Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael! thumbsup Yep, probably true.

Didn’t he manage to rescue them?
Yes, I'm sure he did... as my memory vaguely serves... I didn't double check my data before press time.

Great little adaption, Virginia!
Thank you, Michael, and thanks for the chuckles.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Tank:
Cute. Lois' comments were very Lois.

Tank (who thinks that even though Lois doesn't know who he is, she seems to agree with idea of the shorter hair)
Thank you and perhaps, but she refuses to put it in writing. wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, yes, actually. This is alt-Clark; he might not be a v... very paitent man like canon Clark.
Ten bucks says Lana got to him first. And that he didn't necessarily want it. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Who ever said *that* was the punishment?
But...but..but.. wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm a bit late posting in this thread but I had to say I loved the adaptation. Lois' comments were fun and completely in-character - gave the rules perspective and some comedic sense of homogeneity. Great work, VirginiaR!! clap

Rule #15: Chumpy is a word.
- Yes, it is. Just look it up in your dictionary. It’s there.
- PS: Don’t use it to describe me.

Clark set down the list and walked over to his bookcase where he removed his dictionary. Sure enough, penciled into the margin in Lois’s handwriting was:

Chumpy (adj): someone who’s a chump.
This is soooo Lois.

“Leash? Concubine?” Clark asked.

Wells shifted from one foot to another. “Perhaps it’s not wise to know too much about one's future,” he said elusively.

“Uh-huh,” Clark replied. Obviously he and Herb were going to have a serious discussion later that evening before he left.
Poor Wells... clap
Doesn't Alt-Clark wonder where Lois' ability to x-ray something autonomously came from? Or did he quit questioning the rules since so many of them refer to unimaginable and strange happenings of his counterpart's life?

Rule #76 - If you like Lois with long hair, don't introduce her to Tank Wilson.
- Who is this Tank Wilson that Clark keeps mentioning? Is he a source of Perry’s?
- (after quick internet search) Oh, my God. Did you know that there’s a man out there who’s got some kind of weird hair fetish with me? I’m glad Clark’s already keeping an eye on him.
- I do have to agree with him that I have a nice neck though.
laugh Lois' comments about finding who Tank Wilson is are priceless. I can almost picture her panicked/ shocked face and then her look when she concludes he's right about her neck...

#92 - Keep Lois away from any kind of blonde. They won't get along.
This was a very sensible rule in the first place. laugh The added exceptions make it even better and the exclusion of Ellen Lane make it great (poor Ellen, though).

- I take vacations; isn’t that what weekends are?
rotflol

#96 - Feed her fish. She will often forget about them in the pursuit of a story.
- I feed my fish! Never have I ever killed my fish during the pursuit of a story! That’s what I love about them, they’re self-sufficient pets.

#97 - If said fish meet their timely (or untimely) end, comfort Lois and help her find new ones to torture erm... nurture.
- The only time I can recall losing any fish is when he was exposed to red Kryptonite and his powers went haywire because he could no longer control them, and it had been an accident. I forgave him. It hadn’t been his fault. The only reason I needed comforting was because I was worried about my husband, not about my… my… fish, who had been my friends and company for years, who I could talk to when my life went crazy… and I’m not crying over dead fish!
Wonderful thoughts on Lois' part. When I read about her crying into the notebook I actually felt guilty about implying Lois didn't care for her fish and even worse for implying Clark didn't care for Lois' fish...

Clark’s jaw dropped. “We can’t have children?” he stammered. “It’s impossible?”

“You know, I’ve never liked that word,” Wells said and smiled knowingly. “No, not impossible.”

“Not…” Clark’s eyes dropped down to the other Clark’s last rule.
&

- Don’t tell Clark, but I’m pregnant! I’m telling him at dinner. Shhhhh, it’s a secret.
I loved what you did with this last part. It's wonderful. sloppy

He closed the Handbook and set it down on his desk, crossing his arms. “Now, I believe there are some things we need to discuss.”

H.G. Wells blanched at the intensity of Clark’s gaze and cleared his throat. “You know, Clark, it isn’t good to know too much about your future.”

“Uh-huh,” Clark said. “Too late for excuses, Herb. Get talking. Let’s start with this ‘curse’.”
Well done for Alt-Clark! Loved the ending (and Wells got what he deserved).

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Olive: Lots of good points! Thank you!

I wondered why Alt-Clark didn't bat an eyelash at this comment. Does he already know something about Zara? She wasn't referred to before, it seems. Same in #67.
blush Very true! I'll have to rethink Lois's answer to this one (& #67) before sending it off to the Archives.

I already read your explanation about this, but it was one of the things that caught my attention since the Alt-Kents are dead.
Yes, this one will have to be changed too.

Doesn't Alt-Clark wonder where Lois' ability to x-ray something autonomously came from? Or did he quit questioning the rules since so many of them refer to unimaginable and strange happenings of his counterpart's life?
Yep, she probably didn't have a chance to warn him about Red K. either. Hmmmm. I'll definiately have to relook some of her answers (and his reactions) before sending it to LabRat.

The added exceptions make it even better and the exclusion of Ellen Lane make it great (poor Ellen, though).
As an over-bearing mother, I'm sure she's used to Lois's & Lucy's ribbing. (And may SHE never see this Handbook wave

VirginiaR.
---
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just got to this story. VERRRRRY INTERSTING!

I think that rule #1 is: If you don't want Lois to see something, keep it on your person 24/7. Then when you have to get close enough to her that she might see what you have, invoke all rules about chocolate. Since it is really impossible to keep all the strange (and I mean things no one else would even think about happening to them) out of Lois' life, learn to go with the flow. cool

Enjoyed Lois' response to the "Lois Jokebook." The one liners and good natured ribbing of her character flaws and her magnet of the unusual happenings could only be about our Lois. It was even more fun that the original rules.

Pat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Pat. I'm glad you liked my silly little take on my Lois' Rules Handbook. Those sound like some good additions for the next edition. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wonderful thoughts on Lois' part. When I read about her crying into the notebook I actually felt guilty about implying Lois didn't care for her fish and even worse for implying Clark didn't care for Lois' fish...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I think Michael had it right, I think Clark was able to save all the fish after his hicups in Leathal Weapon. I was just trying to show her emotions all over the place. (strange foreshadowing, that's true)
Huh. I think you guys are right. I didn't question it at first because I thought there was one who went missing. But that was in Anti-K's Letal Qualities, not actual cannon. (Which just proves why Anti-K won BNA this year - because she's awesome enough that some of us mistake her writing for cannon.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This just posted over on the Archives with a few changes due to contextual errors!

Thanks again to Michael, Olive, and datasprite12 for your terrific suggestions. clap

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image] Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard