G Version

* * denotes emphasis
< > denotes thoughts
(#) footnotes
/ denotes telepathic communication/

For reference purposes the following will hold true throughout.

Universal Locator Designation
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 - Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Canon Alt Clark universe also called – Alt 1

Previously –

Lorelei and Clark went straight to the office and finished the write-up of the story and Clark was about to submit it to the night editor when Lorelei stopped him.

There was a full color photo of Superman taken as he grasped the bomb preparatory to launching into space with it followed by the headline.

“SUPERMAN RETURNS – SAVES METROPOLIS FROM NUCLEAR DESTRUCTION”
By Clark Kent and Lorelei Lane

“In the early hours of the morning while most of the inhabitants of Metropolis were either in bed or preparing for slumber, Homeland Security was protecting the citizens of Metropolis. A plot to detonate a nuclear device under the city had been uncovered and an operation designed to capture the perpetrators and prevent the disaster was underway when one of the leaders attempted to perform a suicide bomb attack with the nuclear device. The only thing standing between the city and total destruction was Superman. Superman swooped in at the last second and launched the bomb into space. In an exclusive interview your reporters were told that the ‘original’ Superman had returned from his mission and would again be protecting the city.” (Story continued pg A2)

“You’re sharing your byline with me?!?! I’m not back in the reporter ranks yet; I’m your research assistant.”

“I’m sure Frank will agree that you deserve it. You did just as much work on this story as I did. Besides you’re the one that got the interview with Superman. Maybe this will move you from research to reporter.” He gave her a wink.

“Wow, Okay but, that byline, there’s just something wrong with it. I don’t like it - By Clark Kent and Lorelei Lane. I think I’ll use a ‘professional’ name. I know, I think I’ll go with my middle name. I didn’t know it until I started doing some family research that I *was* named after a famous relative.”

She reached over and deleted the name on the byline and then retyped it as:

By Clark Kent and Lois Lane.

“There, that more accurately reflects who I am now.”

Clark smiled. He hadn’t known what her middle name was. It just hadn’t seemed important. It was almost like old times and he looked forward to the day when she insisted on top billing.

And now -

Epilogue

Herb Wells was sitting in his office. He reached into a drawer and pulled out a jewelry box and after opening it he sat there looking at a very special pendant, a very special pendant indeed. This one was inscribed with the name Lorelei L. Lane on the back. Encased within its Sterling Silver body were a piece of red Kryptonite and a piece of a special blue Star Sapphire. As he sat there contemplating this piece of jewelry he pushed a button on his desk and spoke into the air. “New document”

A very human sounding voice replied “Working. Will this be a letter, or a journal entry?”

“This will be a journal entry. Actually it will be an addenda to case Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -124. Re: Lorelei Lane

“Working, file accessed.”

Herb commenced, “The medallion for Lorelei has been fabricated by Jean-Luc Artois at his shop in Brazzaville. We have been working on the other item and the problem of the bear I believe is going to be overcome. After discussing the problem with the board we put out the request to the members of the family which are direct descendants of Lorelei and Clark and as a result I have had a number of volunteers who have come forward and offered their hair for the construction. We will use platinum blond, and black hair for the outer covering and the remaining hair for the plush stuffing. By constructing it in this fashion the bear should be literally indestructible.”

Herb picked up a pea sized device which was a marvel of micro-miniaturization. “The module has been constructed. It will be placed within the body of the bear and when I trigger it, as long as it is within five feet of Lorelei and she is the closest individual to it, it will lock on to her bioelectromagnetic signature and begin to function.”

“As long as the device is within 5 feet of Lorelei when its sensors indicate that her respiration rate and pulse as well as the electro encephalogram all indicate that she is in REM sleep, it will begin to perform its task. Being a low power soul tracker it will enable past memories to manifest themselves as dreams revealing to Lorelei just who she is on a subconscious level. In this way she will be prepared for the time when I bring Clark to her.”

“There is some uncertainty in doing this. There is no way to limit the memories to those of Lois Lane and it is possible that additional memories will manifest. We know from a previous adventure when the soul tracker was used that Lady Loisette and Lulu Kent were two previous incarnations of the Lois soul. I just hope that this doesn’t complicate matters too much.”

“Once the bear has been fabricated I will take it and the pendant to 2065 and it will be deployed. A determination will need to be made as to just how much to tell her parents. The presence of the pendant can be explained away as simply the symbol used by the Superman Foundation, however in this case it really means so much more. It is my personal belief that the sooner the bear is deployed the more effective the memory recall will be. Therefore I will make the visit when she is six months of age.”

“I have already determined by moving ahead in the time stream that this plan was totally effective. The wedding was performed on November 30, 2085 in Las Vegas with a dinner afterward. I will attend the dinner to make the explanation about the pendant. I should be able to combine the trips moving directly from March 23, 2064 to November 30, 2085 with a brief side trip to use the soul tracker to help the unmarried children of Lois and Clark to find their soul mates.”

“As a result of having the pendant Lorelei will start to acquire powers sometime around May or June of 2088 starting with superhearing followed by the rest in their natural order.”

“They will be starting the next generation of supermen in 2089 with Clark Junior, or CJ.

In view of what is to happen to them I need to start considering alternatives for his temporary care. Careful consideration must be given to this decision as custodial care will be extremely important as the duration of the care will have to correspond to the duration of the mission. The child must age at the appropriate rate so if the mission lasts six months then the custodial couple will have the care of the child for that long a period. My first choice would be Lois and Clark in Prime since they are the actual father and the prior incarnation of that particular Lois soul but I will have to discuss this with the board. That decision will in all probability simply confirm history which records that Lois and Clark in Prime were in fact custodial parents for a period of time. End entry.”

“Ended”

“Tickle file reminder.”

“Recording.”

“The bear is to be delivered to the residence in San Francisco on March 23, 2064 when Lorelei is six months old. That trip to be continued by moving directly to November 30, 2085 for the wedding dinner.”

“Trigger?”

“Trigger reminder for anytime after the bear has been finished and I have been in the office for a period of no less than three days with no other mission. End entry”

“Trigger recorded.”

“Memo”

“Letter or Journal entry?”

“Addenda to previous entry.”

“Recording.”

“Side mission – track Lorelei through first twenty to twenty-one years at one year intervals and document with both still and vid files for display to help convince the Kent family of Lorelei’s true nature.”

“Trigger?”

“Add this as a side trip to the previous mission. I will document her ages as I move to the wedding dinner and then go back to pick up Clark going directly from one to the other via TaDT. End entry”

“Ended.”

“Memo.”

“Letter or Journal entry?”

“This will be a journal entry. Actually it will be an addenda to case Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -124 and Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120. Re: Earth human spouses of Kent children.

“Recording.”

“The pendants have been fabricated for the spouses of the Kent family – first generation children and are ready to deploy in -124. They have to be fabricated for the family members in -120 still. I will be returning to -124 to assist the first generation children that have not as yet found their soul mates. I will be giving the pendants to the Kent children to give to the spouses. In the case on Jon and Laura I will go back in time to when they are married.”

“The Kent family members will be cautioned to keep the pendants a secret from Clark until such time as Lori has hers and all has been revealed.”

“The Kent family members in -120 will receive the pendants in 2033. Lois and Clark in -120 are already aware of the pendants and their properties since I gave Lois hers on her birthday in 2010. End entry.”

“Ended.”

“Tickle file reminder.”

“Recording.”

“The pendants are to be delivered while Clark is not in the time stream therefore the time frame is between 2065 and 2085 with the exception of Jon and Laura. This trip is to be continued by moving directly to -120 in 2033 just prior to the marriage of the eldest son, Jon.”

“Trigger?”

“Trigger reminder for anytime after the pendants have been finished and I have been in the office for a period of no less than three days with no other mission. End entry”

“Trigger recorded.”

comments go here

End of Volume 2 of the Matchmaker Chronicles

Clark and Lois - The Lost Years - Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 3 part 1

A/N:

Please note that everything up through and including chapter 4 of this work also occurred in Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1 – Lois Lane Mother of Utopia. It isn’t until Chapter 6 that the universes split. That is the point where the affect of the presence of a Kryptonian aura is that of slowing Lois’ rate of aging occurs only in Prime.

Sidereal (pronounced sai’diera.el) time is a universal constant based upon the movement of the planets and stars. Primarily used by astronomers. In my L&C universe (this and other stories to come) it will be used. Because in other stories I will be having events occur ‘out of sequence’ with the L&C universe of the series but the ST or UT will provide the touchstone.

TTEMPO (pronounced Tempo) Time Travel Enforcement and Multiverse Protection Organization founded in 2435 by Herb and a group of research scientists working at what was then called Uni (short for Universal) Labs, a descendant of S.T.A.R Labs. They were a multi-disciplinary group with specialties ranging from computer science to particle physics and beyond. When Herb approached them with the method he used for time travel they were interested enough to hear him out on his proposal. He had seen the affects of uncontrolled time and dimensional travel and saw the need of an organization which would oversee such travel and which would be able to take the necessary steps to correct alterations to the time lines as needed. Thus the organization was formed with several branches, Admin, Research, Documentation and Enforcement. They approached the Superman Foundation which had assumed certain governmental responsibilities with the establishment of Utopia, and were granted a charter for their activities.

TaDT - called a ‘Tad’, actual name - Time and Dimension Transporter. A small device slightly larger than a Blackberry or I-Phone type Smart phone with a full keypad (no need to use alt characters to type in numbers) and a large display. It has a tremendous amount of computing power and memory and is powered by a Kryptonian power source of tremendous power for its size. In its initial form it was only capable of moving through time since it was based on the principles of Herb’s Time Sled and was called a TT – Time Transport. After a while the ability to move geographically was added and the name was changed to TLT – Time and Location Transport. Once this was accomplished and the actual nature of the alternate dimensions was determined it was a simple matter to use the base algorithms from the geographical movement to add dimensional movement. It is capable of opening a ‘portal’ either within time lines, alternate dimensions or both. The default setting when crossing the time ‘barrier’ is location zero (Please see Herb’s recounting of his initial adventures in his book “The Time Machine”). The default when crossing the dimensional barriers is time zero, current time Sidereal, NOT local. Tempus had managed to acquire one of the later versions which enabled him to cross the dimensional barrier to Alt 1. The one unpleasant ‘side effect’ of using the Tad is that it does tend to create an almost imperceptible weakness in the dimensional barrier and a ‘worm hole’ type effect which has two fixed end points. Tempus use of the device created a paradox of sorts in that it alerted Herb to the existence of alternate dimensions. Herb was able to bring this knowledge to TTEMPO which facilitated the development of the TaDT which device Tempus later stole.

The multiverses are separated from each other primarily by their vibratory state expressed as 3 vectors. Imaging a cube having 3 dimensions – length, width and height. The vectors used to express the vibratory rate and direction represents the directions of the vibrations. Imagine 3 vectors each perpendicular to the other 2. The closer the 3 vectors are to each other in total indicates the relationship of one universe to another. For instance universe: Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 040 would be more closely related to and in fact an offshoot of Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 (Alt 1) than Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 (Prime) as can be seen by the similarities in the Gamma and Tau values..

The creation of universes within the multiverse occurs when an inflection point is reached. There are certain ‘key’ individuals who when their circumstances have 2 possible outcomes causes a disturbance in the space/time continuum which results in 2 or more universes being added to the multiverse. The number of possible outcomes determines the actual number of universes created each having it own unique vibratory signature. In all cases the variation in the vibratory change will be just sufficient for a complete differentiation to occur. In the event of multiple ‘new’ universes being created simultaneously they will automatically assume vibratory rates sufficiently diverse so that no overlap occurs. To date there have been few ‘key’ individuals identified which will bring about this development. The establishment of Utopia and those circumstances which cause it to be delayed seem to be the critical factor which causes this to be the case. In this particular instance the first split recorded in this story occurs when Lois becomes pregnant without developing the sensitivity to Clark’s aura which slows her aging process and manifested itself when the aura of her first child made itself apparent. The fundamental rule which seems to apply to the multiverses is that the shortest path to the objective is that straight line path that is followed. The straight line path being Lois’s increased longevity and birthing a rather significant number of half Kryptonian children thus hastening the foundation of Utopia. This being the straight line path, any inflection point will result in a universe wherein the foundation of Utopia will be delayed.

The Kryptonian naming convention is as follows: The male children carry the family name, or surname, after a hyphen which follows the given name. The female children carry the family or surname as part of the given name without a hyphen. Upon marriage they then adopt the family name of their husband in a format similar to the males it being added after the given name and hyphenated. For instance Zara was Za of the house of Ra (An example of this coming into play is the story “Backwards” by CarolM when Lois Kent ‘hears’ a message from Jor-El when examining Kal-El’s ship telling her “In the absence of the House of Ra, you have my blessing.” which was referring to Zara.) Kal-El’s mother Lara would have been La of the house of Ra indicating that Kal-El and Zara were distant cousins at the time of their birth marriage as infants. Although it is not mentioned in either movies, series or comics Lara would most properly have been Lara-El having taken the family name of El upon her ceremony of union to Jor-El as Zara would have become Zara-El if the ceremony had been completed wedding her to Kal-El. In this story Lara Kent’s Kryptonian name is My of the house of El – Myel. In “Luck and Consequences” by Bob Bartholomew, Lois made up a Kryptonian name. At the press conference she said her name was Lor of the house of El as her married name. This would have had to be L of the house of Or prior to her marriage indicating to me that this was a spur of the moment creation or else she would have come up with a longer given name, although this is still perfectly legitimate. This naming convention is an aid to Kryptonian genealogists in tracing family histories. There are cases such as Lt. Ching or Lord Nor where the surname is not mentioned. This could be due to the presence of the title: Lt. or Lord. In the case of Lt. Ching the reason would be the presence of a *military* title. The same would apply to General Zod. With Nor and Trey it could be because they are members of the aristocracy. I seem to recall at some point that Nor is referred to as Zara’s brother which would make his complete name Nor-Ra.
Footnotes:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefighter%27s_helmet
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squamous_epithelium
3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirlian_photography
4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Saxton_Burr
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-field
5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioelectromagnetism
6. This version of the song Borrowed Time is by Leahy.
A concert video can be found here:

7. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_vehicle
8. For additional reading - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Kilner
klj

To be completed in the Epilogue

Last edited by KenJ; 04/30/14 02:25 AM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj