Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
I'm not kidding about the lack of plot. But I hope the story is fun enough that it won't need one. Thoughts, comments, etc. go here.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But if you don’t mind explaining to my parents that we were late for dinner because we wanted to create our own version of the mile high club....”
goofy

Jen
Tireless defender of 'Hey, we don't need no stinkin' A Plot!' goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, what Jen said!

This was really cute and sweet, Annie, thanks for sharing it. And hurry up with part 2, I'm, ah, eager to see how that cliffhanger turns out...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Yep, cute and waffy and all that. Full of that yucky stuff.

I do find it interesting that even though the tv show established a relationship where the both of them wanted to wait until they were married before they consumated their relationship, and Clark hadn't been with anyone; fanfics tend to throw the two of them in bed after their first kiss (or sometimes even before).

And they say that guys are the ones who are always thinking about sex. wink

Tank (who is trying to prepare himself for the onslaught of overly waffy vignettes that are inevitable during this season... bah humbug)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Features Writer
Features Writer
Annie
What they said - cute and waffy
merry

A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Thanks for all the great comments. I'm glad the humor is shining through. I really wanted this to be a light piece.

I do find it interesting that even though the tv show established a relationship where the both of them wanted to wait until they were married before they consumated their relationship, and Clark hadn't been with anyone; fanfics tend to throw the two of them in bed after their first kiss (or sometimes even before).
Well, I have to beg to differ there. I think the show established that Clark wanted to wait until he met the right woman, not that he wanted to wait until marriage. He simply offered to wait until marriage because Lois was freaking out about it. (He said, "I *can* wait." not "I *want* to wait.") And since it was established that Lois wasn't a virgin, I'd say it's pretty logical that the right circumstances could have made her change her mind about waiting until marriage. I do agree though that it's odd and often out of character for them to jump in bed together very early on in their relationship, especially stories that throw them together before they are even friends, let alone dating. But in this case the relationship is about as serious as it can get, so I don't think it's odd that they are sleeping together. (But if you want to argue that it was ooc for them to sleep together in Playing for Keeps, I could see your argument though I'd continue to disagree. However by PbH it's already established that they are sleeping together so it shouldn't be surprising at all.)

Tank (who is trying to prepare himself for the onslaught of overly waffy vignettes that are inevitable during this season... bah humbug)
I have to tell you this cracked me up. Bah humbug, indeed.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard