Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
All comments can be posted here! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Morgana,

Sadly I have to admit I haven't , as yet, read Stranger in our midst, but I plan to.

This is an interesting story in it's own right. You have managed to build the entire universe in just a few snort paragraphs. Well done. Even though I haven't read stranger I feel very well grounded for this story.

I agree with you that they didn't give Uncle Mike enough screen time and I look forward to the rest of the story.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Originally posted by KenJ
Sadly I have to admit I haven't , as yet, read Stranger in our midst, but I plan to.
It's the same for me: I haven't read A stranger in our midst. But now I plan to.

And I always loved Uncle Mike: he could be a great substitute father for Lois.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Planning a wedding is not easy. It's bound to turn an intrepid reporter into a panicked bride. Glad that there's uncle Mike to save the day! smile

It's incredible how you pick details and minor characters and give them a life of them own. Your beautiful and careful built descriptions never cease to amaze me, too. thumbsup

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
KenJ wrote
This is an interesting story in it's own right. You have managed to build the entire universe in just a few short paragraphs. Well done. Even though I haven't read Stranger I feel very well grounded for this story.
This story was meant to stand on its own within the LnC universe I created. But its beginnings are woven into Stranger, which by the way is not in the archives yet, RL has been incredibly busy of late.

Sydney wrote
And I always loved Uncle Mike: he could be a great substitute father for Lois.
Isn't Mike the best? I alway thought he made a perfect surrogate Dad for Lois. He's a LOT more understanding and emotionally available than Sam.

Ultrawoman wrote
Planning a wedding is not easy. It's bound to turn an intrepid reporter into a panicked bride. Glad that there's uncle Mike to save the day!
Planning a wedding is work and surprise and all kinds of crazy things in between! Still I'm very glad they did not elope! Where's the fun in that?

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments! I like writing little details about minor characters, it gives the story greater dimension.

More to come! hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree with you that Mike is an underused character, along with Dr. Klein, Lucy, and even perhaps Lois's parents.

Hmmm... romance is in the air between Mike and Grace Chen?

Looking forward to more!

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for everyone's comments!

Time Travel would be so helpful! Imagine going back and giving more parts to Uncle Mike, the second Lucy and many others? It would give us so much more material to write about!

A little romance for Lois favorite Uncle? We shall see.

Morgana

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, since this is taking place in the ‘Stranger’ universe, Lois only dated Lex Luthor to interview him, Dan Scardino never showed up and Mayson Drake is just an Assistant District Attorney.
I like this already. laugh

<<Exactly! Hawaii awaits!>>
Too bad they never got there though! wink But they certainly had more important things going on.

Hugging close to her chest the stuffed bear Clark had won for her at the Smallville Corn Festival years ago,
Love the inclusion of this little detail. Paints a vivid picture for me.

Even Superman, for all his powers, was helpless in this situation.
Oh dear. What could this be?

At the moment her apartment and desk at the Daily Planet were pictures of cleanliness and organization.
They replaced her with a clone! laugh Awesome!

“She hasn’t gotten in yet?” Zachary asked

“Nope, can’t you tell? He’s all nervous and stuff,” Ryan answered while smoothing his neatly trimmed brown mustache.

“Oh boy! It’s going to be a long morning if she doesn’t show up,” Zachary groaned.
Ha! Mike's more transparent than Clark, apparently!

“Don’t worry, *one* of these days he’ll open up,” Ryan said.
So...early Lois' closed-offness was partly genetic?

He walked past Karen as if she didn’t exist and went straight for Grace.
He *is* in love! Awwww!

“Yes, indeed. Lisa is the first doctor in the family. By the way, I know it is the middle of the breakfast rush, but may we speak for a moment?”
Oooh! She gonna ask him out?

“True, but I want to do something nice for *you*, so why don’t I knit a pair of comfy merino wool and silk socks? If the café can spare its owner for a minute, let me take some measurements to assure a custom fit.”
Oooh, Mike, she *wants* you!

Mike looked up to see his beautiful niece Lois running towards him. “Oh! Uncle Mike! There you are! Thank goodness. It’s awful! It’s HORRIBLE!”
Lois - ever the drama queen. laugh

Especially since she was wearing a crisp plum two piece linen suit – with yellow shoes. He decided it was best not to mention it.
Mike Lane. Fashion police. cool

“Oh, it’s terrible! Uncle Mike, the rehearsal dinner has been canceled!”
Ah, and here I was half expecting it to be the wedding caterer.

“Mother and Daddy were *supposed* to work together on getting a restaurant and sending out the invitations to the wedding party and a few close friends.”
Really, Lois? You expected them to work together and for them to actually accomplish their goal?

Patiently, and for the second time that morning had a private conversation with a special woman in his life.
Awww, I like this.

“Mother feels we ought to have guests at the rehearsal dinner who aren’t invited to the wedding.”
That seems...counter intutive. Like a slap in the face...

“Ellen strikes again,” Mike disgustedly muttered.
May I slap Ellen?

Despite her usually tough and professional demeanor, his niece suddenly looked very fragile and young.
Love this observation. I can so easily picture what she looks like here.

“No! Absolutely not! Your staff is already catering the reception. It’s too much!” Lois’ eyes flashed in determination.
Ah, okay. So *that's* why it isn't the wedding caterers who cancelled. laugh

There were not too many people in this world Lois Lane had utter respect for besides her fiancé. Mike Lane was one of them.
Love it.

“Uh, Uncle Mike, I see Grace is here.” Lois’ voice changed; there was a teasing tone approval in it.
Ha!

“Socks?” Lois answered, slightly confused by the change in conversation. “What socks?”
laugh

“Perfect. Brown it is. A pair will be ready by the end of the day tomorrow! Bye Michael! Nice to see you again, Lois.” With those parting words, Grace made her way through the doors and briskly headed back to her shop.
Wow! Fast turn-around time.

<does not knit at all>

“Hey, kiddo, turn off those reporter’s instincts. There’s no story here!”
rotflol

What a great start to this story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh Wow! Vicki, these are fantastic comments!

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard