Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
: Getting To Know You...Getting To Know All About You
Oooh. [Clap] I love that song! (Except *that* king had HOW many wives?)
Well, if he was like King Solomon, as I learned in Sunday school, he had a hundred wives and three hundred porcupines.
laugh

[Linked Image]

What? What? /puts in hearing aids/

Oh wait, that was three hundred CONCUBINES!
rotflol
rotflol
rotflol
rotflol

Way too good!!!!!!!!!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is getting on track to the couple we all know and love!
That's the point! laugh

Its good they had a chance to communicate, tell all their fears and hopes. Lois was trained for years to be his wife. An option to do or be anything else was out of the question for her. No wonder the woman was so frustrated and lashed out at Kal whenever possible.
Exactly. And she wasn't trained to be married to a genuine gentleman either. wink

Thus far the story or progressing nicely.
Thanks! laugh

Are we on Krypton or England? Read the term 'young royals' more than once. Besides the archaic custom of marrying people off to complete strangers this seems like Metropolis.
They are still the royal, ruling house, so I thought "young royals" would be a fitting enough term. smile

Thanks for stopping in! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And with a pulse to boot!
The fiend!

And here I was blaming Lux!
Nah, he'd never do that. Lux replacing Zara, on the other hand...

"I'm not sure at this point what I am apologizing for...but I'm sorry."
Lois: "Good. You should be. Did you buy the formula? What about the baby powder? And why do you smell like you've been to the sport's bar?" wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Great chapter! (Sorry so late on FDK...) Love the progress they're making in their relationship.
As he stood there, appreciating the relief that it brought, another thought occurred to him.
... Regarding showers and "relief"? drool
"So...friends?" Kal asked, sticking his hand out towards Lois.

She took his proffered hand and shook it. "Friends."
laugh It means that Kal would rather a boyish woman to an actual lady. Just a preference. Also explains the concubine situation. And the mishap on your wedding night.
"My father is okay with that, but it drives the Elders absolutely crazy." Kal grinned, and his eyes sparkled. "Add to that fact that Ching and Jai are both like me..."
Thus endeth Krypton.
from what I've seen, they seem sort of...exasperated by you sometimes
Probably leapt for joy when they found out to whom he was betrothed. For once, they found a use for a strong, dominant woman- to reign in the ruling class.
"If it was my decision, the practice would stop altogether. I believe that two people should be faithful to one another when they marry. Of course, I also believe that these arranged marriages should also stop. It isn't right to, for all intents and purposes, sell people in exchange for the chance to better your own social network, or as a way to secure better business dealings. Your father sold you in marriage to try to provide for you. Mine sold me as a way to ensure that Ching lived. In both cases, we paid the price for our fathers' business dealings."
Yeah. That's not going to wind him up in trouble someday. (Suddenly, the next day, Kal-El's body is found drifting in a river.)
"In a very good way. In fact, I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
Friends is good. Friend box? That's dangerous...
"Kal...about that necklace you gave me on our wedding night. What was the real reason you gave it to me?"
"Well, you see, Jai told me about all his experiences with different women, and he usually said it went better with some sort of gift to give them as repayment..."
"If you have pain, why continue to push yourself?"
Only way he knows to deal with marital frustrations...?
"You know, that might be fun to watch.
laugh And even better to participate in.
He has been, ever since he first started as a research assistant before he moved on to becoming a doctor. In fact, he's the one that got your father interested in the planet, from what I understand.
Meanwhile, back on Earth, the citizens are under the thumb of a ruthless alien regime headed up by one Lord Nor...
There's no other woman on Krypton like you, that's for sure."
"WHAT THE HECK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!"
"I'm sorry," Lois said, shaking her head. "You must be exhausted."
/perks up/ Bed time??
Kal watched as Lois moved off to the bedroom.
Still stuck on the couch, I see. Oh well, they're on the right track. Perhaps he won't have much use for that hide-a-bed after all, when all is said and done.
Already he knew that even if she never grew to love him, he had begun falling for her.
Ah, so *here's* the Clark/Kal and Lois we know! Glad to see it's all starting to come together (though I imagine we are far from a happy ending). Can't wait for Thursday's update!

(By the way, I'm not to blame for this odd missing-Sunday deal, am I? Darn it, I should have known better. Biting the hand that feeds me... wallbash Stupid, stupid...)

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nah, he'd never do that. Lux replacing Zara, on the other hand...
clap

He'd fit right in. Lois, too... Wait a second. I've just got an idea for a sequel!
Can't say that my muse hasn't entertained the idea...but probably not. clap

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great chapter! (Sorry so late on FDK...) Love the progress they're making in their relationship.
Hi Mouse! hyper

Meanwhile, back on Earth, the citizens are under the thumb of a ruthless alien regime headed up by one Lord Nor...
evil

Ah, so *here's* the Clark/Kal and Lois we know! Glad to see it's all starting to come together (though I imagine we are far from a happy ending).
Yup, they are finally here! And things will get better from here on out...for most of the story, anyhow. No, I'm not going to explain what I mean by that.

(By the way, I'm not to blame for this odd missing-Sunday deal, am I? Darn it, I should have known better. Biting the hand that feeds me... Stupid, stupid...)
Nope, not you. The holiday. I wasn't sure if I would have time to post on Sunday/late Saturday, so I posted much earlier when I knew I would have the chance.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great chapter! smile1

Let's see, 8 of 20. /scratches head/ plenty of time for some more problems. laugh

It just can't be smoothe sailing from this point on. Darn! wallbash

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KenJ:
<strong> Great chapter! smile1

Let's see, 8 of 20. /scratches head/ plenty of time for some more problems. laugh

It just can't be smoothe sailing from this point on. Darn! evil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard