Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Vicki:
<strong> I really liked this story, Virginia! smile1 Thanks for continuing on to the next story. hyper You know how to make a writer's day.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ETA: Oops! I mean 'Wrong Clark.' Although, come to think of it, my title is more accurate. He's not really wrong, is he? Still, it must have been a conscious decision on your part to call the other story "Another Lois" and this one "Wrong Clark." I guess I'll have to keep reading...
Lois told DreamClark that she wouldn't fall for the 'New Clark' because he would be the 'Wrong Clark'. I hope this clarifies the title. wink It's the "Wrong Trilogy" because something is 'Wrong' in each story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Vicki, I hope you don't mind that I switched these comments to over here to answer, so not to add extra spoilers / information to anyone reading The Superman Effect, who hadn't read Another Lois. To that end, I will also not be answering your question/theory at the end of your comments regarding The Superman Effect here for the same reason. dizzy </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There are three dimensions in this story. There is canon dimension, which is technically not involved in this story except for its influence those characters had on alt-Clark. There is alt-Clark and his alt-dimension. And then there is this dimension in which Another Lois takes place, a dimension which was essentially a copy of canon dimension until baby Clark was killed and Tempus erased his own existance. This Lois (in Part 1) knows about the other (happier because Clark lived) dimension because HG Wells mentions that they must have broken off from the original history of canon dimension. Hence the "Y" explanation where Wells draws a line in the sand representing canon dimension and then shoots of a 'branch' from that original line to represent the dimension that he and Lois were in. It was an exact duplicate of canon dimension (memories and all) except that in this new dimension Tempus succeeds in killing baby Clark and messing up everything else.

So, either way, once without O.C., once with him. Now, with N.C. So, that's 3 times around.
Possibly. wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lol. That didn't help. I am embarrassed to admit I'm even more confused now than I was before. blush But I'm ok with that because I'm really enjoying these stories even if the intricacies of time travel and alternate dimensions has got me dizzy

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Vicki:
Lol. That didn't help. I am embarrassed to admit I'm even more confused now than I was before. blush But I'm ok with that because I'm really enjoying these stories even if the intricacies of time travel and alternate dimensions has got me dizzy
Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you any more. laugh No, I guess not, knowing what a mess my mind can be. blush :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
Don't worry about it. Like I said, I'm totally enjoying the story. Even if I'm utterly confused, and my theories about what's coming up next are totally off-base. (Sort of like when I thought Look-alike-Lois's death was going to cause everyone to realize real-Lois was sane. :rolleyes: )

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Let’s see. To some it’s just another part, linking to volumes, to others it’s an epilogue.
Wells still wasn’t quite sure what he was going to say to Clark.
April’s Fool?

He had found her all right, but she wasn’t what he or Clark expected; she was nothing like the Lois who this Clark had fallen in love with when she made him Superman.
goofy To think, life with Lois will be like a Caribbean cruise.

“From what I can ascertain, the Clark Kent – or shall I call him, the Kal-El – from this new dimension, didn’t survive the crash of his spaceship in 1966,” Wells explained.
So, this Wells is another Wells then form the one who got unstuck in time? /mutters about there not being a Zathras available this time/

“Because without a Superman, nearly the entire population of her world was destroyed, roughly a year or two ago.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Michael. Still talking to me? laugh blush

Let’s see. To some it’s just another part, linking to volumes, to others it’s an epilogue.
In the fact that if someone reads this story and this story alone, they would know that Lois was safe because alt-Clark came over to her dimension and saved her from allowing that history from happening. If you want to know HOW he did that, then you have to read Book 2. evil <<ducking>>

So, she a super strumpet? Or just plain sociopathic? Does she like to date older gents with a plate and a manservant? Is she a blonde in a painted on mini-dress?
Let's just say "different". We'll learn more about alt-Lois' backstory in Book 2. [Linked Image] This was just a bit of foreshadowing.

Look at that, they fudged the truth.
Well, Perry's missing and gone from the helm, so they asked her partner what the true story was, and well, he couldn't let her go down as a crazy suicide.

“She had been replaced by a clone”?
But "Clones" aren't a staple in this dimension.

The pent up sexual frustration?
The insanity. Hmmmm. Both?

From a lack of sex?
No, from psychos trying to kill her every week.

*That’s* what this is called now? Wouldn’t… umm… you know… instead… with a guy? Several guys? I mean, serial monogamizing… Instead of spending the time alone when she’s already been diagnosed with pent up sexual frustration. /mutters about trying to be helpful/
Perry's never going to admit his favorite reporter is nuts.

He’s slippery, that English Gent.
Nothing comes between an HG Wells and a Utopia, even a "different" Lois.

So, when he helps out at an assisted living accommodation for the elderly?
Are you doubting that the National Whisper or Dirt Digger Weekly wouldn't publish that story? evil

She’s almost the Lois he almost made out with while her hubby was away on ‘business’?
He doesn't know that.

Umm…Is that Mr. Mxysptlk over there, listening to your wish?
Let's hope not! evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Still talking to me?
Well, writing FDK is only half as fun when you don't post it? Also, drop in FDK count might eventually result in less future reading material? grumble

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, writing FDK is only half as fun when you don't post it? Also, drop in FDK count might eventually result in less future reading material?
That's true. Luckily, I have a few readers on this story. hyper

So, we should just stick to Book 1?
That's up to you. SQD just started posting a new NFic over on the other boards.

/interprets this as 'in the final 5 parts or the epilogue of Book 2'/
clap

He really can't catch a break?
Nope.

Great, now I have to go catch my imagination before she breaks something.
Like Lex Luthor? (That could always work, but you know... I think Lex would really enjoy that.)

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That's true. Luckily, I have a few readers on this story.
Yes, but didn't you then go and kill them all? Except those on a happy-couples-therapy?

SQD just started posting a new NFic over on the other boards.
That's true. Hmm... Yep, there it is in my queue smile

quote: Great, now I have to go catch my imagination before she breaks something.

Like Lex Luthor? (That could always work, but you know... I think Lex would really enjoy that.)
eek Hey, she's very innocent. Although, she did eye Muse once in a very distressing manner.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
That's true. Luckily, I have a few readers on this story.
Yes, but didn't you then go and kill them all? Except those on a happy-couples-therapy?
Luckily, I changed history so that could live to read again. laugh

quote: Great, now I have to go catch my imagination before she breaks something.

eek Hey, she's very innocent. Although, she did eye Muse once in a very distressing manner.
So, your imagination is innocent but your muse naughty?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, your imagination is innocent but your muse naughty?
Well, Muse also assures me she's very innocent. And I do believe both of them. After all, Superman also believes that Lois can't do no wrong?

peep Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So, your imagination is innocent but your muse naughty?
Well, Muse also assures me she's very innocent. And I do believe both of them. After all, Superman also believes that Lois can't do no wrong?

rotflol

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard