Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well folcs, here it is. The conclusion to this epic tale (epic to write, that is). What started off as a simple love story took on a life of its own as I wrote it. I can't believe we're at the final chapter now.

<twitches uncontrollably>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
AWWWW! Sniff, sniff!

You not only managed to get happy endings for Jai & Lucy, Ching & Zara, but you also managed to give Lois & Kal a daughter as well as a son. You shifted into overdrive for happily ever after! Sniff, sniff. Not used to the overdrive of happiness concentrated in one episode.

Been a wonderful ride, Vicki. Love that Kal (who thought his life was over with the forced marriage to Lois) is going to be a ruler in a society that needs his generous loving nature. Kel, Lin & Tara's generation will have it so much better because of the lessons learned from their parent's willingness to live life full of love and sharing responsibility. A country (or planet in this case) is always better when all its members are striving toward the same goal.

Pat

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A wonderfully sweet ending to a marvelous tale.

Depending on when you read this all the best today.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Kal and Lois are now doting parents surrounded by an excellent support system, starting with Jor-El and ending with Marthe.

Jai has grown to be a responsible, sensible young prince. Luci is fortunate to have him rather than Nor.

Poor Ching and Zara, but at least they have one child and she will have plenty of cousins to keep her company. Speaking of which bravo to Ching and Kal for not bartering there children into a birth marriage.

Not enough was written about Ruce, didn't he ever find someone?

You could not have penned a better ending if you tried. Krypton is all the better for having a strong, loving family rule. So much better than the Uthors.

Thank you.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
A wonderful ending ! A wonderful story !

And a wonderful writer ! Thank you, DC.

And this one is for Fasa. I think he is in love.....

[Linked Image]

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very sweet ending.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm going to have to agree with all the people before me. Very sweet. Kal has turned from rough and tumble bachelor beating up his brothers into sweet, cuddley and emotional family man. He loves his new life so much, he's converted his brother over to his new way of life and convinced him to marry his sister-in-law.

thumbsup And now that the Uthor family is dissentigrated and Ruce the isn't marrying sort and all the children of the other noble children will have birth-spouses, who will be left, besides commoners and Earthlings (who happen to biologically compantible), for Kel, Tara, and Lin to marry? Or will the other nobles follow suit in hopes that by not setting up birth-spouses for their children, they may possibly luck into catching a royal prince or princess for their child once they've grown up? That's a pretty big gamble, isn't it? clap clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
AWWWW! Sniff, sniff!

You not only managed to get happy endings for Jai & Lucy, Ching & Zara, but you also managed to give Lois & Kal a daughter as well as a son. You shifted into overdrive for happily ever after! Sniff, sniff. Not used to the overdrive of happiness concentrated in one episode.

Been a wonderful ride, Vicki. Love that Kal (who thought his life was over with the forced marriage to Lois) is going to be a ruler in a society that needs his generous loving nature. Kel, Lin & Tara's generation will have it so much better because of the lessons learned from their parent's willingness to live life full of love and sharing responsibility. A country (or planet in this case) is always better when all its members are striving toward the same goal.

Pat
Thanks so much for the kind words, Pat. I *did* pull out the stops for this chapter. I really wanted everyone to wind up on the happiest note possible. You're right, of course, in saying that Kel, Lin, and Tara will all be living in a much better world because of the way their parents are (and the fact that Jor-El never curbed any of his son's natures).

Glad you enjoyed this, and thanks for sticking with it.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
A wonderfully sweet ending to a marvelous tale.

Depending on when you read this all the best today.
Thanks so much Ken. Glad you enjoyed it. I had a ton of fun writing it. Thanks for reading. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
Kal and Lois are now doting parents surrounded by an excellent support system, starting with Jor-El and ending with Marthe.

Jai has grown to be a responsible, sensible young prince. Luci is fortunate to have him rather than Nor.

Poor Ching and Zara, but at least they have one child and she will have plenty of cousins to keep her company. Speaking of which bravo to Ching and Kal for not bartering there children into a birth marriage.

Not enough was written about Ruce, didn't he ever find someone?

You could not have penned a better ending if you tried. Krypton is all the better for having a strong, loving family rule. So much better than the Uthors.

Thank you.
Hi, Morgana! wave

Thanks so very much. I did want everyone to have a happily ever after. I think you may be right though. I probably should pen something more about Ruce. I'll be keeping that in mind as I prep this for the archive.

Can you imagine the Uthor family ruling Krypton? It really WOULD explode then! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
A wonderful ending ! A wonderful story !

And a wonderful writer ! Thank you, DC.

And this one is for Fasa. I think he is in love.....

[Linked Image]

wave
Thank you, Sydney! smile So glad you enjoyed this. I really enjoyed myself in delivering it to you all to read.

Such a cute kitty graphic!!! laugh Fasa approves!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Very sweet ending.
Thanks so much, Laura! wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Virginia!

I'm going to have to agree with all the people before me. Very sweet.
Thank you very much. smile I tried.

Kal has turned from rough and tumble bachelor beating up his brothers into sweet, cuddley and emotional family man. He loves his new life so much, he's converted his brother over to his new way of life and convinced him to marry his sister-in-law.
Well, I'm sure they still spar once in a while for fun. But yes, he's gone from being horrified by the thought of being forced into a marriage (and feeling like his life is over) to loving his new life, his wife, and his babies. It's even rubbed off on Jai. smile

On Zara's difficult pregnancy, although Tara sounds like she might grow up to have some <<cough, cough>> super qualities. Samm thought Lois was hard to marry off on Krypton? His problems will seem like a cake-walk after what Ching and Zara will have to face with Tara. Can you imagine trying to marry off a super powered, indepentantly thinking woman in that society? Yikes! (Hmmmm. I'm seeing a sequel. )
huh

(Even if canon Krypton didn't allow the girls to carry the father's last name, I think I've effectively broken every canon rule in this fic. laugh )

And now that the Uthor family is dissentigrated and Ruce the isn't marrying sort and all the children of the other noble children will have birth-spouses, who will be left, besides commoners and Earthlings (who happen to biologically compantible), for Kel, Tara, and Lin to marry? Or will the other nobles follow suit in hopes that by not setting up birth-spouses for their children, they may possibly luck into catching a royal prince or princess for their child once they've grown up? That's a pretty big gamble, isn't it? Kal and Ching change Krypton by leaps and bounds by NOT marrying off their children.
laugh Good point. But their *real* honeymoon stage started the day Lois stopped verbally castrating Kal. wink

More on the Wedding Later -
Yay! Something to look forward to in the morning! And now, this writer is off to bed!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm back - Sorry for the delay in the FDK - My hubby actually wanted me to watch TV with him. clap <<cough, cough>> Kal, you are so [Linked Image]

He thumbed through the book and found his favorite short story - a tale about a puppy who wanted a boy to love, and who had a few adventures before finally finding the right child to befriend. Kel was sound asleep by the time Kal finished reading the second page, so he gently set the book aside, kissed the boy's forehead, and headed into his own bedroom.
Sigh. I remember those days, when the kids fell asleep before the book was read. Nowadays, it's more likely that mommy and daddy are asleep before the books finished.

Lois started to rise from the chair, but Kal silently stood, reached for his baby, and whisked the girl off to her own room. He gently kissed her head, then laid her in her crib, before heading back to his own bedroom.
Wow! 6 weeks old and already has a room of her own? My children didn't move out of our bedroom for at least 6 months, but then again, I was the one who got up in the middle of the night when they screamed. We were thrilled with the babies moved into their own room.

Lois was already beneath the blankets when he entered, a loving, inviting smile on her face as he stepped into the room. Kal beamed a smile back, closed the door, shed his fine clothing, and joined her in the bed. They made slow, gentle, deliberate love that night.
What?! eek After 6 weeks he was able to be slow? Oh, that's right, he drank lots of wine. Never mind.

Lois' free arm draped across this stomach, and she squeezed his body in a tight hug. She breathed a sigh of contentment and her eyes fluttered shut. Kal could not hold back the smile from crossing his lips, and he leaned his cheek against the top of Lois' head. His own sigh matched her own.
Awwwwwwwwwwww.

"I love you too, Lois," he replied, "so very, very much. You are the best thing to have ever happened to me."
[Linked Image] Now, you've done it, Kal. You've called your wife a thing. [Linked Image] It will be like the honeymoon all over again. Better take your pillow and blanket and head for the couch right now buster.

In Lois, Kal had found his partner, his best friend, his love, his family, his very heart, and his home.
Now, if he could wake up his 'home' and have a repeat performance of the 6 week ritual, he'd also be a happy camper. laugh

Thanks for giving Kal and Lois a happy, as opposed to bloody, ending. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
Aw! What a lovey ending! Great job. I'm satisfied with the scattering of molecules that Nor received lol.

Now my only question is: what will you come up with next!? Lol

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm back - Sorry for the delay in the FDK - My hubby actually wanted me to watch TV with him. I know! Me, too.
<laughes>

Part 2 - THE FDK Continues - The Wedding...
The Feedback Strikes Back...Uh-oh! Is there a Death Star coming?

Strange, thought Zara. Ching said the same thing to Jai when Kal got married... well, without all that stuff about 'love'. Actually, right before Kel was born he did say something similar to Jai. Something like 'It's good to see him so excited about this. You know, there was a time when I never thought I'd see the day when Kal would be in love. Let alone having kids.
drool

"Don't worry," Lois whispered to her husband. "With the amount of kids we'll have, all the giggling slumber parties will happen over in Zara and Ching's rooms."

"Phew," Kal exhaled with relief.

"Where they'll have a great view out the windows to the stables. And all the young men who work there."

"What?!" gapsed Kal. Samm was right. Little girls and horses a very bad thing indeed. Must keep Lin away from the stables.
clap

Because that had ended so badly for both Kal and Ching.
Very true. <grin>

Okay, time to throw in one of these: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
YAY!

Poor Kal. No yellow sun, and princey here is going to develop a pouch.
<points to the gym, where Lois can watch her man get all hot and sweaty>

But... but... but... that didn't happen at his wedding!
Precisely. Evil author is evil.

Yep, long six weeks.
Verrrrrry long.

You mean the look that said, 'if he's rushing through this, does that mean he rushes through everything?'
She could ask Catira?

'Marthe wants to help Lois with her 6 week ritual?!' 'Oh, wait. I bet that's not what she meant. But I do.'
evil

Thanks for giving Kal and Lois a happy, as opposed to bloody, ending.
You're very welcome. Thanks for coming on this trip with me!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Aw! What a lovey ending! Great job. I'm satisfied with the scattering of molecules that Nor received lol.

Now my only question is: what will you come up with next!? Lol
Thank you, Mrs. Luthor! I too, was satisfied with killing Lux and sons. laugh

What next? Hmmm. Well, I have a few things in the works.

1) A Martha introspective piece
2) A Clark introspective piece (finished, needs beta-ing)
3) A "what if" story, centering on if Clark wasn't found by the Kents
4) A comedy piece centering on the characters discovering our world's fanfiction

All are various stages of the writing process. Hoping to get some of them done though. Come on, Muse!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. thumbsup I'm glad Jai and Luci got together in the end- it made a perfect way to end the story, almost full circle, wedding to wedding. Also, I like that Kal, despite his own success with arranged marriage, is maintaining his stance against that for his own children. Oh, and what cute kids! (And three cheers for Zara and Ching finally being able to have a child of their own hyper despite the difficulties.)

Whew. Lots going on in this story- this chapter even- and am sad to see it come to a close. But I'm banking on some of your other ones cropping up on here soon. evil Can't wait to see what madness you have in store for us next.

(PS: sorry it took so long for me to get to this, I was house sitting for my uncle who for some reason has yet to grant me their wi-fi password...)

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Perfect ending.
Thank so much, Mouse!

Can't believe it's done.
Me neither.

Now what am I to do with my time... Excellent story, Vicki!
Thank you. Um...maybe you can write more fics? laugh Pleeeeeease? laugh

I'm glad Jai and Luci got together in the end- it made a perfect way to end the story, almost full circle, wedding to wedding.
Exactly what I was going for.

Also, I like that Kal, despite his own success with arranged marriage, is maintaining his stance against that for his own children. Oh, and what cute kids! (And three cheers for Zara and Ching finally being able to have a child of their own despite the difficulties.)
I never intended to leave Zara and Ching unhappy. It was my plan from the start to give *everyone* a happy ending...except for the people I killed off. laugh

Whew. Lots going on in this story- this chapter even- and am sad to see it come to a close. But I'm banking on some of your other ones cropping up on here soon. Can't wait to see what madness you have in store for us next.
Thanks. I'm also sad to see this one done. And relieved, at the same time. More madness to come, I just can't promise when.

(PS: sorry it took so long for me to get to this, I was house sitting for my uncle who for some reason has yet to grant me their wi-fi password...)
No worries! Get that password, girlie!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

T
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
T
Well I just finished reading this story over the past few days and wanted to say it was a fun ride. Very different, was kind of hard to not read some of the names as their counterparts wink .

Man, Kal, six weeks old and she's already got you <whip>

From the second she was born. [Wink]
That tends to happen to daddy's with little girls. My daughter is sitting in my lap right now as I type this (she'll be 3 in August).

One more comment, wouldn't it be weird for your brother to marry your sister in law? Well I guess if it worked for Twins laugh .

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard