Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
peep peep

<waits for various items to be hurled>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just a quick note to say: ARGH! Nor! shock

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Blogger
Blogger
Wow...that was an unexpected turn of events.....I agree it has to be Nor!!!! wildguy
Great chapter :p wink

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, dear! Hold on! It is beginning!

Vicki, you are a very bad girl. You weren't content to just play with Kal & Lois & Fasa. You needed some excitement, hmmmmm? Well, now we're in trouble. And its all your fault! (Wipe that grin off your face. You are too proud of sneaking this in on us, aren't you?)

Well, I kinda feel sorry for Nor. He doesn't know he has a tiger by the tail. She's capable of slashing his face and other places, and leaving him without his turn to leave a mark on her. Lois has been getting ready for this fight her whole life, and here it is!

Okay, Vicki, you're in charge of this mess. I can't wait until the tables turn and it is Nor and his group that get the snot beat out of them. I'm sure you have Lois' fingernails all sharpened for this fight. SO, bring it on!

Still having fun with this one.
Pat

Blogger
Blogger
Wow...that was an unexpected turn of events.....I agree it has to be Nor!!!! wildguy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vicki,

You are a truly evil person. evil

You lulled us into a false sense of security. Obviously months have passed in peace, harmony and love and now -WHAM! shock

Okay, is Ruce A'ne going to show the same abilities as a detective as Bruce Wayne? grovel

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Just a quick note to say: ARGH! Nor! shock
Oh, whew! No army of angry graemlins coming after me! Horray! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Janedoe23:
Thanks so much! Is it Nor? You'll see! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I'm back, refreshed and hopefully 100% less snarky.

Now, that I've had all night to think about it, I've decided the men weren't Nor... It's D'Niel S'dino! He's pissed, he's lost his Hawaiian shirt, and he didn't get his chance at Lois (no accounting for taste). He's somehow convinced the Kryptonian Enforcement Group (KEG) that the first family has actually been drugging the peasants into thinking that Jor-El is the end-all be-all. Of course, he might have some bad data from an unnamed source <<cough>> Uthor family <<cough>> But it's Dan... er... D'Niel, all the way! laugh

[Linked Image] Oh, did I forget to warn you to put down your drink? Sorry.

Let's see, where were we... Right... Calm Day before the storm, Humorous Interlude...

though the weather didn't allow for many walks in the gardens, it did lend itself to nights spent cuddled before the fireplace in Lois and Kal's chambers.
Oh, darn.

Sometimes, they spent the nights alone in their rooms. Lois would snuggle into Kal's side on the couch, watching a movie with him, or reading a book while he read one of his own choosing, or making love with him before the roaring fire in the hearth.
They HATED every moment of it.

And Jai's rooms were a nearly chaotic mess of out of place objects - a sweater thrown over the back of the couch, a book left in the kitchenette next to the coffeemaker, a mug of cold tea left on a bookshelf.
What? No Maid?!

Each time they assembled, the men would bring their cats, so that they could play with their siblings.
Okay. <<cough, cough>> [Linked Image] (cat whipped) <<cough>>

He looked at Lois and put a finger to his lips, signaling for her not to speak. She frowned at him in confusion for a moment. Kal winked at her and she nodded, still unclear as to his intentions. Then the prince stooped low, scooping up a handful of snow.
Looky there, Kal's a prankster! And here I always thought it would be Jai.

Kal put his hands before him, in a placating manner. "Now, Zara," he said, feigning fright. "Don't make any rash decisions here. That wasn't meant for you."
Oh, he's SOOOOO dead.

Ching grinned widely, stepping up to Zara's side. "Don't you hit my wife, Kal. I'm warning you."
Oh, gosh! Zara's pregnant!

"I'm warning you," Ching said again, quickly grabbing some snow and forming it into a ball. He bounced it lightly in the palm of his hand.
Yep, because otherwise he's just saying that his wife couldn't defend herself in a snowball fight, which of course would anger Lois into defending Zara (and Zara, of course defending herself) and the two men (Ching and Kal, Jai of course, siding with the women because he knows where his bread is buttered) would end up being buried alive in snow to prove them wrong. So, Zara's preggers! clap

"You'll have to go through me to get to Kal," she offered, stepping before her husband.
No, no, no, Lois. You stand BEHIND Kal. He makes a much better shield.

Ching considered for a moment. "That's fine by me," he grinned. "I bet you throw like a girl anyway."

"Hey!" Lois said, in mock indignation at Ching's gentle teasing.

No offense had been meant, she knew, and so she took none. She was all too familiar with Ching's sense of humor.
Yep, clone.

The snowball exploded against his chest half a second before he slipped. He went down hard, landing on his backside in the snow.
Tonight, on KUN (Krypton Uthor News), first family at war with each other. Heir apparant injured in battle; the Spare and his wife arrested for the attack and for coup attempt. Apparently, Ching's sister-in-law has been using her womanly ways to convince her husband to turn against his family. Bastard son caught in the middle. News at 11.

"You've got better aim than Kal. Not that that's all that difficult, mind you."
"Really, Ching? And who won the drei tournament?"
"Me, idiot! I'm not stupid enough to fight against Nor for some medal and a week's worth of coin. Apparently, you are."

"Guys, guys, can't we all just get along?" Jai said dramatically, stepping in between his two older brothers.
Oh, Jai! [Linked Image] And we liked you, too. Bye.

"No!" the four said with one voice.

Four snowballs struck Jai. One took him in the chest, another in the legs, another in the middle of his back, and the last in the back of his head. That was all that it took. An all out war ensued. There were no alliances. It was every man for himself, one lone warrior facing four powerful foes out in a frozen wonderland.
clap

At one point, Kal found himself under attack from all four of the others. He wasn't quite sure how that had happened, and he muttered good-humoredly about the unfairness of the situation.
Oh, so it's fair when it happens to Jai, but when it happens to you, Kal... [Linked Image]

It was so loosely packed together that it began to break apart in mid-flight. Kal started to make fun of it, but then became glad that it had been structurally weak as it whacked him in the face. His open mouth was instantly filled with snow. The finger he'd been pointing at her with drooped in defeat.
Great job, Lois, you made his finger droop. [Linked Image] You *like* that finger. You NEED that finger. And now you've made it all droopy. Hope it was worth it.

Lois was standing not more than ten feet away, her hand to her mouth in genuine horror.
Yep, she's just realized what droopy finger means. Books again tonight.

As quick as lightning, Lois scooped up a handful and shoved it down the neck of Kal's coat.
Well, since she's not getting any that night anyway...

"That was awesome," he said with a smile.
Thank you, Jimmy... uh, Jai.

"And proper young ladies don't roll around in the snow," Kal sighed, unhappily giving his best guess as to what Samm's words had been.
Proper young ladies are BORING!

Kal shook his head and his fists balled, independent of his conscious mind. He gritted his teeth, effectively biting back the scathing comment against Samm that was burning on his tongue. The muscle in his jaw ticked. Lois did not miss that, and she moved to Kal's side. She rubbed his arm soothingly.
Oh, Kal, knock it off. We were all having a good time and you have to get all serious.

"No, it isn't," Kal growled. "Lois, since the moment I started to learn about you, your father's actions have bothered me. It isn't right that he tried so hard to stifle your nature."
Then why don't you mention it to SAMM before he ruins Luci too?

Droplets of melted snow dripped from their clothing, leaving behind small pools on the marble floors; a visible trail of their passing.
And, of course, no thought for a) the next person to walk down said marble hall and slip and fall to death's door, and b) the people who have to clean up said marble floor. It's great being royal.

Lois and Kal snuggled together on the couch, clutching steaming cups of hot chocolate.
See, reading, right?

The next morning, Kal awoke before Lois. He groaned as he rolled from his back to his side. It was so tempting to just close his eyes and go back to sleep. He didn't want to leave the warmth of the blankets, nor did he want to leave Lois' side. But, he had a plan to stick to.
Must be Monday, time to listen to complaints.

Three hours later, he was still going strong, though he was nearly finished with his task. He hummed various tunes as he worked, ascending and descending the ladder with ease, as if his body knew no fatigue.
Hey, Kal, I hear on Earth you could do that in like 10 seconds and go straight back to bed.

The prince had been climbing the ladder again. Lois' voice took him off guard. He missed the next step, lost his balance, and fell.
Great. [Linked Image] She broke him.

Breaking here because otherwise WAY too long for one FDK...

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Part 2 - FDK

He rubbed his lower back and backside absently.
Guess no going back to bed, now. :rolleyes:

The room was completely bedecked in snowflakes of every size and shape. Some were made of crystal, others of colored glass of every hue. Strings of multicolored lights hung about the room.
Awwwwwwwwwwwww. He decorated.

Lois nodded as old memories surfaced. "I think when I was really young, my father used to decorate. Not as elaborate as this, of course. A few lights here. A couple of snowflakes there." She gestured absently. "But then he got so focused on his work that traditions like this one fell to the wayside. Mom was always too tipsy to climb any ladders. After a while, I guess I just sort of forgot about it. And since Dad was always too busy to take us into the city to see the displays and join in the festivities, it's never been big on my list of priorities."
Gee, Lois, sucks to be you. ANY happy memories from your youth (besides face planting your sister with the snowball)?

"You give gifts to the cats?" Lois asked, surprised. She looked at Kal as though he'd suddenly sprouted a second head.

Kal chuckled. "Well, sure! They're people too."

"You are one weird guy, Kal-El."
[Linked Image] Luckily, it works for him.

"I've never really felt that way," Lois said in a small voice.

Kal crossed the room and cupped her cheek with one hand. He gently tilted her head to look up at him. "That's because you've never celebrated it with me," he assured her. He kissed her lightly on the lips.

"I'm already starting to like this holiday a little more," Lois said as their lips parted, her eyes still closed.
Hmmmmm. That finger must be feeling better.

Oh, we have more responsibilities than any other noble house, but we're exactly the same in every other way.
You mean, responsibilities like NOT teaching your daughters to do anything remotely fun?

As they wandered through the crowds, Jor-El took his leave of his children. He waded through the mass of people, seeking out his old friends. Kal glimpsed his father starting up a conversation with Lux Uthor, Jen Mai, and Lord Ra, Zara's esteemed father.
I didn't catch this on the first reading, but now: [Linked Image] It was Jor-El! He did this to his family to make a man out of Kal!

Four times now, Zara had miscarried early into her pregnancies. One pregnancy had actually proven itself to be filled with hope and promise until it ended in a stillborn son born months too early. It broke Kal's heart to know of the pain that Ching and his wife harbored in their hearts.
mecry Zara! Ching!

Kal's mouth watered at some of the delectable odors that hung thickly in the frigid air. He purchased sample-sized portions at a number of the vendors, both because he desired to taste as much as he could, and so as to not favor one common merchant over another.
You can take the man off Earth but you can't take away his super appetite.

For a long time, Ruce A'ne walked with them. Lois noted to herself that the young man was very much like Kal and his brothers. It was no wonder that they had become such close friends. And yet, she had to admit that he was more like Ching than like Kal.
Serious? Or bad luck with his wife in the children department?

Zara began to tremble a little in the cold. Ching lovingly wrapped his arms about her, but it didn't seem to be enough. Lois pressed into Kal's side and he held her tightly.
Oooh, I know what would warm up these ladies! No, not that! Get your mind out of the gutter. Heat-Vision, of course. DUH! Oh, wait, they're on Krypton. Never mind. Gutter it is... <<break for romantic interlude>>

"I think this calls for some hot chocolate," he replied with a grin.
Or that.

Meanwhile, the crowd's attention was riveted to a raised stage that stood some thirty feet above the ground. At the stroke of ten, spotlights clicked on, illuminating the metal causeways and multi-tiered platforms. A roar of excitement swirled through the gathered mass of bodies. A peal of an electric guitar rang out, inciting the crowd even further.
Calvin! Oh, my God! It's the Daily Planet Charitable carnival and there's no Superman to save Calvin! He's going to go mecry We were going to have a romantic interlude! What is it with Kryptonians and interrupting the path of true love?

Kal, meanwhile, had finished obtaining the hot chocolate that he'd left to get. He heard the change in the screams and began to rush back towards where his family was...
Yep, Super hearing does has its advantages.

Finally, he reached the spot were Lois and the rest of his family had been. They were gone. Ruce was starting to come to, miraculously not trampled by the crowd. Kal dropped the tray he was holding. Hot chocolate exploded in every direction as the cups hit the ground. He ignored it, though some splashed onto his pants and burned his skin. He bent down and helped Ruce to his feet.
It was Tempus! He's taken them through a time/space window to 1993 Metropolis, New Troy, Earth! [Linked Image] Kal-El will never find them, Jor-El will have a heart attack and die, Kal-El will be given the throne, but not really want it without Ching, Jai, and Lois (and Zara, too, might as well throw her in too). The Uthor family will convince the Elders that the El family (especially Kal) isn't noble enough to rule and make a run for the ruling family. [Linked Image] Kal, Marte, and Jon will get kicked out and sent to live in a shack on a small parcial of land and fend for themselves.

Wow! This is a depressing story. Hmmmm. Maybe we should go with your plot bunny instead.

Something glittering on the ground caught Kal's eye. He bent again and retrieved it.

Lois' necklace; the chain snapped.
OH, no! Lois has left Kal on purpose and ran off with D'Niel S'dino! She proved it by discarding the necklace. Alas, poor Kal is heartbroken again. [Linked Image]

Let me know when it's safe to read your story again... Like on Thurs... er.... Fri... Sat... Okay, you've got to up your posting schedule! [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
Oh, dear! Hold on! It is beginning!

Vicki, you are a very bad girl. You weren't content to just play with Kal & Lois & Fasa. You needed some excitement, hmmmmm? Well, now we're in trouble. And its all your fault! (Wipe that grin off your face. You are too proud of sneaking this in on us, aren't you?)

Well, I kinda feel sorry for Nor. He doesn't know he has a tiger by the tail. She's capable of slashing his face and other places, and leaving him without his turn to leave a mark on her. Lois has been getting ready for this fight her whole life, and here it is!

Okay, Vicki, you're in charge of this mess. I can't wait until the tables turn and it is Nor and his group that get the snot beat out of them. I'm sure you have Lois' fingernails all sharpened for this fight. SO, bring it on!

Still having fun with this one.
Pat
Hi, Pat! wave

<attempts to wipe grin off face, fails miserably>

Yeah, I'll admit to being proud of that one - making you believe for most of the chapter that all is well. That's just the kind of writer that I am. devil

Why should my muse be content just to mess with the handle of characters that I have? Although, I never initially planned on an A-plot in this story. It just sort of happened. :p

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KenJ:
<strong> Vicki,

You are a truly evil person. evil

You lulled us into a false sense of security. Obviously months have passed in peace, harmony and love and now -WHAM! shock

Okay, is Ruce A'ne going to show the same abilities as a detective as Bruce Wayne? devil

Glad I could lull you into a false sense of security before pulling the trigger on some A-plot! laugh

Ruce will be around. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I'm back, refreshed and hopefully 100% less snarky.
Welcome back! wave

Now, that I've had all night to think about it, I've decided the men weren't Nor... It's D'Niel S'dino! He's pissed, he's lost his Hawaiian shirt, and he didn't get his chance at Lois (no accounting for taste). He's somehow convinced the Kryptonian Enforcement Group (KEG) that the first family has actually been drugging the peasants into thinking that Jor-El is the end-all be-all. Of course, he might have some bad data from an unnamed source <<cough>> Uthor family <<cough>> But it's Dan... er... D'Niel, all the way!
<laughs, tea climbs up nose, scalding nasal passages>

clap

Oh, Jai! And we liked you, too. Bye.
<waves sadly at poor, soon to be murdered Jai>

Oh, so it's fair when it happens to Jai, but when it happens to you, Kal...
laugh

Great job, Lois, you made his finger droop. You *like* that finger. You NEED that finger. And now you've made it all droopy. Hope it was worth it.
Luckily, he had nine others. wink

Yep, she's just realized what droopy finger means. Books again tonight.
Luckily, it's *just* a finger. wink

Well, since she's not getting any that night anyway...
Oh dear.

Thank you, Jimmy... uh, Jai.
He says that you are welcome.

Proper young ladies are BORING!
Yep. Which is why Kal hates them. Probably just lay there in bed too without participating.

Oh, Kal, knock it off. We were all having a good time and you have to get all serious.
<whacks the seriousness out of Kal with a snowball>

Then why don't you mention it to SAMM before he ruins Luci too?
<points to last chapter>

He did.

And, of course, no thought for a) the next person to walk down said marble hall and slip and fall to death's door, and b) the people who have to clean up said marble floor. It's great being royal.
Oh my! clap

See, reading, right?
Ah, but the night was stiill young.

Must be Monday, time to listen to complaints.
Even on Krypton, Mondays suck.

Hey, Kal, I hear on Earth you could do that in like 10 seconds and go straight back to bed.
And that's doing it at a leisurely pace!

Great. She broke him.
laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwwwwwwwww. He decorated.
Can you tell that I planned out this chapter when I was putting lights on my Christmas tree? wink

Gee, Lois, sucks to be you. ANY happy memories from your youth (besides face planting your sister with the snowball)?
<whistles innocently>

Luckily, it works for him.
laugh

Hmmmmm. That finger must be feeling better.
*Everything* is feeling better. laugh

You mean, responsibilities like NOT teaching your daughters to do anything remotely fun?
whinging

You can take the man off Earth but you can't take away his super appetite.
laugh

Serious? Or bad luck with his wife in the children department?
Why so serious?

Oooh, I know what would warm up these ladies! No, not that! Get your mind out of the gutter. Heat-Vision, of course. DUH! Oh, wait, they're on Krypton. Never mind. Gutter it is... <<break for romantic interlude>>
<snorts a laugh>

Thank goodness I am home all alone while reading this. Hubby would be concerned for my mental health.

Calvin! Oh, my God! It's the Daily Planet Charitable carnival and there's no Superman to save Calvin! He's going to go . No big loss, but still Lois is going to get blood on her. And nothing ruins a good romantic interlude than some poor schmoe's blood.
eek I hadn't thought of that! I was channeling the Trans Siberian Orchestra here, honestly. (Caff, in the next chapter, is modeled after Chris Caffrey, the lead guitarist.)

Editor-in-Chief of the Daily Planet - Kryptonian edition and part-time yodeler.
huh

No, No, No, No! We were going to have a romantic interlude! What is it with Kryptonians and interrupting the path of true love?
They are all related to Jai somehow?

It was Tempus! He's taken them through a time/space window to 1993 Metropolis, New Troy, Earth! Kal-El will never find them, Jor-El will have a heart attack and die, Kal-El will be given the throne, but not really want it without Ching, Jai, and Lois (and Zara, too, might as well throw her in too). The Uthor family will convince the Elders that the El family (especially Kal) isn't noble enough to rule and make a run for the ruling family. Kal, Marte, and Jon will get kicked out and sent to live in a shack on a small parcial of land and fend for themselves.

Wow! This is a depressing story. Hmmmm. Maybe we should go with your plot bunny instead.
OMG! Too great!!!

OH, no! Lois has left Kal on purpose and ran off with D'Niel S'dino! She proved it by discarding the necklace. Alas, poor Kal is heartbroken again.
I'm evil. Not sadistic. wink

Let me know when it's safe to read your story again... Like on Thurs... er.... Fri... Sat... Okay, you've got to up your posting schedule!
<rubs hands together like an evil overlord>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Columnist
Columnist
Oooooooh manz! Things just got real!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Oooooooh manz! Things just got real!
laugh Thanks! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
help

I know: HELP SUPERCAT!! I'm sure Fasa would be very cute with a red cape.

Please, post soon! Very soon !!

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
help

I know: HELP SUPERCAT!! I'm sure Fasa would be very cute with a red cape.

Please, post soon! Very soon !!

wave
laugh

Must...resist...urge...to...dress...cat...in...cape.

Soon, very soon you will see who did such a deed...and more importantly, why. smile Thanks for sticking with it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Soon, very soon you will see who did such a deed...and more importantly, why
Very soon? What about today?

And I just noticed something:

As they wandered through the crowds, Jor-El took his leave of his children. He waded through the mass of people, seeking out his old friends. Kal glimpsed his father starting up a conversation with Lux Uthor, Jen Mai, and Lord Ra, Zara's esteemed father.
Jor-El is friend with Lux Uthor? And it was just before the attack. I thought that Jor-El was a good guy. But may be, he is not: he killed Lara when Kal was a child and now he wants Lois, his son's wife? Why not?

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow.

I was wondering why Ching and Zara did not have any children. Apparently they have been married quite awhile and have suffered the heartache of unrealized expectations.

I knew this the build up to this event meant something! What was supposed to be a simple family outing, has turned to tragedy.

So the question comes to mind. What happens to the Family Royal now? Everyone has been captured except Kal.

Ruce was left behind? Why do I get the impression that was a big mistake on Nor's part?

Waiting for the next installment. hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard