Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm aiming for about 20 chapters. Perhaps more if my muse kicks into overdrive. I normally wouldn't post a story that I'm not 100% finished with, but I'm in the middle of chapter 16 and my muse needs some feedback based inspiration.

So...thoughts?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
Glad to see you're posting! I'm enjoying this story very much! Hope you get the inspiration you need. smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
Glad to see you're posting! I'm enjoying this story very much! Hope you get the inspiration you need. smile
Thanks hun! smile I'm really loving the feedback that you are sending on the beta'd chapters. It's helping to inspire me a lot. It was just time that I threw some of the earlier chapters out to the masses. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I see Kal-El's life and personality on Krypton is much different than that of his on earth. This is probably due to being raised as a prince with his birth family, instead of a serf like the Kents. wink I like that you made Jai (Jimmy) is half-brother and that Kal wasn't 'contractually bound' to Zara in this story. (phew!) At first I was worried one of the brothers would end up being Nor.

The fight scenario between the three brothers makes me wonder how stable the ruling class is in your story. Is there an anticipation of attack or an uprising? Or are they just bored upperclass youth with nothing else to do but beat each other up?

I take it that Zara and Ching's marriage hasn't happened yet. Strange that a second son is married off before the heir apparent has sired a heir, but I don't know the full structure of this society as of yet.

Again, your descriptions are beautiful and detailed in a way that makes me envious. When Kal walked into Jor-El's study it wasn't a blank room but one fully realized by the reader. Well done. clap

So far Kal seems like an arrogent, full-of-himself and his (non-super) abilities, spoiled brat. True, this wasn't the future he wanted, but as to how this has curtailed his aspirations (whatever they might be) for his future are still vague. Kal clearly doesn't seem too interested in the fair sex (at least taken any opportunities with the concubines) nor fallen in love elsewhere, hence the spoiled brat remark. (I don't know how much contact the two sexes have with one another in this society.) Kal has yet to express any interest in a career (if that is possible for royality), a vocation, or hobby (except besting his brothers at any chance given) since leaving the military. Sorry, I'm not feeling overly sympathtic for Kal and his plight, yet. The Kal-El we know and love, would have willingly given up his marital life for the chance to save millions of people dying in a plague and a beloved elder brother, even if said arrangement was not one of his making or liking and wouldn't have been so pouty and pissy about it. (Actually, didn't Clark do this by agreeing to leave Lois and marry Zara?)

I'm assuming Kal's personality will change during the course of this story so that he's more like the CK that we love. Or is this a reverse "Taming of the Shrew" where Lois is the one forced to tame the shrewish Kal? (oooh, that could be fun twist. laugh )

I look forward to Kal's meeting (marriage) to Lois.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! Virginia is here! wave

I see Kal-El's life and personality on Krypton is much different than that of his on earth. This is probably due to being raised as a prince with his birth family, instead of a serf like the Kents.
Actually, his is quite similar to our Clark. He just hasn't had much of an opportunity to show it just yet. I promise, he's not a spoiled brat! smile

I like that you made Jai (Jimmy) is half-brother and that Kal wasn't 'contractually bound' to Zara in this story. (phew!) At first I was worried one of the brothers would end up being Nor.
Thank you. And God no, no blood relation to Nor, though he will be involved in the story. (Actually never crossed my mind to make Nor Kal's brother since Female Hawk did that in her story.) I loved the idea of making Jimmy Clark's little brother (and by little I mean about six months younger or so), since they have a very brotherly sort of relationship on Earth.

The fight scenario between the three brothers makes me wonder how stable the ruling class is in your story. Is there an anticipation of attack or an uprising? Or are they just bored upperclass youth with nothing else to do but beat each other up?
It's a very stable society, just three young men bored to tears and mock fighting as a way to blow off steam/stay in shape/have some fun.

I take it that Zara and Ching's marriage hasn't happened yet. Strange that a second son is married off before the heir apparent has sired a heir, but I don't know the full structure of this society as of yet.
Zara and Ching's marriage has already happened, as you will see in the coming chapters, but no, they haven't produced an heir yet.

Again, your descriptions are beautiful and detailed in a way that makes me envious. When Kal walked into Jor-El's study it wasn't a blank room but one fully realized by the reader. Well done.
Thank you! smile

So far Kal seems like an arrogent, full-of-himself and his (non-super) abilities, spoiled brat. True, this wasn't the future he wanted, but as to how this has curtailed his aspirations (whatever they might be) for his future are still vague.
Just blindsided, is all. smile

Kal clearly doesn't seem too interested in the fair sex (at least taken any opportunities with the concubines) nor fallen in love elsewhere, hence the spoiled brat remark. (I don't know how much contact the two sexes have with one another in this society.)
There is contact, but no one has struck his fancy. That will come up too.

Kal has yet to express any interest in a career (if that is possible for royality), a vocation, or hobby (except besting his brothers at any chance given) since leaving the military.
He'll explain his ambitions/career goals later on. But it basically involves him knowing that once Ching becomes Supreme Lord (and inevitablity, seeing as Jor-El will one day die), that he will be his brother's right hand in running the planet. But you'll hear it all straight from Kal's lips in a couple of chapters.

Sorry, I'm not feeling overly sympathtic for Kal and his plight, yet. The Kal-El we know and love, would have willingly given up his marital life for the chance to save millions of people dying in a plague and a beloved elder brother, even if said arrangement was not one of his making or liking and wouldn't have been so pouty and pissy about it. (Actually, didn't Clark do this by agreeing to leave Lois and marry Zara?)
True, but he's only pissy because the marriage was kept a secret and now he's only got two weeks to come to terms with his entire life being thrown into turmoil.

I'm assuming Kal's personality will change during the course of this story so that he's more like the CK that we love. Or is this a reverse "Taming of the Shrew" where Lois is the one forced to tame the shrewish Kal? (oooh, that could be fun twist. laugh )
laugh Now that really would be something! Kal needing to be tamed while Lois is the level headed one! But you'll get a lot more of Kal's personality soon.

I look forward to Kal's meeting (marriage) to Lois.
Chapter 3! laugh

But...well...being married to Lois won't be pretty...at least, in the beginning. peep

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great start! You've captured my interest with this storyline. I'm looking forward to Kal meeting his betrothed.

I have met the girl you are to marry a few times when I have gone to visit with Samm. She is a rare beauty and a sweet girl.
Sweet Puppy Lyne instead of Mad Dog Lane? That is a change! laugh

I think Kal won't be disappointed when he meets his future wife, but after the marriage all bets are off and we will have to see how they cope with the situation. wink

You can already post chapter 2. cool

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I only started reading and I'm hooked! I love anything that is set on Krypton.

Keep going! smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
Great start! You've captured my interest with this storyline. I'm looking forward to Kal meeting his betrothed.

I have met the girl you are to marry a few times when I have gone to visit with Samm. She is a rare beauty and a sweet girl.
Sweet Puppy Lyne instead of Mad Dog Lane? That is a change! laugh

I think Kal won't be disappointed when he meets his future wife, but after the marriage all bets are off and we will have to see how they cope with the situation. wink

You can already post chapter 2. cool

Andreia
Thank you! Umm...Lois isn't quite a Sweet Puppy...no matter *what* universe she shows up in. wink

I plan on posting about once a week, until I finish the last few chapters. I may pick up the pace after that.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
I only started reading and I'm hooked! I love anything that is set on Krypton.

Keep going! smile1
Thanks, Morgana! It was fun to write one on Krypton. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
I plan on posting about once a week, until I finish the last few chapters. I may pick up the pace after that.
Once a week?! Is this some new fangled Kryptonian torture or what? thud

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
<strong> I plan on posting about once a week, until I finish the last few chapters. I may pick up the pace after that.
Once a week?! Is this some new fangled Kryptonian torture or what? rotflol

Just ensuring that my muse has enough time to bang out the last few chapters, that's all.

devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great start! Things are different on Krypton. Are we on Old Krypton, or New Krypton? Does that make a difference in this fic?

Columnist
Columnist
I was def. scared to read this at first because I don't like Kal being married to Zara, but my curiosity was peaked, and I'm very glad it was!

With the differences in Kal's, I'm kind of excited to see what Lois' personality is going to be like.

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Great start! Things are different on Krypton. Are we on Old Krypton, or New Krypton? Does that make a difference in this fic?
Old Krypton. It never exploded. Doesn't make *too* much of a difference though, I guess.

Thanks! wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
I was def. scared to read this at first because I don't like Kal being married to Zara, but my curiosity was peaked, and I'm very glad it was!

With the differences in Kal's, I'm kind of excited to see what Lois' personality is going to be like.
I don't like Kal being married to Zara either. smile About as much as I hate Lois and Lex together, to be honest.

I'm glad that you decided to take a chance on this fic regardless. Kal isn't all that different from our Clark, as you will hopefully see in the rest of the fic. smile

Thanks for stopping in! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Columnist
Columnist
[b] I was def. scared to read this at first because I don't like Kal being married to Zara, but my curiosity was peaked, and I'm very glad it was!

I don't like Kal being married to Zara either. smile About as much as I hate Lois and Lex together, to be honest.

I'm glad that you decided to take a chance on this fic regardless. Kal isn't all that different from our Clark, as you will hopefully see in the rest of the fic. smile

Thanks for stopping in! smile [/b]
Haha yea... we should totally set Lex and Zara up. His ego could use the super downsizing of a super woman wink

Can't wait to read more of this!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[b]
[b] I was def. scared to read this at first because I don't like Kal being married to Zara, but my curiosity was peaked, and I'm very glad it was!

Haha yea... we should totally set Lex and Zara up. His ego could use the super downsizing of a super woman wink

Can't wait to read more of this! [/b]
clap That would be awesome! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Columnist
Columnist
[b]
[b] </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
<strong> I was def. scared to read this at first because I don't like Kal being married to Zara, but my curiosity was peaked, and I'm very glad it was!

Can't wait to read more of this! [/b]
clap That would be awesome! laugh </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">lol Do they have male concubines on New Krypton?

.talk nerdy to me.
Kerth
Kerth
Yay! You finally posted this! After your preview in your interview... I was becoming anxious for another long story! Glad to see this up! I read it on my phone at two am last night when my car broke down in the middle of a *very* bad neighborhood in Sacramento on my drive home from school... :rolleyes: eek So your story was a nice break from an otherwise scary and terrible night. /sighs/

Couple of points I enjoyed (while running on my limited brain power from little sleep):
The attack came without warning [...]
"End simulation."
Phew. I was really concerned for a minute there. And I kind of expected it to be Nor.
reached down to help his older brother, Ching, from the thick black mats that lined the floor
laugh Ching! Perfect! If Kal were to have a brother, I think that'd be great. That eliminates the Zara issue too, right?
Kal turned to his younger half-brother, Jai, and helped him to his feet as well.
Didn't connect this to Jimmy until reading other comments. clap Great!
"Good. You know you can talk to me any time, day or night. My door is always open." He paused. "Except for tonight. I've got Nita coming tonight."

Kal shook his head. "Another concubine? Jai..."

"Hey," Jai said, a little defensively, "just because you and Ching choose not to partake of the professional care services, doesn't mean that I have to follow suit."
clap clap Aha! Hahahaha!!! Oh, my! That's just great! I can totally see Jimmy doing and saying just that! Brava!
"Kal, do you remember when you were very young, and Ching came down with a case of the Red Fever?"

Kal shook his head. "I've heard stories of that time, but I don't have any memory of it. My professors used to say only that it was one of the worst epidemics ever to sweep across this planet. Hundreds of thousands died. Millions were infected before Dr. Lyne found a way to treat and cure the disease."
Lyne? Like Lane? And like the use of the red fever.
Kal's brow crinkled in confusion. "And what is it that you owe him?"

"You."

Kal choked as he swallowed a sip of the exquisite wine. "Me?"
/chokes on water/ "Him?!" ( wink JK. Kind of saw that coming with the little sneak peek you gave me.)
Lois," Kal said, trying the name out. It came out sounding more like a death knell than a name.
laugh It will be one if he doesn't straighten out soon. She'll knock some sense into him.
When will this happen? Or am I to guess at that as well?"

"In two weeks' time."
eek Quick turn around time. Shotgun wedding, anybody? wink

Really liked this story- can't wait for more!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
lol Do they have male concubines on New Krypton? [/QB]
Nah. Too archaic and patriarical of a society. Only the men get to sleep around. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard