A little different story. Inspiration hit me when I was walking home in the rain. And I guess it could pass for non-fanfic, but it is.

---------------------
Rain
By Julie Stars <stars_Julie@hotmail.com>
---------------------

As I walk down the street, umbrella in hand, I only think of the story I am going to be writing as soon as I reach the Planet.

But suddenly I stop; he stops with me. I blink and look around. I've forgotten. I see an old lady slowly making her way through the rain, umbrella protecting her from the wetness but not from the discomfort; I see kids happily chatting away on their way from school back home, the hoods of their coats over their hats; I see cars driving through the puddles, racing to get to their destination; and I hear the raindrops hitting my umbrella on top of me in a soothing rhythm, reminding me of it.

I feel his arm around my shoulder. I feel him gently taking the umbrella from my hand and repositioning it above me. I hear his voice ask me if I'm all right. I slowly nod.

He starts walking again. I suddenly break away, and look at him. What had happened? I take my umbrella from his hands. The rain has stopped. I close it, and slowly start walking away.

I reach That Place minutes later. I remember being inside with That Person, a while ago. I knock. That Person appears in seconds. I throw myself into his arms, and feel him putting his arms around me. He guides me inside and sits down with me. I kiss him. Eternally.

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)