Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
This bit of silliness just came to me today. I wanted to post it in plenty of time for the holiday, but I didn't want to impose upon anyone enough to ask that they look this story over super-fast, hence the lack of a BR.

As always, all comments are welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
You are evil , Lynn. evil , evil , evil !

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Columnist
Columnist
Hahahah! I love it! It's adorable. I always love practical jokes!

.talk nerdy to me.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very cute! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
clap clap clap
Great, Lynn! I've been looking forward to some other prank tales! Lois definitely won that. Definitely.

Great job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful, great fun.

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol I figured Lucy had done something of the sort, but Lois's comeback made me glad not to be her sister. jawdrop

Well, next year, Lois could always set Lucy up with Wally... Or Superman... You know, Jimmy. He does have a blue suit.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Commenting as I read this. (I love April fools' stories!)

I figured the date wouldn't last five minutes. But instead, when I got home from your place last night, there was a message from Lucy on my answering machine. She had called from Las Vegas. They liked each other so much that they hopped a plane there to get married.
If that isn't Lucy's return prank, I don't know what is. (Unless, of course, she accidentally mistook Bruce Wayne for her blind date and married him?)

"Whoa! We didn't do the dirty. Not that I hadn't thought about it -- your sister is a hotty. But ten minutes together was enough for me to realize that she wasn't mature enough to handle a man of my sophistication. So I dumped her."
Hehe, I knew it. Return prank. And clap clap clap Epic re-return! (Just who will be looking the fool at the end?)

The score this year was Lois: 2 and Lucy:1.
Yes, that's pretty much what I figured.

There was only one problem.

She only had a year to come up with an even better prank.
There is another problem, you know? You only have one year to come up with an even better April 1st fic. devil

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lynn,

Short and sweet and immensly funny. evil

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He tentatively ventured, "Hey, honey. What's wrong?"
Uh oh!

Lois just mumbled, "How could I DO that? How could I have been such a fool?"
Hmmm...

Lois' looked at him with puffy eyes. "It was just an April Fools' prank. Nothing was supposed to come of it!"
This can't be good.

Every year, Lucy and I spend the week leading up to April first trying to outdo each with our April Fools' pranks.
Oooh...I approve!

"I figured the date wouldn't last five minutes. But instead, when I got home from your place last night, there was a message from Lucy on my answering machine. She had called from Las Vegas. They liked each other so much that they hopped a plane there to get married. Only those two could be so impetuous. I never should have introduced them."
clap

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
What wonderful feedback! No fooling! wink

blush , Terry. blush blush blush

Mrs. Luthor, glad you enjoyed it. I don't do pranks in RL (I have too much empathy for the hypothetical victim to perpetrate pranks), but I enjoyed coming up with these.

Laura, if there were an alt-Kerth for most-consistent-FDK-er, I think you'd win it. Thank you. smile

Mouserocks, in my mind, Lucy actually won; she certainly gave Lois a lot of grief with her prank. But it was pretty close.

Patrick, thanks for the FDK. smile

Virginia, I'd say the sisters were almost evenly matched. After all, if Lucy does call Ellen, I actually pity Lois when Ellen gets a hold of her!

Well, next year, Lois could always set Lucy up with Wally... Or Superman... You know, Jimmy. He does have a blue suit.
smile1

Speaking of...she can always make Lucy think that she and Clark are expecting...that would be evil.
Hmmm... Then I really wouldn't want to be Lois once Lucy told Ellen that "news"! I'm not sure even Clark would survive the earful he'd get from her.

There was only one problem.

She only had a year to come up with an even better prank.
Annnnd...so does the author!
I'm beginning so sense a theme here...

Michael, you are more eloquent with graemlins than many people are with words. smile
/waits for sequel from Lucy, since there’s still time. And pencils in second sequel for next year.
Yup. There is definitely a theme going. I'll put in a request with my muse for another April Fools-related story for next year. I fear that my muse has almost never listened to me in the past; you've read my "With Apologies to Female Hawk," so you know what I am talking about. But there is always a first. At least Thalia and I are back on speaking terms now.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., edit:
But ten minutes together was enough for me to realize that she wasn't mature enough to handle a man of my sophistication. So I dumped her.
He? Her? Unless he’s just spinning a tail, getting confused with his pronouns again.
Ah. I see you picked up on that. smile Yup, he dumped her... In exactly the same way that someone might say, "You can't fire me! I quit!" Ralph does have a way of spinning facts to try to make himself look good. The operative word here being "try."

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
At least Thalia and I are back on speaking terms now.
Hey, you got her to go with Thalia after all, I'm sure you have now learned to make her do anything. Just like Lois did with Clark.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
"Who? Who was the blind date?"

"Ralph."
smile1

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Lois_Lane_Fan,

Thanks for the feedback. smile1

The absolute worst person to set Lucy up with short of a criminal.
That was pretty much my thought. In fact, I hadn't really been planning to write an April Fools' Day story, but when the idea came to me of the two of them going out on a date, I knew I had to weave a story around it. And given that I thought of it a couple weeks ago, this story just sort of wrote itself.

This makes me wish Cat did still work there. Her reaction would be so funny!
I have no doubt she'd come up with a suitably catty remark or ten.

Not mature enough for Ralph? This is just great!
Thanks. I had fun coming up with that line. Somehow, I rather think that Lucy's side of the story would be quite different.

I agree!
I'm not as convinced myself. It is true that Lois pulled two jokes to Lucy's one, but I rather suspect that Lucy's prank had more of an effect on Lois than both of the older sister's jokes combined had had on Lucy.

In any event, I disavow all three pranks; I think both sisters were being horribly mean to each other. I don't pull pranks in RL, probably because I have too much empathy for the hypothetical victim. But having said that, I must admit that an evil streak in me did have fun coming up with this story. devil (Actually, we need a graemlin with an angel's halo being supported by devil's horns.)

Thanks again for the feedback; I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
(Actually, we need a graemlin with an angel's halo being supported by devil's horns.)Joy,
Lynn
You mean like this one? devilsplat )

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Oops. Yeah. I think the appropriate graemlin right about now is: blush

Ya'd think I'd know all our graemlins by now. wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That was just a belated April Fools joke, right, Lynn? wink

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by VirginiaR: That was just a belated April Fools joke, right, Lynn? wink
yeah. That's it. That's the ticket.

Actually, what it was was another instance of my trying to type while really needing to head to bed to get some sleep. I usually start to lose coherence around 9:00PM. I think I had managed to remain intelligible despite it being near that time, but I obviously wasn't thinking at my best. huh

Thanks again,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard