that made him finally agree to check himself into rehab and become sober.
Ah...that's cool.

While in rehab he happened to meet a young woman, also trying to become sober. They fell in love and, as people like to say, the rest is history. Together, this couple helped each other stay on the wagon, and in due course, were married and had two children.
Ah, so she is *not* Tempus' mom, but this new lady.

It was this second child, who while she was at college happened, on a whim, to bring her roommate home for Thanksgiving break and introduce her to her older brother’s best friend. This best friend of her brother’s, the oldest child of the man who got drunk after going on that horrible blind date with the waitress, turned out to be Tempus’s great, great grandfather. The college roommate of the younger child was Tempus’s great, great grandmother.
Oooh! A twist! hyper

A meeting that would never have happened if Clark Kent hadn’t fallen in love at first sight with Lois Lane on the day they met all those years ago
Oooh! So evil! Clark's actions caused Tempus' eventual birth! evil

(of course, not taking in account Superman’s rescue of Earth from Nightfall, or the second-coming of a great flood, or Metropolis from the giant tsunami, or several deadly viruses, which for some reason, evil time-traveling masterminds never take into account)
rotflol

he erroneously concluded it would be “safe” for him to go back in time and kill Superman as a baby.
Oooooh!

Fun little story! I love the twist!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice game of connect the dots! Good job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
So does this mean that Tempus wiped himself out in the "Another Lois" universe?? Those evil masterminds, always so short sighted.

Joan

Kerth
Kerth
Works for me - Tempus should have erased himself from history the first time he appeared, the mechanism is great fun.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
An extra thank you to all of you who read this who didn't read Another Lois first. hyper As you now know this is a stand alone theory /story, which is why I posted it separately from my other stories. I would also like to send out another shout out to my super Betas: Mrs. Luthor and IolantheAlias for all of their hard work. wave

Deadly Chakram: Hey, I'm okay with you using your spare time writing instead of reading. While I miss your wonderful FDK, I get great stories to read. laugh

Awww! Love that description.
blush Shucks. Thanks.

Interesting... Is she Tempus' mom? And the drunk is his father?
Not 6 degrees of separation yet. Anyway that doctor is almost 50 and the young man in his 20s. Not to say that type of relationship is impossible, more improbable.

Ah...that's cool.
Think of all the people Superman "saved" because he saved this woman's father. It's a ripple effect. By stopping the bomb and allowing the pilot to live, this woman who became a doctor was able to be conceived, and she saved many people over the course of her life, all thanks to Superman. laugh

Ah, so she is *not* Tempus' mom, but this new lady.
Tempus is from the 23rd century, so no.

Oooh! A twist!
Yep, it's all about who you know. The hurricane caused by the flap of one butterfly's wings.

Oooh! So evil! Clark's actions caused Tempus' eventual birth!
Well, Clark working for the Daily Planet, meeting and falling for Lois, and then becoming Superman and rescuing the Prometheus all were needed for Tempus' ancestors to meet. So, yes, I'm evil. evil

Fun little story! I love the twist!
Thank you. I figured Tempus would love the irony. Me to Tempus: [Linked Image] (At least he's not vendictive or anything, right? Right? shock I'm going to regret that, aren't I?)

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: Thanks. Ooooh. I love connect the dots. laugh

Joan: Yep, that's right; Wells comes up with the same theory but for different reasons. It's hard to be an evil mastermind and care about what happens to all the little people. goofy

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've moved my post to the "Another Lois 25/25" fdk thread, because when I wrote it I didn't realize this was a stand-alone, and people reading it might not have already read "Another Lois," and might not want to read spoilers to that story. So... off it goes!

As far as straight-forward feedback for this story: I liked it. A nice take on the butterfly effect.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Vicki: I will answer most of your comments back on the Another Lois[/i]: The Epilogue FDK , if you don't mind. BTW, there was a reason I posted this:

I hope you now see what an uphill climb it was for Lois (and H.G. Wells) to find the missing link to save Tempus, and therefore, Clark. Oh, did I mention recently? evil
at the beginning of this comment section. peep

I actually made this story intentionally vague on to which Lois and Clark (and Tempus) this involved. It [i]could
be canon Lois and canon Clark, or it might not be. angel-devil

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! What do have here?
Back in 2043, in a dark corner of a nice restaurant in Metropolis, a not-so-young couple sat enjoying their dinner.
Let’s see…

Their waitress noted that they often held hands and caressed each other’s face – physically and sometimes with just a gaze.
Lois and Clark?

The man smiled and said, “Fifty years.”
Yep. And their first meeting.

The woman gazed at her husband and then chuckled. “No. We haven’t been married fifty years. This is the fiftieth anniversary of the day we met.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Got bored reading Another Lois and decided to jump ahead, I see. [Linked Image] Well, I guess you were close enough to the end, it doesn't really matter if you read this now. It's okay to finish it, I promised not to let anything happen to Lois, during the course of the story, you wouldn't approve of. wink

Lois and Clark?
No, Lois and Lex. :rolleyes: Of course it was L&C, who else?

Yep. And their first meeting.
Okay, you were right about this one too.

She about to become Tempus’s mother?
What, you think that Tempus pulled a vendetta on L&C because they didn't tip well? evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Got bored reading Another Lois and decided to jump ahead, I see.
Hey, I had no idea that this was story No 2 after Another Lois. Does this mean Wrong Clark is the final story in the trilogy? wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, I had no idea that this was story No 2 after Another Lois. Does this mean Wrong Clark is the final story in the trilogy?
No, just a bonus vignette. It's too short to be considered a "book".

Now I *am* worried about either the epilogue, or the prologue of Wrong Clark.
Let's just say, I'm leaving that up to the reader's imagination. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Let's just say, I'm leaving that up to the reader's imagination.
Translation: [Linked Image] and [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I'm going to guess that means you've already read ahead on Sue S.'s new other side story?
Yes. /shifty eyes/ Read 'ahead'. You could call it that. /gently points Virginia to Sue's awesome dedication in Part 1 and Part 1's FDK/

At least, Ken and I will keep people coming back for the next year or two as we finish our current stories.
/more shifty eyes/

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Let's just say, I'm leaving that up to the reader's imagination.
Translation: [Linked Image] and [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'm going to guess that means you've already read ahead on Sue S.'s new other side story?
Yes. /shifty eyes/ Read 'ahead'. You could call it that. /gently points Virginia to Sue's awesome dedication in Part 1 and Part 1's FDK/
But I also read something (a rumor perchance) about her withholding parts to torture you.

At least, Ken and I will keep people coming back for the next year or two as we finish our current stories.
/more shifty eyes/
After I finish Book Two of my Wrong Trilogy I'll still have to write and post Book 3. I -- for some strange reason -- cannot see that finished posting before the end of this year. huh wink And then I can finally get back to my sequel of Missing Lois (which if I get my act together and give myself time every day or so to check the redline version my Super G.E. sent me, will hopefully make it to the Archives sometime this year.)

And Ken has promised at least two, if not three, more books of his Matchmaker Chronicles and with him still not even half way through posting the current one and him posting only twice a week, I cannot see those finished posting this year either. Logic, my dear Watson. Logic.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But I also read something (a rumor perchance) about her withholding parts to torture you.
/pst/ Nobody never said nothing about torture.

I cannot see those finished posting this year either. Logic, my dear Watson. Logic.
Very true. Very true, that.

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard