Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
So... did I surprise anyone? smile I wanted to avoid the usual Martha/Lois meeting where everything's all sweetness and light... just mix things up a little bit.

And you're just lucky I didn't end this section a scene earlier! goofy But then it would have been too short, and I have no desire to be pounced upon by the gang of usual suspects on IRC!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes you did surprise me! I a looking forward to the rest of the story. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Oh my gosh, YES, you surprised me! However, you definately put a new and interesting spin on the typical Martha and Lois meeting. Yeah, the opposite of sweetness wink

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, okay, it was a surprise. I'll give you that. A really good surprise. Granted, I'm still a Tireless Defender of Sweet Lois & Martha Meetings. But it was such a fantastic plot twist that I can't whine LOL. laugh Great part!

JD smile

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
add me to the surprised list.

nice introduction. i think it could go well for lois, tho... it'll give her a chance to show she cares and can be trusted and all that. the immediate situation may even help them get over some of the initial awkwardness. maybe. or it could go the other way...

hmm, but now they have no idea what happened to clark. the kryptonite isn't immediately obvious, so it may take some time to figure out what happened. in the meantime, lois may well be suspect.

well, at least the crisis may keep wayne from sending the rock off for analysis. that'd be good.

so many questions, and all i can do is wait and see.

of course, i have to wait longer than most. i'll be afk for the next few days and i'm not sure how much i'll be online for the next week after that (which means i'll have more to catch up on as i slowly work my way back into reading. <sigh> it also means that even if one of my BRs gets back to me, i still won't be able to start posting either of my new stories until wed, at the earliest).

anyway, great post, pam. i really like the meeting, and i'll be looking forward to seeing what happens next.

one question, tho... i know j is the next letter and all, but does clark really count as a jet setter?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yup, definitely surprised. But a very good surprise! It's a potentional wham one... wink Of course, I could count this a wham too. Yup, excellent part then! laugh

I also like this meeting with Martha and Lois. I don't know what Clark has told his mom about Lois, but Martha sure can be very sceptical about her. And I loved Lois's slip about the Planet. Typical for a reporter. wink

Now, bring on more, Pam! I want to see how you continue this!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Kerth
Kerth
A surprise indeed!! smile1

I can't wait to see the Talk!! wink

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I was really enjoying Lois and Clark's very long overdue conversation about lots of things - including going right back to Hubris, which I'd been hoping to see somewhere along the way - and loving every bit of it... and suddenly...

WHOA!!!

Okay, so we've discovered the Kryptonite, even though M & J & L & C haven't realised it yet. And poor Clark! frown

Plus, what an introduction to Clark's parents for Lois! And I'll bet Martha's hackles are up if the first thing Lois thought of to tell them about herself isn't that she's Clark's girlfriend (which they don't yet know) but is that she's a reporter! Sure, they knew that she worked with Clark at the Planet, but is her first instinct to be a reporter or to be a friend?

Come on - the story's finished, so hurry up and post part 5!! wildguy wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Given that we all know that kryptonite was first introduced when it was unearthed when a storm blew over a big oak tree in Wayne's fields why would any of us be surprized when we see Wayne and Jonathan messing around with said tree, and the kryptonite hits Clark?

I did find the 'introduction' of Martha to Lois an interesting one, but I would think that Martha would have instantly recognized the name once Lois gave it too her. Clark must have told his folks about Lois to some extent. Even if it wasn't about their current 'relationhship'. The context the series created was that Martha alwasy knew how Clark felt about Lois right from the beginning by the way he described her to them.

Small wham, but unfortunately Lois got Clark away and got help quickly enough so we don't have any real damage. Maybe Wayne can bring the crystals over to the Kent house (as he did in the show) and let Jon really give Clark a good dose. Maybe put him in a coma, so Lois is stuck alone, with the Kents. She'll freak.

Tank (who figures that if this is finished than Pam can post every few hours just to 'get it over with' wink )

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Surprised? No. I was wondering when you would get to the A-plot. So when Clark and Lois ended up at the Irig's place, I knew something "good" was going to happen.

Different? Yes. The meeting between Lois and Martha was different, and Lois's introduction of herself surprised me. With all her concern for Clark, why in the world would she introduce herself as a reporter rather than just Lois. I also agree with Tank. I'm sure that Martha knows who Lois is. Clark must have told her, and unless this Martha isn't as intuitive as our Martha is, then she's got Lois figured out.

So when is Trask going to show up?

gerry

Features Writer
Features Writer
Pam,
I'm so far behind
just read 2,3,&4
I love this story
and I'll try to stay current
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

More ASAP, please.

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Wow, interesting twist on Clark's first encounter with Kryptonite. Now if Lois will only follow up and find it before anybody else does ...

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Pam

This is fantastic. dizzy It will be interesting to see how Lois gains their trust.
And poor Clark! frown

I'm thoroughly enjoying this and look forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, everyone... I'd like to reply in detail but for a variety of reasons my brain is kinda stuck in first gear at the moment, so I'll just say... thanks smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry, Pam, for being late with the comments, but then I've been terribly busy.

All I have to say is EEP! Clark's been hit with the Kryptonite that was unearthed by the storm. Guess this is happening before Wayne Irig had a chance to go out to find it. Even though Clark's now powerless for a few days, there is one big plus to all this. Because Wayne doesn't send it to Wichita for analysis, Trask never comes out to look for the rock. And because he never looks, nobody will know there are any rocks that could hurt Superman. And that means no cage for Luthor, either, or any of the other villains in future episodes with red or green Kryptonite.

On the bad side, though, that means Trask doesn't get killed, so he'll be around to cause more mischief for our favorite couple.

I'm enjoying this story a lot. Now, I'm going to move onto Part 5.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
All I have to say is EEP! Clark's been hit with the Kryptonite that was unearthed by the storm. Guess this is happening before Wayne Irig had a chance to go out to find it. Even though Clark's now powerless for a few days, there is one big plus to all this. Because Wayne doesn't send it to Wichita for analysis, Trask never comes out to look for the rock. And because he never looks, nobody will know there are any rocks that could hurt Superman. And that means no cage for Luthor, either, or any of the other villains in future episodes with red or green Kryptonite.
Yes, you'd think so, wouldn't you? <eg> Glad to see you catching up, Roger smile

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard