Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In honor of the Kerth awards tonight, I'm posting this chapter a few hours early. Enjoy! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Columnist
Columnist
And WHAT a chapter!

They're so cute and awkward. Sooooo how long until little mini prince/princess? lol

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
And WHAT a chapter!

They're so cute and awkward. Sooooo how long until little mini prince/princess? lol
laugh Thank you! But I'm keeping my mouth zipped about any potiential Kal and Lois Jrs. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Blogger
Blogger
Great way to usher in the Kerths........loved it!!!
I hope they are not moving too fast...wait.....they are married.
I just don't want this to back fire...tell me it won't.
thumbsup

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Janedoe23:
Great way to usher in the Kerths........loved it!!!
I hope they are not moving too fast...wait.....they are married.
I just don't want this to back fire...tell me it won't.
thumbsup
Thanks, Janedoe! smile Nope, no back firing here. I may be an evil author, but I'm not quite *that* evil. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, Kal fell in love with his wife one day, kissed her under the stars the next day, and got to move into her bed that same day. Sounds like the beginnings of a love story. I like the gentle flow of this story, where no one is pushing the other for an unwanted advance. It seems both of them are ready for the next step, whatever that is.

Fasa now has a mom. I think that they will make a wonderful family. (If this keeps moving as fast as it is, Fasa will also have a little brother or sister soon.)

Still enjoying this one!!!!
Pat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
Well, Kal fell in love with his wife one day, kissed her under the stars the next day, and got to move into her bed that same day. Sounds like the beginnings of a love story. I like the gentle flow of this story, where no one is pushing the other for an unwanted advance. It seems both of them are ready for the next step, whatever that is.

Fasa now has a mom. I think that they will make a wonderful family. (If this keeps moving as fast as it is, Fasa will also have a little brother or sister soon.)

Still enjoying this one!!!!
Pat
Thanks so much, Pat! Glad that you like the flow of things. Kal's a pretty lucky guy all of a sudden. smile And so is Fasa - no more having to sleep on top of his daddy on the couch!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, just one question before I go on about how sweet this part was, we're keeping Lux Uther tied up to a tree for the foreseeable future, right? Because, I can totally see Kal falls for Lois, Lois falls for Kal and then ker-pow! Lux figures out away to annul the marriage, or convinces Samm that he'd be a better husband or something, and she gets jerked out of the palace, and poor Kal will think she's come to her senses (or that the clone will die or something) because I need to know in advance if I need to put on a seatbelt to avoid whiplash or anything. 'K? goofy

No weariness showed on his face, though she thought that surely he must be getting tired. He'd been up and about longer than she had been.
That's because his super powers came from his noble blue blood, not his Kryptonian planet. But, you see, Lois, your blood is just lesser noble red, so no super stamina for you.

Jor-El had only smiled and happily had one of the bottles retrieved from the wine cellar.
So, that's where he got his love of fine wine.

The moment I first saw you, when you walked down that aisle towards me, I thought you were the most beautiful woman on all of Krypton. And I knew, in that same instant, that I wanted us to get along. I knew that I would do whatever I could to make you happy.
Even consummate this marriage. I had never thought about consummating before, personally it never interested me. But after I saw you, I thought "woo-hoo! Zowie! I'm a man; she's a woman. Let me draw her a diagram!" So, how about it, honey, shall I draw you a picture? laugh

But you...you've treated me like a true person, for who I actually am. You've...encouraged me...to be who I really am, not who society says I should be. You've opened up my whole life for me, in a way that I'd given up hope could ever happen. Thank you for that. And for giving me another chance to make things right between us
Do you think we'll still be able to consummate our marriage after I hit you so many times below the belt with that green studded 2x4? 'Cause if not, I hear tonight Catria's night off and Jai...

"I will spend the rest of my life proving to you how special you are. I..."
I cannot believe you said that about Jai?! Do you know how many concubines he's been with? Please! Papa-El had to send him to see your father to cure the last one. I heard it was a really bad rash... That's why I've been showering here instead of at the gym lately. :p

"What is it, Kal?"

"Nothing." He was grateful for the darkness that hid his blush.

"Please?"
"Oh, Lois, you rock my world!"
"Ugh, Kal, this is only our first date. Needy, much?"

"Scare me?" she repeated. "I've been blindly thrown into a marriage. I've had to leave behind everything and everyone that I knew. And I've survived that. I don't think anything could possibly scare me now."
Um... Yes... I could tell you I love you and you could run to the hill screaming.

"Lois, I think...I know...I've spent the day falling in love with you."
[Linked Image]

"I think that I spent the day doing the same thing," she finally said
thumbsup Best to move back to star gazing, out on the lawn, drinking wine... *nothing* there speaks of romance. wink

She, too, lowered herself to lay upon the blanket.
Blanket? Blanket? Lois, have you SEEN your husband's broad chest? Oh, right, you haven't. Oh, wait, there was that one time you spied him down in the gym. So, girl! The Blanket? Really?

But I can tell you almost everything that he knows about Earth
Apparently, they like let women vote, ride horses, work, feed fish, divorce, it's like Utopia!

"You and your father...don't get along, do you?"
Really, Kal? Understatement of the year, much?

I used to wish that I could find a ship that would send me to that planet just to get away from life here on Krypton.
Hmmmm. Now, there's a story. What if baby Lois had been sent to Earth from a dying Krypton and raised by the Kents? And she grew up to be super powered. (I wouldn't want to be Jonathan Kent with a super-powered teenage girl going through PMS, though.) And if Clark born to be the son Sam always wanted. What would their life have been like? Lois Kent meets Clark Lane?

End of Part 1 FDK...

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Part 2 - FDK

"Otherwise, I would have been robbed of the opportunity to get to know you."
Oh, don't worry, your soul would have followed her across the galaxy. It would have exploded Krypton to achieve it, but it would still happen.

He pointed all of these constellations out, as well as some of the lesser stars that ruled the night sky.
And these are the lesser noble stars. This one we call Lola, she's been married off to Fasa and plans on killing him until she realizes what a sweet, innocent man he is. It's her whipping him that turned him into a hero.

With his free hand, he reached out to Lois. Fingertips met and heat was kindled. Lois' smaller, slender hand slipped into Kal's large one, and their fingers entangled of their own accord. Both smiled at the effortless contact and at how right it felt.
Awwwww.

"It's so beautiful," Lois commented after a time.

"I know," Kal agreed.
Um... Isn't he supposed to say this line looking at Lois?

"Is it always like this? My father never allowed Luci or I out of doors after dark, except for rare, special occasions."
Kal to Sam = [Linked Image]

"Wild child?" Kal tore his gaze from the sky and looked at Lois. One eyebrow was arched in skepticism.
Really? Skepticism?

When I was twelve, my dad invited your father to our house to share some research data. He called me in to say hello, figuring that your dad would be interested to see how his future daughter-in-law was doing. I'd decided that it was a fine day for climbing trees. I'd gotten a little stuck on the way down and tore my clothes. I think I even had twigs and leaves sticking out of my hair. I must have horrified your father.
Hmmmm. Didn't Jor-El describe Lois to Kal as "Sweet"? I didn't realize how devious Jor-El really was. He knew he was rescuing Lois from an unhappy life, didn't he?

"Oh, there might still be a few that will continue until dawn, but the main attraction is over, so to speak. Are you ready to head back inside?"
Oh, honey, the main attraction is waiting for you back inside.

Being apart from her, even by a scant few inches, set an aching, longing feeling in his heart.
Oooooh, Lois, Kal wants you. Oh, right, Duh!

Not two days ago, he'd felt like his marriage had ended his life, destroyed his happiness, with no chance of ever reclaiming the person that he was. But now, he could not imagine his life without the woman at his side.
Aren't clones great?

Kal quickly put away the items that he carried, while Lois prepared herself for bed. She rejoined him in the living room, where he was tapping away at his computer.
Can we say, delaying tactics...?

A mischievous grin overtook Lois' mouth and eyes. "I'll bet it is! 'Dear Diary, today I kissed my wife.'"
Dear diary, tonight Lois let me kiss her! Jai's right, this is awesome! I'm so glad I'm not a virgin anymore. I wonder if Lois will let me kiss her again tomorrow. Gee, I hope that all this kissing doesn't foretell a visit of the stork next month. Because that would be such a bummer; now that Lois and I getting along so well. I hear babies are really distracting to wives. But, hey, that's what royal wet-nurses and nannies are for, right?

"Watch it. Or I might have to do it again," Kal mock threatened.

"I might have to let you," Lois replied, her brown eyes twinkling.

"Be careful what you wish for."

"Oh, believe me, I am," she almost purred.
I love the banter, but Kal, your wife just told you to kiss her and you're still typing away on the computer! Hello, your Dear Penthouse letters can wait. You know what your wife's like when she doesn't get her way...

Lois came to his side and placed one warm hand on the bare flesh of his arm. Kal stopped dead in his tracks. He looked questioningly at his wife.
Kal, she waaaaaannnnnts you.

"Making up my bed," he answered, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world, though confusion clung to the edges of his words as well.
thumbsup

He'd been silently dreading spending the night in a whole different room from her.
Doesn't he mean "another night"? Oh, wait, those first 3 months he *relished* the extra space between them. I forgot. Never mind.

His energy was fading fast, and he looked forward to climbing into the familiar comfort of his own bed.
Why do these sound like contradictory phrases?

He wished he could stay awake all night, basking in the warm, happy feelings that had replaced all of his prior sadness and despair, and which had suffused his body with a joy that he'd never known was possible.
Awwww. And THAT's the only reason he wanted to stay awake? Didn't Jor-El remember to give him *the* talk? Surely Jai or Ching did? Jonath did? Someone? Yikes, Kal's broken!

Sweet and romantic, DC. Sorry about all my snarky comments. I'm in a snarky mood. evil So, what's going to happen to disturb all this peace and quiet? Sudden Earthquakes? Core dissentigration requiring Lois and Kal to send their first born child to Earth to be raised by those wild, peasants who respect women's rights?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Once more, I have to follow Virginia’s FDK goofy

Kal looked up and shut the lid as Lois approached.

"What were you writing?" she asked, genuinely curious.

"Just...some personal stuff."
Oh really, Kal?

A mischievous grin overtook Lois' mouth and eyes. "I'll bet it is! 'Dear Diary, today I kissed my wife.'"
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, just one question before I go on about how sweet this part was, we're keeping Lux Uther tied up to a tree for the foreseeable future, right?
<whistles innocently>

Because, I can totally see Kal falls for Lois, Lois falls for Kal and then ker-pow! Lux figures out away to annul the marriage, or convinces Samm that he'd be a better husband or something, and she gets jerked out of the palace, and poor Kal will think she's come to her senses (or that the clone will die or something)
Nope, nothing like that.

because I need to know in advance if I need to put on a seatbelt to avoid whiplash or anything. 'K?
I'll admit to nothing! laugh

(And, yes, I am that evil of an author.)
Horray for evilness!

[QUOTESo, this is still their first date? Wow, Kal pulling out all strings here! This is one gangbusters of a date, scheduling a meteor shower and everything. It's good to marry a prince.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, still their first date. Does Kal had good timing or what?

That's because his super powers came from his noble blue blood, not his Kryptonian planet. But, you see, Lois, your blood is just lesser noble red, so no super stamina for you.
<watchs as Lois huffs in annoyance and downs a fifth cup of coffee>

Even consummate this marriage. I had never thought about consummating before, personally it never interested me. But after I saw you, I thought "woo-hoo! Zowie! I'm a man; she's a woman. Let me draw her a diagram!" So, how about it, honey, shall I draw you a picture?
clap

Do you think we'll still be able to consummate our marriage after I hit you so many times below the belt with that green studded 2x4? 'Cause if not, I hear tonight Catria's night off and Jai...
huh

Oh, so *this* was how Krypton really exploded. Gotcha!
Oh my, we really have an obssession with making Krypton go boom, don't we? laugh

[Linked Image]

Now, he *fully* understand what Jai's been talking about for the last 6 years! Hmmmm. Maybe he should listen to little bro more often.
<watchs Jai collect a considerably bet>

Yeah, because after a kiss like that, the last thing one wants to do, is more kissing like that. Best to move back to star gazing, out on the lawn, drinking wine... *nothing* there speaks of romance.
[Linked Image]

Blanket? Blanket? Lois, have you SEEN your husband's broad chest? Oh, right, you haven't. Oh, wait, there was that one time you spied him down in the gym. So, girl! The Blanket? Really?
<Points to Virginia's siggy>

Apparently, they like let women vote, ride horses, work, feed fish, divorce, it's like Utopia!
<watchs Lois and Kal rush inside to pack their bags>

Really, Kal? Understatement of the year, much?
Making small talk.

Hmmmm. Now, there's a story. What if baby Lois had been sent to Earth from a dying Krypton and raised by the Kents? And she grew up to be super powered. (I wouldn't want to be Jonathan Kent with a super-powered teenage girl going through PMS, though.) And if Clark born to be the son Sam always wanted. What would their life have been like? Lois Kent meets Clark Lane?
Oh Lord! I'm guessing that there are fics out there like that though...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Part 2 - FDK
Just a pause to say that I really love and appreciate such detailed feedback that it means that people are needing multiple posts to fit it all in. [Linked Image]

Oh, don't worry, your soul would have followed her across the galaxy. It would have exploded Krypton to achieve it, but it would still happen.
clap Well, Marthe *is* still around to help with royal babies...

I love the banter, but Kal, your wife just told you to kiss her and you're still typing away on the computer! Hello, your Dear Penthouse letters can wait. You know what your wife's like when she doesn't get her way...
laugh

Kal, she waaaaaannnnnts you.
[Linked Image]

Oooh...I found a smilie for Jai!

[Linked Image]

Wrong answer. Okay, Lois, spell it out for him, using really short words...
You. Bedroom. Strip. Now. ????

Well, without all that yucky consummating stuff.
<whistles innocently>

But... But... But I drew you a diagram!
And showed you the websites!!!

Um... Lois, maybe Kal's the one feeling the pressure right now. I mean if he thinks *he's* the one pressuring you, when you suggest he sleep with you. Maybe *he's* not ready to take the next step.
Sarcasm aside, neither one are really ready for that step yet.

A moment?! You meant he hesitated? He had to *think* it over? "Maybe it's just some elaborate plan to suffocate me in my sleep? Maybe she wants to trick me into marrying her by compromising her virtue. Oh, wait, we're already married." Okay, then.
Unless he winds up offending her in the morning by seeming...eager, thanks to natural phenominom?

Doesn't he mean "another night"? Oh, wait, those first 3 months he *relished* the extra space between them. I forgot. Never mind.
laugh

Why do these sound like contradictory phrases?
cool

Awwww. And THAT's the only reason he wanted to stay awake? Didn't Jor-El remember to give him *the* talk? Surely Jai or Ching did? Jonath did? Someone? Yikes, Kal's broken!
Dang! Someone get the suer-glue and put Kal back together again!

Actually, sarcasm aside, having them hop right into a physical relationship would have cheapened things. One of the things that I love best about Lois and Clark's relationship is the underpining friendship they developed first (regardless of the fact that Clark fell in love with her at first sight). So um, it will be a bit before them cross that line.

Sweet and romantic, DC. Sorry about all my snarky comments. I'm in a snarky mood.
Not a problem! I love how hilarious your feedback has been!

So, what's going to happen to disturb all this peace and quiet? Sudden Earthquakes? Core dissentigration requiring Lois and Kal to send their first born child to Earth to be raised by those wild, peasants who respect women's rights?
evil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Umm… I do believe Lois kicking Kal in the pants would hamper things from progressing to the happy ending.
Thus ended the line of El, as Kal became a eunich.

“You. Me. Sex. Now.”
[Linked Image]

He’s a bit slow right now because his brain’s currently anemic?
clap

/chokes at implied metaphor of this scene/
<nearly chokes on tea in response>

Translation: “Lois, the fact that you’re willing to come within arm’s reach of me means the world to me. I’m completely whipped.”
clap

I *knew* it. He does like them boyz.
Nope. :p Just not going around smooching boring women.

What if he had bad breath? What if she didn’t like the taste of the chili burrito stuffed with garlic he had had while at Jai’s?
I TOLD him to use mouthwash before his date!!!

Now, imagine he had done that after Lois threw her pendant at him. Just grabbed her, and kissed her like that. Either, he’d still be looking for certain, previously non-detachable body parts, or they’d have taken quite the shortcut.
Or both. [Linked Image]

Really, Kal. Fasa never showed up at home with a female companion?
Only his sister. And ewwwww...

Yep, Jor-El’s gonna be waiting a *loooong* time for grandkids. Well, aside from the litter Jai left him in the caretakers’ dormitory.
<pictures cardboard box full of mini-Jais>

Oooooooh! Also, there’ve been a lot of stories with a Kryptonian Lois. Well, some stories. There’s The Girl Next Door. And there’s CarolM’s Backwards series for a Lois that grew up with the Kents. And… Others?
Knew there had to be some fics like that out there.

/images Kal showing up to find his birthwife. Only to find out she’s engaged and in love with Call Me Daniel/ Can you say ‘awkward’?
[Linked Image]

/waits for one to smash into the palace/
<chokes, tea creeps up nose>

/waits for one to smash into the palace/
[Linked Image]

/
imagines Lois saying the same thing later in a different setting/
evil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You. Bedroom. Strip. Now. ????
[...]
Unless he winds up offending her in the morning by seeming...eager, thanks to natural phenominom?
Is this a case of me having corrupted innocent author or did you get to my FDK before starting to FDK-FDK? smile1

Thus ended the line of El, as Kal became a eunich.
Yes. Only little Crystals are going to be running around now in the future. Crystal is the bastard name on Krypton, isn't it?

I'd hate to be the servant doing *that* pile of laundry!
Well, I figure with Jai running amok, what's the difference?

Kal: "Huh? Wha? I was too busy staring at your...never mind. Right. The stars."
He was looking at her stars?

Depends on how rare the item is though...
Bitchy concubine. Very rare. Bitchy concubine that actually looks better than a dog's rear? Almost unheard of. Thus, Lois must be worth a fortune.

Well, he didn't kill her or drive her back home and dumped her on her parents' doorstep...
/imagines Kal/ "I could have *done* that? Next time, I'll not listen to Jai when he tells me to skip Trey's lessons on obscure laws."

Only his sister. And ewwwww...
What? It works great for big cats. You know, lions.

<pictures cardboard box full of mini-Jais>
/imagines Pet Bael showing up at the palace with just such a box once every month.

Knew there had to be some fics like that out there.
/slaps head/ And an MLT one, too. Well, three. Three that are one. The One. Umm... Wrong fandom. I mean, there's a three-parter: 'A Matter of Destiny'.

They'll just have to move.
And thus the mystery of the love-suites got started...

And two days later, Kal comes home to find that Jai has hijacked his entire computer and deleted all nine of his level 85 Warcraft characters.
Nah. Lois. The whole marriage thing was a trick on her part so she could finally beat Superlord_143. Poor girl, she had nothing to do her entire adolescence expect playing WoW.

Good thing she's not a *proper* young woman!
Which likely means all talk, no action.

Sorry
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow the comments here were almost as fun as the story. I really loved this chapter. It was so romantic and sweet. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
One of my favorite chapters here--so nice to see some sweet, tender scenes after the problems that beset poor Clark in the earlier chapters. twins

Love the slow pacing that allows them to fall in love with each other without pressuring for more too soon. Even if their marriage was arranged, it's nice to see them taking their relationship at their own pace.

Love the first kiss and the star-gazing!

Great job as always, Deadly! smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is this a case of me having corrupted innocent author or did you get to my FDK before starting to FDK-FDK?
This assumes that I was ever an innocent author. But I thought of this before reading your feedback, but didn't write it until after reading yours.

Yes. Only little Crystals are going to be running around now in the future. Crystal is the bastard name on Krypton, isn't it?
Only for that particular area. In other parts, there are other names. Trell in the south. Rinak in th north.

Well, I figure with Jai running amok, what's the difference?
All boils down to the absolute certainity of what things have been exposed to. :p

He was looking at her stars?
evil

Bitchy concubine. Very rare. Bitchy concubine that actually looks better than a dog's rear? Almost unheard of. Thus, Lois must be worth a fortune.
She's priceless! rotflol

What? It works great for big cats. You know, lions.
Yeah...still no.

/imagines Pet Bael showing up at the palace with just such a box once every month.
lol

Nah. Lois. The whole marriage thing was a trick on her part so she could finally beat Superlord_143. Poor girl, she had nothing to do her entire adolescence expect playing WoW.
So *she's* Loud_Mouth_85????

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Wow the comments here were almost as fun as the story. I really loved this chapter. It was so romantic and sweet. Laura
Thanks, Laura! I really do love the feedback. It's like a constant comedy show! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
One of my favorite chapters here--so nice to see some sweet, tender scenes after the problems that beset poor Clark in the earlier chapters.
Thanks, Anti-K! I'm *so* glad that as my beta, you didn't kill me over the early chapters...or run for the hills! laugh

Love the slow pacing that allows them to fall in love with each other without pressuring for more too soon. Even if their marriage was arranged, it's nice to see them taking their relationship at their own pace.
Thanks. Glad to know that you approve. smile

Love the first kiss and the star-gazing!
Thanks. I did enjoy myself immensely when I was working on this chapter, I'll admit that. It was actually kind of of hard to write a lot of the earlier stuff with Lois being soooooo mean.

Great job as always, Deadly!
Thanks so much, hun! sloppy

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And thus the mystery of the love-suites got started...
That also explains why Lois never seems to live on the same floor...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard