Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very soon? What about today?
laugh Not quite *that* soon, Sydney.

Jor-El is friend with Lux Uthor? And it was just before the attack. I thought that Jor-El was a good guy. But may be, he is not: he killed Lara when Kal was a child and now he wants Lois, his son's wife? Why not?
laugh You *may* be more twisted than I am! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana! wave

I was wondering why Ching and Zara did not have any children. Apparently they have been married quite awhile and have suffered the heartache of unrealized expectations.
It gets mentioned fairly early on (I think Chapter 3) that Zara and Ching have been married for six years. So, plenty of time for them to have numerous attempts at making babies.

I knew this the build up to this event meant something! What was supposed to be a simple family outing, has turned to tragedy.

So the question comes to mind. What happens to the Family Royal now? Everyone has been captured except Kal.
Well, more about that in the next chapter, but basically, it has to do with trying to figure out who did it and how to get them back.

Ruce was left behind? Why do I get the impression that was a big mistake on Nor's part?
Because you should never underestimate the Bat? laugh

Waiting for the next installment.
Very soon! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Winter's Deep
As in Helm’s Deep?

Winter came on strong that year.
The snow fell 20 feet deep.

Almost weekly, storms dumped their heavy loads of snow upon the planet, turning the landscape into a white and crystalline world.
And the White Walkers roamed the world. Wait, does that mean that the Red God (Krypton’s red sun Rao) blows up Krypton to defeat the Cold Gods?

And though the weather didn't allow for many walks in the gardens,
Also, the wights made going out kind of iffy…

, it did lend itself to nights spent cuddled before the fireplace in Lois and Kal's chambers.
/mind leaves for gutter/

Sometimes, they spent the nights alone in their rooms.
clap

It was impossible to tell which cat was the biggest troublemaker.
Lois.

though occasionally Lois' choice in words came into question.
“Women’s suffrage is a word!”

A number of times, Jor-El even joined them,
clap

Ching grinned widely, stepping up to Zara's side. "Don't you hit my wife, Kal. I'm warning you."
Whatcha gonna do?

"You'll have to go through me to get to Kal," she offered, stepping before her husband.
Oh Lois. You stay *behind* Kal and throw from there.

"That's fine by me," he grinned. "I bet you throw like a girl anyway."
/checks Kal’s diary/ No, his wife does *not* through like a girl. Her punches are actually quite boyish.

Ching attempted to sidestep the attack, but the ground beneath him was slippery with half buried patches of ice. The snowball exploded against his chest half a second before he slipped.
clap She knocked him off his socks!

"What an arm!" he praised Lois. "You've got better aim than Kal. Not that that's all that difficult, mind you."
Yeah. Kal’s always’s been much better at picking out floral arrangements and curtains than building things or throwing.

"Guys, guys, can't we all just get along?" Jai said dramatically, stepping in between his two older brothers.
The smarts came from the Ra side of the family, huh?

It was so loosely packed together that it began to break apart in mid-flight. Kal started to make fun of it, but then became glad that it had been structurally weak as it whacked him in the face.
clap

Instead, he launched himself at her, snow spewing from behind his feet as he dashed towards her.
He dumping it on her head?

The hand filled with snow made its slow way towards the opening at the neck of her coat.
Oooooh! And too bad they didn’t do that during the summer. *Before* the tournament.

As quick as lightning, Lois scooped up a handful and shoved it down the neck of Kal's coat.
Oh dear.

"Let me guess," Kal said, zipping his coat up higher to cut the wind that was slinking its way beneath the heavy waterproof fabric. "Your father found out?"
clap

It isn't right that he tried so hard to stifle your nature."
How about he visits Samm and starts bombarding his house with snow until he peeks outside. Then Lois can bombard Samm.

Droplets of melted snow dripped from their clothing, leaving behind small pools on the marble floors; a visible trail of their passing.
Poor servants. Poor Trey, who’ll step into the puddle, slip, and break his hip.

each one heading to their own chambers to get changed into warm, dry clothing.
Shouldn’t Lois and Kal take a hot shower together to warm up?

And in order for him to have enough time to do what he needed to do, he was going to have to get out of bed.
confused Still shy about the bathroom?

He wanted to surprise her when she awoke.
Okay…that doesn’t fit.

Finally, he found the ones that he wanted. He piled them on the coffee table in the living room, then brought out a ladder.
Christmas? confused

The room was completely bedecked in snowflakes of every size and shape. Some were made of crystal, others of colored glass of every hue.
Christmas! shock Well, winter solstice!

"They're decorations for the festival of Winter's Deep," Kal said, standing. "Didn't you ever...?"
Huh.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Please, tell me that your parents at least exchanged gifts with you?" Kal pleaded.
No?

Lois nodded again. "Yeah, that we always did. Nothing huge. Just small tokens really."
Gift certificate for a ladies’ bookstore. Books like “How to be a proper Lady.” “How to be pleasant and pleasing to your husband.” “Your husband’s concubine and you.”

My brothers got me a rare signed, first edition copy of my favorite book last year.
The Kryptosutra?

And Jai got all of the cats new laser pointers."
hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As in Helm’s Deep?
Yes, but Kal could never understand whay HE always had to play the part of the Urk-hai leader.

The snow fell 20 feet deep.
That spring, they found 8,000 frozen bodies all around the planet.

And the White Walkers roamed the world. Wait, does that mean that the Red God (Krypton’s red sun Rao) blows up Krypton to defeat the Cold Gods?
clap

And not to forget the blue silk scarf and brocade leash on the bedpost.
clap

“Women’s suffrage is a word!”
evil

How about he visits Samm and starts bombarding his house with snow until he peeks outside. Then Lois can bombard Samm.
Oooh!

Poor servants. Poor Trey, who’ll step into the puddle, slip, and break his hip.
Just thought of something. Is he Grand Maester Pycelle?

Shouldn’t Lois and Kal take a hot shower together to warm up?
Perhaps they did?

Still shy about the bathroom?
He really shouldn't have had those five extra-spicy burritos.

Christmas! Well, winter solstice!
Bingo!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Gift certificate for a ladies’ bookstore. Books like “How to be a proper Lady.” “How to be pleasant and pleasing to your husband.” “Your husband’s concubine and you.”
Voucher good for ten lessons at Concubine Community College.

The Kryptosutra?
clap

Adorable! And did they get Jai a new concubine?
Where do you think Catira came from? wink

I’d have guessed, “we’ve got ton’s more money and a bigger house. And unlimited power. But other than that, we’re the same as everyone else, enjoying our servants, serving wenches, and good food and drink.”
Occasionally making the commoners fight each other to the death in the hunger games...

Sounds lovely. You make that family of royal pains sound so normal when they’re a bunch of completely spoiled sociopaths! This. Is. Awesome!
clap

They take off from work a lot, don’t they. Harvest festival. Winter solstice. Probably ‘first flower’, too. Summer solstice. SL’s birthday. Heir’s birthday…
clap

Here I thought ‘awww’, later though, oh boy. This actually reminds me of 24, I think.
Never watched, but ok!

Ooooooh! Mass hangings!
A firing squad line!

So, they’re gonna have Eleven Kings perform?
rotflol

Vicki! What is that? A conspiracy of Vs at the 13th? Do you see those guys?
ZOMG! They are RIGHT OUTSIDE my house!!! jawdrop

You really feel like trying funny business with the posting schedule like this?
<GULP!>

Or did you simply announce that you’ve now enough buffer to switch to a daily schedule?
Still not 100% done writing and getting it beta'd? laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, but Kal could never understand whay HE always had to play the part of the Urk-hai leader.
I don't completely get it. /has only seen the movies/

Unless you were offering them your newborn sons...
True. Daughters are for marrying.

What? It doesn't just live there?
Apparently, not. clap

eek -> Drill sergeant.

Off with her head!
You watching Once Upon a Time?

Yes, with such ferocity that it knocks her head right off her shoulders.
I'm sensing a theme. Also, there's a headless theme on the boards going.

But, he gets in her way!
*Sigh* Lois really doesn't grasp the concept of 'cover' does she?

Just thought of something. Is he Grand Maester Pycelle?
laugh Nah, I'd think Maester Luwin.

Where do you think Catira came from?
/imagines Catira sitting beneath blue star, dressed in a big bow around her chest/

They tried that one, but when Kal couldn't keep the smirk off his face when someone was complaining about death threats his neighbor made against him, the experiment was ended.
Also, the commoners didn't take it well when he explained the smirk.

That's what you get for not being specific enough with your wishes???
Genies...

Never watched, but ok!
Everytime they thought they caught a break, the next death was just around the corner.

ZOMG! They are RIGHT OUTSIDE my house!!!
Excellent. "Control to Alpha. You found the house. Proceed with caution. At least one hostile armed with keyboard confirmed inside. Recusing wife of Spare has priority. Try not to cripple the bastard."
Does this mean Lois is a Spear Wife?

Still not 100% done writing and getting it beta'd?
Brave. Very brave, but foolish. Admitting it in public, that is wink

wildguy Michael

PS: Yes, I've updated by sigi to match the occasion.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I don't completely get it. /has only seen the movies/
Meh, nothing to get, really. Just Kal as the part of the ugly bad guy. clap

I'm sensing a theme. Also, there's a headless theme on the boards going.
And would you believe that after writing this feedback, I watched the series finale to Xena, in which lots of decapitations happened?

Nah, I'd think Maester Luwin.
clap

/imagines Catira sitting beneath blue star, dressed in a big bow around her chest/
clap

Everytime they thought they caught a break, the next death was just around the corner.
Ah. Gotcha.

Excellent. "Control to Alpha. You found the house. Proceed with caution. At least one hostile armed with keyboard confirmed inside. Recusing wife of Spare has priority. Try not to cripple the bastard."
clap I invited them in and gave them cupcakes. Laced with Tylenol PM. They're taking a nice nap now. Also, I have a Xena sword in my basement (for real). So, they have promised to behave...

Does this mean Lois is a Spear Wife?
eek Or, she's actually Asha Greyjoy???

<insert rant about why they felt the need to change Asha to Yara in the show>

Brave. Very brave, but foolish. Admitting it in public, that is
ArchAngel Michael to Xena: "Are you insane?"
Xena: "Depends who you talk to."

I'm actually almost done with chapter 21 now, just trying to find the perfect note to end it on. And AntiK is up to chapter 18 with the betaing. So it's not as bad as it sounds. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I LOVE Once Upon A Time!
/raises hand/ I do wonder how they're going to play it out and how long they'll be able to without completely resetting the premise. After all, once Emma believes, the entire story will change.

And would you believe that after writing this feedback, I watched the series finale to Xena, in which lots of decapitations happened?
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/raises hand/ I do wonder how they're going to play it out and how long they'll be able to without completely resetting the premise. After all, once Emma believes, the entire story will change.
I agree 100%. Actually, my mom and I were having this exact discussion about a week ago.

/is reminded of Hänsel and Gretel ep in Once Upon a Time.
rotflol

/waits for Vicki to announce she got Longclaw and Ice, too.
Nope. Gotta own a orginial style chakram first.

Well, so people don't confuse her with that other woman. The scruffy looking one But hey, at least they kept the reunion with her brother more or less true...
Yeah, that's probably it. Not that they've actually referred to Osha the Wildling by name AT ALL. :rolleyes:

LnK board a ship to Earth and you finish with 'to be continued soon on a board near you'?
rotflol

Good thing bad's a relative thing, huh?
angel-devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard