Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
We've hit a turning point here people! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm so sorry, DC. I had a wonderful at least 2-FDK response almost completed and I hit the wrong button on my new mouse and it's gone... just gone. grumble thumbsup

She watched as his body grew even leaner, tauter, and more muscular over the course of the two months that she spied on him. She had to admit that he'd been in top physical form when she'd first met him. That hadn't been too difficult to notice. But somehow, he became even more toned and stronger as time went on.
Yep, all your fault, Lois! (Thank you very much. laugh )

And Lois hated being wrong.
whinging

Perhaps it was time to make amends. Perhaps it was time to stop punishing him for something that was never his fault to begin with. Perhaps it was time to sit down and talk to him.
Perhaps.

But not now.
No, please, not now! No one likes to be humiliated while being apologized to. She *is* going to apologize to him? Oh, wait, Lois. Maybe not. Then what is she going to say? huh

In the last of these dreams, she came upon Kal, not as a living man, but as a corpse swinging from a tall, sturdy tree. Around his neck was a sign that said simply, "Forgive me, Lois."
grovel (Yes, I do see the irony of this coming from me. :rolleyes: )

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, ran out of Graemlins. Part 2 - FDK.

"Kal," she finally said.

In an instant, his eyes were on hers.
Had she never said his name before?

*Sign!* Or possible rant. Never mind.

Of course one of Kal's brothers would have to come calling on him just as she was about to have an important conversation with him.
He wouldn't be Jai without his impeccable sense of timing.

She ultimately decided not to go, but after nearly two hours had passed, she grew more and more anxious. Finally unable to stand it any longer, she left the rooms and went down to the gym.
No! Don't let tonight be the night Jai convinces Kal to go with the concubine! drool

He hobbled over to one of the benches in the room, facing the two-way glass. Lois panicked for one split second, wondering if he somehow knew that she was watching. But in the next instant, she let out a shaky laugh. Of course he couldn't see her. Kal wasn't even looking at the mirrors that were on his side of the glass.
Um... that's because being two-way, they aren't mirrors on his side. He knew she was there the whole time and didn't want to make eye-contact.

Kal looked caught off-guard. His eyes grew wide and distrustful, as though he were trying to decide if he had done something wrong. Lois thought that he resembled a cornered animal. A terrified, cornered animal.
Wow, look what you've done to this guy just by asking to talk to him. Lois!

Slowly, Kal nodded. He swallowed hard. "All right. But...I should probably get cleaned up first. Is that all right?"
She could help with that! Nah, you're probably right. Too much, too soon. (Although I'm betting he wouldn't say no, even to incur her wrath the next day, I bet... no, he probably would say no, so he wouldn't incur her wrath. Sigh.)

"Of course," Lois said, giving him a small smile. "I'll be right here when you're done."
oooooh! Kal finally gets his bed back, because by the time he gets out of the bathroom, I'm betting Lois is asleep on the couch, right?

What? No more?! I've got to wait? Fine! I'll go back and work on my story. grumble (Now, imagine how long this would have been if I *hadn't* lost my first FDK! Apologies again.)

wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! Hi, Virginia! grumble

Kal's wonderful, except when he's around Lois. Hmmm. Wonder why that is?
Certainly has *nothing* to do with her winning personality!

It's like he's like this nice, considerate, kind, sweet, funny, wise, thoughtful, and faithful guy?! Men aren't supposed to be like that!
They aren't a myth after all! (And the Mythbusters didn't even have to blow something up to bust that myth!)

It's like he's like this nice, considerate, kind, sweet, funny, wise, thoughtful, and faithful guy?! Men aren't supposed to be like that!
Loosed - like "let fly."

Try "Lois", "Fasa", or "Superman".
Umm...you're actually close...

Um... Doesn't two-way mean, she sees in and he can see *out*? Great hiding spot there, Lois!
Um... Doesn't two-way mean, she sees in and he can see *out*? Great hiding spot there, Lois!
From Wiki: "A one-way mirror, also known as a two-way mirror, one-way glass, or two-way glass is a mirror which is partially reflective and partially transparent. When one side of the mirror is brightly lit and the other is dark, it allows viewing from the darkened side but not vice versa" - so she can see him on the brightly lit side, but he can't see her on the dark side.

Yep, all your fault, Lois! (Thank you very much. laugh )
We'll forgive her for that. wink

I had a great rant all prepared and it's gone... sigh... Let's see if I can recreate it.

"Kal! How dare you buy me a 3 month anniversary gift to tell me how much you tolerate me! Now *I* have to go out and get you something! And do you know how hard it is to shop for someone who's a prince? No, I bet you didn't think about my feelings at all! You know how much I hate to shop. Especially for someone how has everything! Hello, you married me, didn't you? What else could you want?"

Nah, not as good as my erased one. Hope it works though.
rotflol Works for me! laugh

No, please, not now! No one likes to be humiliated while being apologized to. She *is* going to apologize to him? Oh, wait, Lois. Maybe not. Then what is she going to say?
You'll find out on Sunday. rotflol

Oops, afraid I might also break the graemlin max...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Had she never said his name before?
Nope. Probably not.

He wouldn't be Jai without his impeccable sense of timing.
The Interruptus lives in every universe. laugh

No! Don't let tonight be the night Jai convinces Kal to go with the concubine!
Now that could be fun! smile1

She could help with that! Nah, you're probably right. Too much, too soon. (Although I'm betting he wouldn't say no, even to incur her wrath the next day, I bet... no, he probably would say no, so he wouldn't incur her wrath. Sigh.)
laugh So true.

oooooh! Kal finally gets his bed back, because by the time he gets out of the bathroom, I'm betting Lois is asleep on the couch, right?
rotflol Love it!!!

What? No more?! I've got to wait? Fine! I'll go back and work on my story. (Now, imagine how long this would have been if I *hadn't* lost my first FDK! Apologies again.)
rotflol Sorry! And don't worry about the lost fdk. It happens to all of us. laugh Thanks for stopping in!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This was a great chapter! Glad to know Lois' heart is warming up to the young prince.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Perhaps it was time to make amends. Perhaps it was time to stop punishing him for something that was never his fault to begin with. Perhaps it was time to sit down and talk to him.

But not now.
Lois, you're a putz. If you don't stop being such a raging b**** soon, I'm not going to talk to you anymore. razz

Hmph.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Columnist
Columnist
I've always admired how Lois could be so psychotic yet still charming lol.

Great chapter, as usual! Glad to see things beginning to turn around for them. Te key to any good relationship is communication! Looks like they're going to make some progress! laugh

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
This was a great chapter! Glad to know Lois' heart is warming up to the young prince.
Thank you, Morgana! If you liked this chapter, you'll love the next one. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sue S.:

But not now.
Lois, you're a putz. If you don't stop being such a raging b**** soon, I'm not going to talk to you anymore. razz

Hmph.
laugh But...but...she doesn't want to intrude and embarrass him! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
I've always admired how Lois could be so psychotic yet still charming lol.

Great chapter, as usual! Glad to see things beginning to turn around for them. Te key to any good relationship is communication! Looks like they're going to make some progress! laugh
Hi, ML! smile Yes, progress is coming. And Lois sure has made a lot of progress on her very own. I do love how you describe Lois here: "psychotic yet still charming" - so true! rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
HOW CAN YOU STOP THERE??!??!!??

Never mind, I know the answer. You are a fanfic writer, and fanfic writers are evil.

Anyway, this is great. Kal's not been able to learn anything about his wife, but she's learned quite a lot about him. And this upcoming conversation is going to be hard for her, but she's forging ahead nonetheless.

(And yes, I noticed the Jai Interruptus. Evil!)

Thanks for posting, write more, post more...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Fasa would attentively sit before Kal on the floor, golden eyes wide and expectant until the laser appeared.
I love Fasa: he is so cute!

May I adopt him? Sorry, Kal, just kidding....
peep

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vicki,

Really, I do not have the means to read the bits on your hard drive. laugh

All I can say is 'great minds think alike'. dance

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
Kerth
Finally! About time Lois gets to figure Kal out. With him, what you see is what you get. Compris? Let's repeat it, Lois: With Kal, what you see is what you get. No hidden life, no skeletons or super suits or concubines in the closet. Got it? Great. So, talk to him, before he sends you on a wild goose chase to the Sewage Reclamation Facility of the capital to "befriend" the millions of kryptonian mosquitos living there.

Uh, yeah. Loved this chapter. thumbsup

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm so sorry, DC. I had a wonderful at least 2-FDK response almost completed and I hit the wrong button on my new mouse and it's gone... just gone.
eek /whispers/ It’s highly recommended to use Word (or similar) to write long FDK. I actually have a Word file in my fanfic folder just for that purpose. Ready-filled with empty quote sections. /tacks on ‘I only lost FDK once’-plaque/ Also, if you have enough screen real-estate, putting your browser and Word side by side really makes FDK’ing efficient blush I’m a nerd. Sue me.

Lois Lyne, Investigative Wife
Ooooh! And where have I read something like that before? help

His clothing, the way that he carried himself, the hand motions that he used when he spoke - Lois scrutinized it all.
The way he bedded the concubines against the stairwell walls?

And she kept a running tally of how many times he disappeared at night.
*sigh*

She decided that the time had come for her to begin to shadow his movements around the palace.
Oooooh!

He was so unlike the spoiled, rich brat she had anticipated being married to.
Gets him more tail and an in with the serving girls.

She had watched as he ran ahead to open a door for a woman whose arms had been full with an overflowing basket of neatly folded laundry.
That way, he first gets to see her from the front, and then from behind, too.

She had watched him as he had stopped a courier when the young man was rushing through the palace, and offered to deliver the messages the man had for Ching and Jor-El.
The message might contain unfavorable content. It can now conveniently vanish.

She had watched in awe as he'd slung a bulging sack of flour over his shoulder as though it weighed nothing.
/tacks ‘this could be you’ sign onto flour bag/

When some of the white powder trickled out of the bag and onto his black shirt, Lois had been sure that Kal would get angry.
/waits for him to stomp home, yelling at Lois to wash his shirt/

Lois had anticipated that they would be going someplace fancy.
Five-star pleasure house for ‘her’ and ‘Him’?

But she dismissed the thought when she realized that no one was staring at the group of young royals, and because the barkeep so familiarly brought over a set of darts after the meal was through, in anticipation of the rounds that they usually played before leaving the establishment.
clap So, is it a Potemkin village? Also, wouldn’t it be funny if Kal had one of the awkward commoner encounters while Lois is present?

It was hard for Lois to hide her smile when Kal stopped to sink a basketball into a hoop when they passed a small park and the children within had called to him.
clap

It didn't take a genius to see that Kal was devoted to the little animal
Good, so even Lois can figure it out.

She missed her sister terribly, at any rate
Too bad Kal doesn’t invite concubines into his chambers. That way, Luci could visit Kal and then take a shower and catch up with Lois?

she was now an active participant.
Well. The one doing the carpet bombing of the little, peaceful Kingdom of Clarkshome anyway. They didn’t even have any weapons.

The days when she and Kal managed not to fight were usually the nights when Kal stayed within their chambers.
Huh. What could *that* mean? confused

But if they fought, Kal was almost guaranteed to sneak out of the chambers at night once he thought Lois was asleep.
So, Lois should scream at him even more often?

Lois was certain that Kal was drowning whatever sorrows he had in some concubine's bed.
‘whatever sorrows’ Really, Lois? Really?

hoping to catch him in his lies.
clap Well, he thinks, since she bites, marital duties might be very painful?

but then began to wonder if his little trysts were taking place deep within the gardens under the cover of darkness.
Yes, because they’re something to be ashamed of… :rolleyes:

And still, she found him to be doing nothing more insidious than taking a late night walk or run.
The *fiend*!

The first time, Lois had wondered with disgust if Kal's women were meeting him there,
Yes. All sweaty sex. Disgusting.

Lois was able slip into the room behind the glass, and watch to see what Kal was up to.
So, they have a ladies’ viewing room, including a popcorn and vegetable sticks snack bar?

Those were the ones that she liked the best, though she never stayed for very long. Kal gave her no reason to stay.
That’s not very clever. For one, much less time to observe sweaty Kal working out. And second, what if he leaves after, say, 15 minutes to train with the concubines?

Lois had no real reason to mistrust that he was only working out when he was there. She watched as his body grew even leaner, tauter, and more muscular over the course of the two months that she spied on him.
Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!

But somehow, he became even more toned and stronger as time went on.
So, there’s a deeper reason to her madness?

Had the circumstances been different, she might have even allowed herself to admit that he was attractive.
She still could. She just doesn’t have to voice it out loud.

And when they weren't fighting, he was one of the most decent men that she'd ever known. His personality made him even more attractive to her eyes.
That *fiend*!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Three months had now passed since their forced marriage. And Lois had failed to find anything suspicious about Kal.
Poor girl.

On the other hand, it meant that she had been wrong about him. And Lois hated being wrong.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
When Lois wants to have the upper hand before she apologizes, she takes 20 minutes of lecture to make her point? Now that she is definitely in charge, she wants to talk to him? And he is going to willingly change his mind about her? Boy, does she have a lot to learn about human/Kryptonian behaviour.

I cannot imagine being married to someone who looks like that for 3 months and still not getting the point that she was one lucky girl. She is really, really dense. Now I hope you make her realize just how lousy her moods have given her marriage foundation. Lois should have learned months ago just how fortunate she was and by now she could have tried to learn how to place a smile on Kal's face. She is really going to have to be a quick study to learn how to undo all the mess she has made.

Pat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by ChiefPam:
HOW CAN YOU STOP THERE??!??!!??

Never mind, I know the answer. You are a fanfic writer, and fanfic writers are evil.

Anyway, this is great. Kal's not been able to learn anything about his wife, but she's learned quite a lot about him. And this upcoming conversation is going to be hard for her, but she's forging ahead nonetheless.

(And yes, I noticed the Jai Interruptus. Evil!)

Thanks for posting, write more, post more...

PJ
Thanks, Pam! Yes, we fanfic writers do tend to have an evil streak, don't we? laugh

Where there is a Jimmy, there will always be an interruptus? wink

Lots of things coming to light in the next chapter!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Fasa would attentively sit before Kal on the floor, golden eyes wide and expectant until the laser appeared.
I love Fasa: he is so cute!

May I adopt him? Sorry, Kal, just kidding....
rotflol Sorry, but he already lives with me. Everything except for Fasa's backstory is based on my own cat. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard