I know I'm really late on this, but Thanksgiving was Thursday in the US and it was a crazy week for me. At any rate, better late than never. Happy birthday, Sas! Thanks for being a great friend; I hope you had a wonderful day!

~Anna

Lois stood across the street from the familiar Daily Planet, watching Superman give a speech to a crowd of cheering people and the curious press.

But he was not her fiancé. He was not her Superman. This was not even her Daily Planet.

As shocked and terrified as she had been to arrive here, as much trouble as she’d been in during her days here, and as glad as she was to be going home, she would miss this place and these people when she left.

Above anyone else she would miss Clark. She didn’t love him, and she couldn’t wait to get back to her own Clark, but this Clark had become a friend. She worried about him. He was so sad and lonely, and the loss of his anonymity wouldn’t help matters. She only hoped that he could find someone to love in the absence of her counterpart.

She and H.G. Wells climbed into the inter-dimensional transport, and with a flash of electricity, they were gone.

Superman ended the speech soon after she was gone, feeling too lonely to continue his upbeat attitude in front of the public. He turned and walked in to the Daily Planet lobby, ignoring the questions shouted from the throng of reporters.

Perry followed him through the revolving doors and into the elevator. “Clark, there’s something I wanted to talk to you about. You see, I noticed that you and Lois… well, I think she’s your Priscilla, if you know what I mean.”

“Yeah, Perry, I think I do. But it’s complicated. Actually, it’s more than complicated. It’s… impossible.”

“No, son, it’s not.” The elevator dinged and the doors opened. “I think if you just step inside my office, you’ll understand.”

But Clark didn’t have to. He could see her through the glass windows from across the newsroom. Was it possible? He ran over to Perry’s office and flung open the door. There she was, standing in front of him, as real as she could be.

“I… I don’t understand.”

“You see, Clark,” Perry said from behind him. “Lois was never lost in the Congo. She was on a long-term undercover assignment in Russia. When the other Lois showed up acting as if she’d been in the Congo, I was alarmed and called Lois immediately. I later had a very… interesting… conversation with Mr. Wells, and I got the whole story on the other Lois. Then we,” Perry pointed to himself and then to the woman standing before Clark, “decided that it was time for her to come home.”

“So here I am.”

Her sweet voice was music to Clark’s ears. “Here you are.”

He walked over to her, unsure of what her reaction to him would be. His confidence strengthened when she took a step toward him and looked up into his eyes. He leaned down and kissed her, all of his fears melting away in a single touch.

THE END