Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
hi Julia! I'm glad you posted this <g> Of course, now that you've revealed yourself as a fanfic writer, you may never have peace again... we're relentless. wink

Your English is terrific, don't worry about that.

What a heart-wrenching premise... poor Lois, poor Clark, and they're going to have to work a little to get back in synch. I just hope you let them both work on it -- I saw some budding misunderstandings, and if Clark gets insecure and disappears, I'll go after him with a Kryptonite bat! laugh

Post more! Is this all you have written, or do you have more in reserve?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very nice start, Julia - and I suspect if this is a sample, you'll keep up with everyone else no problem at all. goofy You might also have already found the other great addiction of fanfic writers here - the Great Feedback Dance <G> That is, refreshing the mbs every five seconds to see if another comment has been added to your folder. laugh

Eager to read more. Post soon smile

LabRat smile (who wishes she had time at the moment to catch up on the rest of what looks to be some great fic going on right now grumble )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
OMG, I totally forgot to mention that my story has three parts and it's all done already. I will post every other day.

Thanks so far for feedback. That really helps to calm my nerves and to have a good nights sleep.

Julia wave

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Welcome!

Glad to have another writer and yes everything Rat said is true -- the pressure, the worry, the checking to see who comments -- it's all there.

But so is the wonderful support, the friendships and the sharing.

Your story is great -- looking forward to the next posts.

Barb.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Julia, and welcome!

I've edited your fic post to show that it's the first of three parts - that way you won't have readers coming after you with pitchforks because they didn't expect a cliffhanger! goofy

Great start, by the way. I particularly like the way Clark's return is awkward; I've read too many return-from-NK fics in which Clark simply walks back into his family's life as if, once they've had the great reconciliation talk, he's never been away. Not only does he have to adjust to being back in Metropolis again and being a father, but Lois has to get to know - and love - him all over again and cope with her feelings of abandonment.

Looking forward to seeing how this works out!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Features Writer
Features Writer
Welcome, Julia! We voracious fanfic readers are always happy to welcome another talented author to the fold. And once you've finished posting this story, we'll be nagging you for more...

This is a lovely start. You've done a nice job in capturing the tension and awkwardness in Clark's return. Five years is a *long* time, and obviously things can't be instantly back as they had been when he left. It won't be easy, but I have faith...

Looking forward to the next part. thumbsup

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow what a start. You have my undivided attention! Can't wait for more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
more!!! hyper

P.S. Welcome to the Nuthouse... I mean the MBs wink

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Thank you all so much for responding to my story.

Especially thanks to Wendy for editing my fic post. I'm glad I can stay alive now and nobody is going to track me with pitchforks -well, at least not until I posted the last part of my story... wink
You might also have already found the other great addiction of fanfic writers here - the Great Feedback Dance
Oh yeah, that's SO true. I guess I kind of turned into a feedback-junkie during the last couple of hours. eek

Julia ( jump because she never espected that much positive feedback)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard