Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, Lois is still lashing out. It will get better though, I promise. peep

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I see you posted two parts tonight. whinging He is depressed. He has been forced into a horrid marriage, not of his choosing to a woman who wants nothing to do with him despite every effort on his behalf to be kind. His father's words of encouragement were not... well, very reassuring, even if kindly given.

Jor-El nodded. "You need to be patient. Remember, it's not just your world that changed overnight. Hers changed too, and even more dramatically. She's living in a new place where she doesn't know anyone. She's had to leave both family and friends behind."
So true. Not that Jor-El helped much in the transition business by dropping it in his son's lap 2 weeks prior.

Jor-El shook his head. "No. I'm sorry, son, but the law is the law. All marriage contracts between noble houses are unbreakable. You know that as well as I do."
Ahhhhh! The scandal!

"Then I wish I was a commoner. At least they have some freedom to marry who they wish." Kal's voice was harsh and bitter.
All right, Kal. Enough. You're starting to whine.

Jor-El sighed as well. "I don't know. Every woman is different. Zara could hardly wait for the marriage ceremony that bound her to Ching. Your mother and I had only met a handful of times before our wedding day. She came to me as a shy young woman. It took her a few months before she was at ease living in the palace. Perhaps Lois just needs some time."
Hmmmm. That's interesting. Ching and Zara knew each other before marriage. Even Jor-El and Lara knew each other before marriage. Why did Jor-El (or was it Samm) decide that it wasn't a good idea in this case? My guess, Samm knew of his daughter's disposition (and hatred of her upcoming marriage) and was afraid if Kal or Jor-El found out about it, would find a way to break the bretrothment.

It's nice that Kal remembers his mother as a real mom.

He knew that he wouldn't have to worry about keeping up appearances before the Elders. They had been given the day off, and would not be dining with the royal family that night.
I'm a bit confused by who or what position the Elders play in this noble family. This makes them sound like hired staff, but they dine with the family like family. How sad for Kal and his brothers to have so little privacy to be themselves, even at meals.

Ching and Jai walking together. They were coming his way, and Kal had no opportunity to avoid them. Jai, at the very least, was looking much better than he had a few hours ago, though he did not look quite back to normal yet. Kal knew from the smiles on their faces that they were going to stop him to talk. He wasn't in the mood, but at least it would delay the inevitable.
I can well imagine. But is this conversation really the lesser of two evils?

"Kal! You dog! How was the wedding night?" Jai asked him, slapping him on the back and with a suggestive wink.
Oh, this sounds just like Jimmy! clap And can we say... clap Yeah, Kal! You stood up to her (kind of)!

So he vented all of his frustration into the hot tears that spilled out of his eyes and raced down his cheeks until he had no more left to give. Then he washed his face and straightened his clothing. His eyes were a little red from crying, but he thought that he looked passable.
clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
2) After the tongue-lashing everyone gave Lois the other day, you wanted to hurry and get to the part where we were promised Lois's POV.
Bingo. Clarkie doll for you! smile

Poor Kal. He is depressed. He has been forced into a horrid marriage, not of his choosing to a woman who wants nothing to do with him despite every effort on his behalf to be kind. His father's words of encouragement were not... well, very reassuring, even if kindly given.
Poor Kal indeed. And poor Jor-El doesn't know how to help. frown

So true. Not that Jor-El helped much in the transition business by dropping it in his son's lap 2 weeks prior.
Something tells me it wouldn't have helped all that much. Lois is pretty adamant about hating this marriage no matter what.

All right, Kal. Enough. You're starting to whine.
wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Also, still working on Chapter 18. It wound up being like twice the length of these other chapters, so it's taking longer than I would have liked. And I've had the attention span of a fruit fly for the past week or so. :p

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Sunday already, huh? And two posts! dance What have we done to deserve this? Surely not all the buff guys in black vans that have been stalking you! And if that is the case, then you should know that rewarding our bad behavior will only reinforce it. :p
Kal hung his head as fresh tears stung his eyes.
Is it wrong to think of Kal as a bit of a crybaby? Not that he has no reason to cry, but still...
"Lois hates me."

"I'm sure that's not true."
I'm not so sure that's not true.
Jor-El smiled tenderly at his son. "It may seem like that now, but give it time."
/arches brow/ Is there something I'm missing here? Something Jor-El knows that we don't? Foreshadowing? Some strange Supreme Lord of Krypton powers having to do with psychic abilities or traveling to the future? Because I'm pretty much down in the dumps with Kal at the moment.
Jor-El shook his head. "No. I'm sorry, son, but the law is the law. All marriage contracts between noble houses are unbreakable. You know that as well as I do."
Yay! Erm... actually... not sure how well that will go over with the missus.
"Then I wish I was a commoner. At least they have some freedom to marry who they wish." Kal's voice was harsh and bitter.
Um, Kal sweetie, I hate to tell you this, but I'm 95% sure you would have ended up in the same arrangement.
You mother's spirit is strong in this place." He quickly gestured to the surrounding section of the gardens.
"The force is strong with this one." (apologies; I took a rather sweet moment and befuddled it with Star Wars. Which actually isn't too out of character for me cool )
"I told you that you should have gotten in some practice with Catira. How badly did you disappoint your bride?"
/cuts to Lois/: "That beeping beep didn't even beeping look at me!!!" laugh
Kal smiled a thin little smile and picked the cat up. He kissed the tabby's head.
/offers hand sanitizer for lips- it *is* still animal fur!/
"Have a nice time with your concubines?" she asked, as she pawed through a trunk filled with books.
laugh Good one!
"What do you mean, for me?"
"Simple, really. I pity you. You can't even appreciate being in a relationship with an amazingly handsome and well-to-do rich prince. It's pathetic."
Lois sighed and leaned back into the couch cushions. "I don't exactly hate you."
mecry Did he break her? Or vice versa?
Lois went to bed early, taking along one of her books. Kal made up the couch for his bed again and turned his video monitor on. He put the sound as low as he could while still being able to hear it, and tuned into his favorite sport.
"What a simple minded fool I've married. Doesn't even read before bed."

Great chapter (again) and as I go on to read the next one, I have my fingers crossed that it's not an April Fools prank that will leave me shaking my fist and cursing your name. laugh Just sayin'.

PS: Sorry about all the miscellaneous quotes. I'm stocked to the brim with all sorts of similar useless knowledge. blush

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Columnist
Columnist
Squeeeeee! Lois scares me a little lol. I see you posted two parts, so I'm going to rush over and read te next one! This really is fantastic stuff!

.talk nerdy to me.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Fasa at least is breaking down Lois' defenses! This is a great story! I'm saving the next part for this evening.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Storm, Thy Name Is Lois
goofy

"You know what, Lois? That's fine. I don't care. You do whatever you want."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What have we done to deserve this? Surely not all the buff guys in black vans that have been stalking you! And if that is the case, then you should know that rewarding our bad behavior will only reinforce it.
It's not you. It's me. I thought people might kill me after the way this chapter ended. So it was purely self preservation. :p

<waves out the window to the nice SUV people>

Is it wrong to think of Kal as a bit of a crybaby? Not that he has no reason to cry, but still...
Yeah, you know the thought did cross my mind...

I'm not so sure that's not true.
laugh

/arches brow/ Is there something I'm missing here? Something Jor-El knows that we don't? Foreshadowing? Some strange Supreme Lord of Krypton powers having to do with psychic abilities or traveling to the future? Because I'm pretty much down in the dumps with Kal at the moment.
Blind faith? My attempt to reassure the reader?

Yay! Erm... actually... not sure how well that will go over with the missus.
laugh

Um, Kal sweetie, I hate to tell you this, but I'm 95% sure you would have ended up in the same arrangement.
laugh Anti-K said it sounded like Disney's Pocohontas.

/cuts to Lois/: "That beeping beep didn't even beeping look at me!!!"
laugh

Yes. "The great kings of the past look down on us from those stars."
Oh dear. laugh

True. But Kal, if you want this marriage to work at all, you're just going to have to realize that Lois is a glass half-empty kind of person. Or maybe the glass completely-empty type. Depends on if her mother's the one doing the drinking.
Yes, but only he can refill the glass. Also, it depends on what's in the glass and if her mother will drain it.

Did he break her? Or vice versa?
Vice versa. wink

Great chapter (again) and as I go on to read the next one, I have my fingers crossed that it's not an April Fools prank that will leave me shaking my fist and cursing your name. Just sayin'.
Can't say that the thought didn't cross my mind!

PS: Sorry about all the miscellaneous quotes. I'm stocked to the brim with all sorts of similar useless knowledge.
Actually, that's just fine. I do the same thing. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Squeeeeee! Lois scares me a little lol. I see you posted two parts, so I'm going to rush over and read te next one! This really is fantastic stuff!
blush Thank you! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
Fasa at least is breaking down Lois' defenses! This is a great story! I'm saving the next part for this evening.
Thanks, Morgana! I hope the next part goes well with you! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ohh! Darthy is here! wave

Marriage counseling? Which randomly reminds me of a remark I kept forgetting time and again: Maybe Zara should tell Lois that palace life isn’t *that* hard: All that’s expected of Lois is that she hires a maid for the living room, a chef for the kitchen, and if she doesn’t want to do it herself, they even have concubines available for the bedroom. Although, Zara herself gets quite a kick out of being a concubine in the bedroom. Hmm… On second thought: Kal’s already shown her that he does his own chefing and maiding, so Lois is probably deeply upset that he’ll expect her to do the same. And since he informed her that he prefers a live-in concubine to the room service, she’s really drawn the short straw in regards to princes.
clap

/gets Star Wars flashback/ Hmm… If the rose garden is the Dagobah cave filled with the Dark Side, that would make his mother Darth Vader and Jor El never told Kal El what really happened to his mother, only that she died. Hmm… Does this mean, Lois is Lara? And does *that* then mean we’re in for a Greek tragedy of epic proportions?
<laughs, oolong tea comes out of nose>

WHY am I always drinking stuff when I read feedback????

Maybe he just needs a kitten? And no, I don’t mean a concubine sex kitten.
See above.

“It was over before it really started”?
Jai sighs. "Been there. But only my first time."

It *would* be troublesome if he looked and sounded like Trey.
Or worse, Lux Uthor! eek

I don’t think she exactly believes him.
Erm...nope.

As opposed to…? Although, you might be right. There’s the minefield. There’s the pathway with the sinkholes filled with boiling hydrochloric acid. The hallway with the tripstones that spring poisonous darts. The catwalk over the pit of crocodiles. The…
<gets images of Indiana Jones>

The Cat’s the sigil of House El. There’re three kittens in the litter, one for each of the children of the Lord of El. That makes Jor-El Eddard Stark. Ching is Robb. Kal-El is Bran. Works well with his aspirations to fly. And Jai, who’s not a trueborn son, is John Snow. Although, John’s never been into the whole concubine business. Oh dear. This is *not* going to end well, at all…
evil

The others are right. Did Lois break? Did *Kal* break Lois with his retort?
Not quite. wink

/eyes pt6 with worry… Is this an April’s Fools prank? Is the part actually empty?
I thought about it, honestly. But it turns out that I'm not as evil as I sometimes think I am.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just warning you.
/packs care-package, ready to be sent to Krypton:
[Linked Image]

Or his libido was so high that it was a relief? I dunno.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/packs care-package, ready to be sent to Krypton:
clap

"No, Jor. Not *again*. Go to Mia. She's not worn out yet." (Lara on the night of Jai's conception)
Nine months later: Jai is born but Mia dies.

"Well, it sucks that I caused her to die, but I get another child to love without any of the work!"

Nah, Lois needs something to investigate. Plus, she's been a naughty girl, so she doesn't get the Full Monty.
clap

Faulty survival instinct?
Must be!

It is known.
Winter is coming. laugh

/checks quote/ Oh dear.
rotflol

Hmm...Or you were scared of waking the dragon... Just sayin'
That too. laugh Although I wouldn't mind hatching a few dragon's eggs...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard