Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Posting two chapters tonight only because I am afraid that a lynch mob might form if I don't.

peep

Don't get used to it. Only one chapter at a time from here on out. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
thumbsup He's learning.

"We'll be expected to have breakfast in the main hall. The Elders will most likely be there. There will probably be some discussion about some matter or another. Then my father, Ching, and I will go to the main receiving hall. Once a week, we hear petitions from the commoners and lesser nobles. Depending on how many we have, we could be there all day. So I won't see you for lunch. We'll all be together again at dinner, then the rest of the night we'll all get some free time."
Sounds... yawn... exciting.

"So...I'm expected to do...what, exactly?"

"Nothing," Kal said.
Wow, sounds equally... yawn... exciting.

"Jai isn't a full-blooded prince, and therefore can never ascend to the throne. The law doesn't explicitly forbid him from hearing petitions, but the Elders frown on his presence. So he almost never sits in with us. And Zara is a woman. The law actually does forbid her to sit in on the petitions."
Que Lois screamfest.

"That's ridiculous!" she said, fairly fuming. "She'll be the Supreme Lord's wife one day, when Ching ascends the throne."...
"I know. And I agree. But the way that the laws are now, Zara will never have any true power. Ching and I both hate it. Our hope is to one day change the laws. We'd like to see equality...for men and women, for trueborn children and those who aren't."
Again... not really loving Krypton, here.

"Why...why are you telling me all of this?" Lois looked at Kal as though she thought his confessions suspicious.
"Ah... 'cause it was kind of obvious you never attended college... 'cause your a girl... and so you can't... and ah, you don't know about these things."

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ran out of room for all my Graemlins... So, part 2...

"You're my wife, whether you and I like this marriage or not. You are my equal. From the moment that I said my vows, I also pledged to withhold no secrets from you. Lois, I want you to know everything there is to know about me. I don't want you to feel like there's a part of me that is hidden from you. And, I need you to know all of my plans, my thoughts, my beliefs, my hopes for Krypton's future. There is a very real possibility that we'll never find a loophole to get out of this contract that our fathers forged. And one day, I will be helping Ching run this planet. I can't do that without all of the support that I can get. My hope is that we can be friends, and that I'll have your support when I need it. You've proven to me just now that you hold some of the same ideals that I do."
"Ewwww! I hate it when that husband of mine talks all mushy!" wink Kal is one big 'ol, nice sweetie, isn't he?

Kal found himself more intrigued by his wife than ever before. Before, he'd only found himself attracted to her looks. Now, perhaps, he could find himself attracted to her mind too.
grumble

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ah, Lois. Thou thinkest!
Ha!

Sounds fun, not. Poor Kal and Ching.
I'm thinking that yes, it sucks. But they also have a great interest in helping the people so...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww.
Note: This is not so fun when you are awake and a cat does this when you are *attempting* to sleep.

She can smile?
Elle says: "Don't smile! You'll get wrinkles!"

And I bet he looked adorable too.
Having witnessed this myself with my hubby - yes.

Why exactly not? Is there a law against noble women yelling at the Supreme Lord? Yeah, probably. Disliking this society.
More afraid to. wink

Sure, why not? It couldn't be worse than watching the video monitor. At least it was live entertainment.
clap Yay!

Hmmmm. Where have I see that quote before???
I admit that your siggy reminded me that it fit perfectly with the story. So, thank you! laugh

Or was he just grasping at imaginary straws?
Maaaaaaybe!

Duh! "You've got the bed, I've got the couch. You won that in the noble divorce settlement remember?"
"We also share the cat. You get Monday through Thursday, I get Fridays through Sundays."

Good choice. He's learning.
He *can* be taught! laugh

Wow, sounds equally... yawn... exciting.
Even more exciting if you take a Benadryl before hand. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Again... not really loving Krypton, here.
I never said that you would. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! Double feedback post! laugh

"Ewwww! I hate it when that husband of mine talks all mushy!" Kal is one big 'ol, nice sweetie, isn't he?
Yep. He's still our Clark. Just on another planet. laugh

Women are allowed minds in this society?
Sometimes?

Thank goodness for minor miracles!
thumbsup
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Great minds...!

Why did I read this whole passage as if on eggshells wondering when Lois was going to show up and protest her forced marriage to the Prince? I'm surprised she didn't show. She must have gotten lost.
Oooh! I love your evil mind! laugh

The Wonder Twins?! Do they have a pet monkey named Zeke? (Sorry, I've been watching a lot of Superfriends this week.)
OMG! I totally forgot about that show! I think I saw it for the last time like 22 years ago!

Inspector Henderson!
laugh

Gen Arry? The only one I could think of is Ari = Arianna Carlin, but I'm doubting Lux's first wife (now deseased) ever would have been made a General.
Nope. Random person. I think I was influenced by Gendry and Arya from Game of Thrones.

Lightbulb moment!
Dang, no lightbulb graemlin!

I'm a sucker for corn!
So...you'll be attending the Smallville Corn Fest then? (Yeah, that was bad, even for me.)

Kal? Jai, maybe, but Kal? Nope, sorry, I don't see it. <<this one was too corny for even me, sorry>>
laugh

I thought they only did room service, not take out?
Take out takes at least twenty minutes and a minimum order of $10.00.

Oooooh, now, this sounds like a fun plan!
And it shall be! And eye-opening!

What? That's it? I have to wait four more days for more? Argh! Fine, I'll go work on my own stories...
rotflol Well, I *could* have left you with only *one* chapter tonight! devilsplat

Now go. Work. I wanna read some fics!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I *could* have left you with only *one* chapter tonight!
Thank you for posting two. clap Sorry, did I forget to mention that? I was too busy reading and commenting. blush

Now go. Work. I wanna read some fics!
Be careful what you wish for! evil My new dark drama (or dark comedy, depending on the sickness of your humor) starts posting Monday. (And a little bit of fluff made it in time for April 1st! laugh )

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Woo-hoo! Next chapter!
Kal was still asleep on the couch. The blankets were half hanging off him and he lay sprawled on his stomach. His head was turned to one side, though the pillow had fallen to the floor. Fasa was laying stretched out on Kal's upper back, and his head was resting on Kal's exposed cheek. Neither of them stirred at Lois' presence in the room. Fasa's paw twitched once or twice, as did his nose, but he was only engrossed in a dream.
Aaaaawwwwwwww! And side-point: Kal is lucky. I was watching my uncle's cat for 2 weeks and at one point he tried to do this to me- only the butt end was on my face. razz Stupid cats.
And any man that would allow an animal to sleep on his face like that couldn't be all bad, could he? At the very least, she was now sure that Kal hadn't lied to her. It was obvious that the cat hadn't been some ploy to get her to trust him.
Yes, Lois. Fasa is not your nemesis. Now let it go.
How could he ensure that they continued to have peaceful exchanges? Would breakfast be any less awkward than dinner had been the night before? Had there been some turning point for Lois, where she had decided not to act as if Kal was the bad guy?
Answers: You can try not speaking, but really there's no way to ensure peace. No, awkwardness will remain. A turning point? Not quite... Well, wait and see.
"Jai isn't a full-blooded prince, and therefore can never ascend to the throne. The law doesn't explicitly forbid him from hearing petitions, but the Elders frown on his presence. So he almost never sits in with us. And Zara is a woman. The law actually does forbid her to sit in on the petitions."
mecry He's not lying, or cheating, or anything of the sort. Just being brutally honest with you.
She'd trap Kal in his lie that he never visited the concubines. She'd keep an eye out. If Kal continued to disappear, she would start to shadow his movements at night and expose him for that cad that he was. Smiling to herself for the first time in weeks, Lois dropped off to sleep.
jawdrop Oh. No!

Another great chapter. Since you were nice and gave us *two* chapters, I suppose I can be nice and wait for Thursday to come instead of griping for more. Hope you finish writing soon!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Two chapters! What a day!
Yes, Lois needs to talk to Zara (and to Marthe?).
Still enjoying the story.

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Columnist
Columnist
Very refreshing to see Lois POV. Sooooo funny that she wants to stalk Kal, even if it is to find dirt in him. That foot in her mouth is going to be mighty tasty wink

.talk nerdy to me.
Kerth
Kerth
Soo great! And two chapters at once, you're spoiling us. (Or you just took one chapter and divided it, as some kind of April Fool's joke? Might even help with the black SUVs following you around.)

I'm so looking forward to Lois investigating Kal. Lois, Investigative Princess. (We once had a story on the dark side with Lois as an investigative concubine, too. When Galaxies Divide, wasn't it?)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you for posting two. Sorry, did I forget to mention that? I was too busy reading and commenting.
It's all good! You're welcome. laugh

Be careful what you wish for! My new dark drama (or dark comedy, depending on the sickness of your humor) starts posting Monday. (And a little bit of fluff made it in time for April 1st! )
Ooh! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aaaaawwwwwwww! And side-point: Kal is lucky. I was watching my uncle's cat for 2 weeks and at one point he tried to do this to me- only the butt end was on my face. Stupid cats.
clap I woke up this morning to a cat face in between my husband and me, laying on hubby's pillow (body wrapped around the top of his head). Cats have *no* boundaries.

Yes, Lois. Fasa is not your nemesis. Now let it go.
But...but...but! wink

RED ALERT! RED ALERT! MAD DOG ON THE WAR PATH!
<hears air raid sirens>

There you go, Kal! Smart move- you should always agree with Lois. And then, just to be safe, run before she questions you.
laugh

I repeat: Aaaaawwwww! Kal woke up on the right side of the couch this morning, and so far has seemed to have all the right answers.
He gets an A for effort. smile

Took the second read through to catch, but: Bill!
laugh Bill, the man who had the least screen time, but the most fan fic time of any supporting character. wink

DING DING DING! We have a winner!
Not all the cute guys are dumb as rocks!

I love cheese. And corn. And cheesy corn. That fulfills my requirements.
rotflol Glad to help.

But he's not, Lois. Really, he's not. He's not lying, or cheating, or anything of the sort. Just being brutally honest with you.
Too bad she's not familiar with that.

Another great chapter. Since you were nice and gave us *two* chapters, I suppose I can be nice and wait for Thursday to come instead of griping for more. Hope you finish writing soon!
Thanks you! I just started chapter 19 laaaaaate last night.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Two chapters! What a day!
Yes, Lois needs to talk to Zara (and to Marthe?).
Still enjoying the story.
Thank you! Lois is a bit of a "do it herself" kinda gal. Makes for a more interesting chapter. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Very refreshing to see Lois POV. Sooooo funny that she wants to stalk Kal, even if it is to find dirt in him. That foot in her mouth is going to be mighty tasty wink
Then you'll really like the next chapter, ML. evil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Soo great! And two chapters at once, you're spoiling us. (Or you just took one chapter and divided it, as some kind of April Fool's joke? Might even help with the black SUVs following you around.)

I'm so looking forward to Lois investigating Kal. Lois, Investigative Princess. (We once had a story on the dark side with Lois as an investigative concubine, too. When Galaxies Divide, wasn't it?)
No April's Fool Day pranks here. Just self preservation after the way I ended chapter 5. wink

Haven't read the fic in question, but perhaps I will have to. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the double chapters.At least it is less depressing then before. Do I see hope coming in the near future. How come she hasn't noticed how beautiful he is physically? Is she blind? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
@DC: *hint* There's also a g-fic version on the archive...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Thanks for the double chapters.At least it is less depressing then before. Do I see hope coming in the near future. How come she hasn't noticed how beautiful he is physically? Is she blind? Laura
Oh, she has. She just hasn't admitted it yet. evil

You're welcome for the double shot of the story. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
@DC: *hint* There's also a g-fic version on the archive...
Awesome! Thanks, Lara! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, it seems that no matter what setting a story is in, Kal/Clark is gentle and caring, and Lois pretends to be hard-nosed and uncaring. If she would just learn to leave the hard edges off, she would learn that her husband was one of the best things to happen to her. But, true to the Lois mold, she has to learn the hard way and have ulcers trying to make it the way she wants it to end (supposedly.)

Good story, Vicki. I love that you have Fasa as his best friend, his brothers caring about his tender heart, and his Father afraid for his son who is so good with everyone, but misunderstood by the one person who should have realized he was a good guy. I am enjoying this story. I know eventually they will get together, but I am enjoying the ride to get to that point.

Pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard