Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I just love evil cliffies, don't you? devil

Hope you enjoyed this silly little piece! Leave your comments here!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a wonderful way to start the day. No fooling. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Columnist
Columnist
Hahahahaha! Brilliant.

.talk nerdy to me.
Kerth
Kerth
Still laughing about the last line. That was EPIC!

(Clark is a miracle worker, though: He manages to stick his foot in his mouth while simultaneously shooting himself in the foot. :p )

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL very cute. Happy April fools day!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Lots of fun, Mouse!

Lois paced back and forth in her apartment, psyching herself up, letting some of her worry best her and show through in her mannerisms. The more nervous she seemed, the better chance of him listening to her, and the better the chance he'd actually show up to help.
<<Face Palm>> Oh, Lois! No!

"Yes, actually, Superman. It's... well, it's about Clark actually. I'm really worried about him Superman. We had a spat at work yesterday, and then he went off on some investigation by himself, and he was supposed to check back with me but then he didn't even make it in to work this morning and I haven't seen him since and I'm really scared that something might have happened to him and I can't find him and I don't know what to do!"
Um... open your eyes... he's right there in front of you.

"God, Lois. You haven't heard from him, either?"
Priceless! clap Perry knows Clark's secret! lol

Suddenly Superman sped in front of her and blocked her path to the door. He placed a hand on her shoulder, staying her. "Uh, Lois, no."

Lois frowned at him. "What do you mean, 'no'?"

"Um, I mean no, you can't go find him."
Well, she could, but she wouldn't find him while Superman's around. laugh

Superman sighed and ran a hand through his hair, unconsciously loosening it from its usual look. "I lied. Um... Clark told me about your plan to pull a prank on me today, and I got the stupid idea to try and turn the tables on you and then you started in with your plan and... I just went with it."
eek Superman called himself stupid?!

Lois looked floored, her mouth hanging open in surprise at his confession. She struggled for words a moment, searching for something to say to the man before her. "You... you lied to me?"
Once or twice... or 47 times this week.

"I didn't think as Superman that you were even capable of lying."
as Superman? What? She only thought he could lie to her as Clark Kent? Does she know?! Lois -1, Clark - 0?

Suddenly she snapped her gaze up to his face, anger written clearly in her features. "Well then, take me to him, Superman. I'm not going to let you out of my sight until I find Clark again. It's been a terrible enough day as it is." She fought to choke back a small sob.
Reap what ye soe, lassy.

He took a deep breath before making his way to Clark's bedroom, trudging slowly, dragging his feet. Lois followed him in curiosity, watching as he pulled out a pair of Clark Kent's glasses from a drawer in his night table. He turned back to face Lois sheepishly and eventually slipped the glasses on his face.
What? No spin! Darn, I was hoping for a spin reveal.

She folded her arms tightly across her chest, squared her jaw and set her most fear-inspiring glare upon him. Clark-slash-Superman squirmed appropriately. "Do you have something you'd like to say for yourself, Clark?"

"Uh, April Fools?"
Adorable! lol So, the story ends: Lois - 0, Clark - 0, Perry - 1? Perry wins! Great twist! laugh

Wait?! Cliffies? Was this a cliffy? Is there more? Mouserocks - 1!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love that Perry knows Clark's secret. I always thought he knew on the show. After all, he didn't get to be a man in his position because he could yodel.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The more nervous she seemed, the better chance of him listening to her, and the better the chance he'd actually show up to help. Speaking of which...
clap Nice try!

"God, Lois. You haven't heard from him, either?"
clap OMG! Loving slightly evil Clark!

Superman nodded eagerly, crossing his arms across his chest to avoid any gestures that might be similar to his secret identity's. "He came to me yesterday, told me he was working on a story and that there were some risks involved. He asked that I keep an eye on him. I had to go stop a train collision for one minute, and the next thing I know, he's gone."
clap

"Good. Tell him if it takes him any longer to find Clark, I will personally be dealing with him, you got that?"
Oooh! The wrath of Perry White!

Lois frowned at him. "What do you mean, 'no'?"
NO one tells Lois "no!" smile

"Run that by me again?"
Ha! clap

"I didn't think as Superman that you were even capable of lying."
So...she knows? She sees how different his hair is now that he's messed it up?

Suddenly a thought struck Lois, something that they hadn't yet addressed. "I still don't understand. If I was lying, and you were lying... then where in the world is Clark?"
Bingo!

"Well then, take me to him, Superman. I'm not going to let you out of my sight until I find Clark again. It's been a terrible enough day as it is."
Oooohh! She DOES know! Emphasis on "Superman" proves it!

She was gonna kill him.
Yup!

Then it dawned on her- Superman looked a lot like Clark with those glasses on.
Okay, so maybe she *didn't* know before. blush

She folded her arms tightly across her chest, squared her jaw and set her most fear-inspiring glare upon him. Clark-slash-Superman squirmed appropriately. "Do you have something you'd like to say for yourself, Clark?"

"Uh, April Fools?"
Brilliant!

Great little story. Poor Clark is going to *get it* from Lois! NOT the best way to make the reveal, Clark.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks everybody! Glad you enjoyed it! And I hope yesterday was chock full of pranks!

--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Priceless Rev story! Well done.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lynn, MrsLuthor, and Laurach: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the story so much!

Lara:
Clark is a miracle worker, though: He manages to stick his foot in his mouth while simultaneously shooting himself in the foot.
evil I thought you might.
Clark!!!
laugh He can't help it that he has no filter when it comes to Lois. All he can think of is how much she must care for Clark.
Oooh! The wrath of Perry White!
Hell hath no fury like a pissed off boss who is far too heavily invested in his employees' lives... wink
NO one tells Lois "no!"
laugh
So...she knows? She sees how different his hair is now that he's messed it up?
Nope. Not yet.
Oooohh! She DOES know! Emphasis on "Superman" proves it!
Sorry for confusion. No, still no knowledge. I believe I fixed one of those on ff.net.
Great little story. Poor Clark is going to *get it* from Lois! NOT the best way to make the reveal, Clark.
Thanks! And yes. Hell hath no fury worse than Perry White unless you are Mad Dog Lane (who just got fodder to beat you over the head with). laugh

--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Onwards, readers! Enjoy the fun!
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Originally posted by Mouserocks: "God, Lois. You haven't heard from him, either?"

Lois suddenly paled at the superhero's admission. She managed to croak out a small, "What?"
Ah, so I guess Lois will be the victim of Superman's prank instead of the other way around. laugh

I felt a little sorry for Lois, but then again, she is the one who started all of this. What comes around goes around...

Lois didn't understand what he was doing or why he was doing this at first. Why would he want to wear Clark's glasses? How did he even know where Clark kept his spare glasses?
I must admit it. This part made me laugh out loud.

"Do you have something you'd like to say for yourself, Clark?"

"Uh, April Fools?" [/qb]
Perfect ending!

Overall, good job. I really enjoyed it. There were some funny moments, and that was also a great way to do the reveal.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
drool
No Kryptonite handy.
This is Lois. She doesn't need kryptonite. She would find a way.
DingDingDing! We’ve got ourselves a winner!
wave

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
Ah, so I guess Lois will be the victim of Superman's prank instead of the other way around.
Yup. Clark couldn't just let her get away with it.
I felt a little sorry for Lois, but then again, she is the one who started all of this. What comes around goes around...
Unfortunately, Lois is not one to buy into karmic justice. The world is out to get her and it's everybody else's fault. laugh
I must admit it. This part made me laugh out loud.
wave

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Silly Lois. Clark's not missing. He just asked me to distract for a while so he could go shag a D.A. It really was the perfect plan. On April Fools Day, too!"
And thus Clark vanishes into shallow grave.

And what, pray tell, is so wrong with that method?
It keeps her from getting properly ticked off?

You get to decide the fate of Clark Kent!
[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzd4M5-wsyBJcSzaxLOqot9Lnul9Tj-KgEegDD1ua0oDcx_ICl[/img]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loved the conclusion! At first I was a little sorry that Lois didn't know Clark's other identity previously but the outcome was so much better this way!

"Yes, actually, Superman. It's... well, it's about Clark actually. I'm really worried about him Superman. We had a spat at work yesterday, and then he went off on some investigation by himself, and he was supposed to check back with me but then he didn't even make it in to work this morning and I haven't seen him since and I'm really scared that something might have happened to him and I can't find him and I don't know what to do!"
Lois is quite the evil genius. thumbsup

Lois blinked. "Run that by me again?"
rotflol

"You... you lied to me?"
Lois' saint fell down from the altar. Bad Superman, bad.

She was gonna kill him.
Indeed.

Her eyes widened and her jaw came unhinged as all of the pieces finally fell into place. "Cla- Wha--?"

He looked to his feet ashamedly, before glancing back up at her fury-filled face. "Um, hi Lois."
rotflol

"Do you have something you'd like to say for yourself, Clark?"

"Uh, April Fools?"
Brilliant!!

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard