G Version

* * denotes emphasis
< > denotes thoughts
(#) footnotes
/ denotes telepathic communication/

For reference purposes the following will hold true throughout.

Universal Locator Designation
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 - Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Canon Alt Clark universe also called – Alt 1

Previously –

A thought suddenly occurred to Clark. The implications of the fact that this pendant could prolong the life of Lori suddenly hit him. He turned to Herb and asked, “Herb, could the same thing be done for all of the Earth human spouses?”

With a slight chuckle Herb began to tell Clark a story. “Clark, we started distributing the pendants some time ago. We were holding it as a surprise for you and Lori. I guess it’s time for your family to reveal themselves.” He turned to the family and asked, “Ready for the unveiling?”

All of the non-Kryptonian spouses smiled at his consternation. Most of the spouses would at this point be in their fifties and were in some cases graying at the temples and showing some wrinkles. At Herb’s signal they all removed wigs and makeup to reveal a family all of who were apparently in their mid twenties.

Herb explained, “After I transported you twenty years into the future I returned and fulfilled my promise of using the soul tracker to help the unmarried Kents to find their soul mates. At that time I distributed pendants to each of them. As soon as they had been married for about three years and the Kryptonian aura had worked its magic on their physiology they each became super and their aging process was slowed so that it was the same as their spouse. I’m sorry we had to deceive you but, as I always say, ‘Too much information, too soon is not necessarily a good thing’. Besides, you’ll have to pardon me, I wanted to see the look on your face when we revealed all to you. The family decided that the super spouses would stay undercover unless there was a real need. If there is a major problem needing their assistance however they are ready to act.”

That became the last word. Herb shook hands around and took his departure. The family members began leaving and taking their family with them, leaving Clark and Lori as the final couple.

And now -

Chapter 14 – Working Together

After the party broke up and the Lane family had been returned to San Francisco via superman express, the kids and their spouses had returned home and Clark and Lori returned to San Diego.

They decided to move her out of the apartment she was sharing and into Clark’s, which was now their apartment.

Her roommates had apparently gone home for the weekend so it wasn’t necessary for Clark to change out of the suit while he packed her things at superspeed. Mostly what she had in the apartment was clothing and that was quickly packed for the move.

They moved her stuff to their apartment and into the drawers and closet along with Clark’s. Lorelei placed Clarkie bear on her dresser. Clark was still in the suit when she then went in to prepare for bed.

Lorelei came out of the bathroom wearing the black teddy that Clark had purchased for her (and himself) as a wedding present. The only jewelry she was wearing was her wedding ring and the pendant. Stopping in the doorway, she placed her right hand on the door jamb and thrust her left hip out. An anticipatory smile graced her face.

Clark stood there holding two glasses of champagne he had poured for them, when he saw her. He stopped dead in his tracks. He spun into a pair of black silk sleep shorts, a matching silk shirt which was unbuttoned and still holding the glasses of champagne said softly, “Didn’t spill a drop.”

She looked absolutely incredible. She took his breath away. She looked over at the dresser and thought better of Clarkie bear’s placement. She walked over and turned him around so that he was facing away from the bed. All Clark could do was stare at her as she walked over to him. She took the glasses from his hands and set them down on the side table.

Saying, “I don’t want anything to cloud this moment,” she slid her hands inside his shirt sensuously moving her hands up over his pecs to his shoulders, she started pushing his shirt off.

He said, “The moment we were destined for ...”

“That’s what makes it so special.” She murmured as she initiated a very deep kiss.

Still in a clinch they moved backward to the bed and Clark laid her down with him on top of her and they continued kissing.

“I love you, Clark Kent”

“I love you Lori Lane.”

“Clark, there’s only one thing. This time I’m a virgin. I know you will be tender, but just so you know.”

They continued kissing and Clark unconsciously began to float both of them off the bed. He turned them inverted so that she would be on top.

She lay on top of him with as much of her skin touching his as was humanly possible. She shed the top of the teddy and then she started sliding her breasts back and forth across his chest. Every time her erect nipples came in contact with his nipples they both let out a soft moan. While she continued this she initiated another kiss. As their tongues performed a gentle duel she started moving her hips. She could remember all of the times that they had made love in the past and just the thought of how it had felt caused her to want to rush things.

Their lovemaking was slow and sweet. The patience and love that she saw mirrored in his eyes and countenance were almost overwhelming and she would have been if not for her memories of their many years together.

When they finished, Lori lay down flat on his chest and promptly fell asleep. Clark’s hands continued to caress her body for a time and then after planting a kiss on the top of her head, he too fell asleep.

It was like returning home. There was a comfort and ease of sharing which was based on over sixty years of love. It had been slow and sweet and fulfilling for both of them. When they were finished they were both looking down on the bed from the ceiling.

Lori let out a contented sigh. And then she said, “Wow.”

Clark replied, “I know.”

They both laugh lightly.

Lori said, “That was wonderful and you were so tender. I love you so much.”

Clark replied, “I wanted your first time to be extra special.”

Lori replied, “Oh, it was!”

They started kissing some more.

Clark broke away and said, “You know, I could still make reservations in Hawaii for a honeymoon.”

As Lori threw her arm across his chest and puller him to herself she said, “We are not leaving this room!” She rolled over and they started kissing again. One thing led to another and they had another session of intimacy.

Afterward Lori said, “That was wonderful. I love you soooo much I can hardly stand it. You were so sweet to me, so gentle. It was just like I remembered.”

Clark slowly floated them back down onto the bed. Afterward they lay, arms and legs entwined, her head on his chest and they talked of their future. Clark started the discussion, “You need to complete your degree. And then we can return to Metropolis.”

“I graduate in the spring. I could transfer to the graduate program for Journalism at MetU. They offer some courses that they don’t offer at SD State”

“That would work too. Then we could live in the Kent homestead and not have to pay rent here. We could fly out to see your family on a regular basis the same way we used to fly to Smallville to visit my folks. I could get a job at the Planet again.”

“We could both start at the Planet so that we could be together.”

It didn’t take long to decide to wait until she graduated and move.

The following summer they moved to Metropolis and took up residence in the Kent homestead. It was early enough in the summer for Lorelei to register for summer classes. Her plan was to take summer classes and an extra heavy load each semester so that she would have her Masters in two years. They decided that she would need a car so they went to a dealership to look around. Naturally the only vehicle that would satisfy her was a silver Jeep Grand Cherokee. Even after all these years they were still making them. The main difference was that now they were using a Hydrogen fuel cell (7) for the power plant rather than an internal combustion engine. As soon as she sat in it she patted the dash and said “I’ve missed you.” Surprisingly enough Clark was even able to get “LL” vanity plates for her.

After they had returned to Metropolis, Clark talked to Jon to see if he could use the device created by Bernie Klein to check Lorelei’s aura. They had been using the device on each of the non-Kryptonian spouses since it had been created. When they did her aura showed up as blue with a slight tinge of red. They planned to recheck every 6 months to determine when they would be able to start their new family.

It had been over six months since Clark had moved into this time period and he hadn’t had to spend all of that time searching for Lori. He knew where she was so he invested some time establishing his new identity. Part of that was writing for smaller newspapers and journals to establish a portfolio looking forward to the time he would be returning to the Planet. After they were married, he was also able to do some freelance work.

Frank Richards, the current Editor in Chief of the Daily Planet had no problems hiring Clark. The city desk had an opening and he had an impressive resume and portfolio. To her disappointment he would only take Lorelei on as an intern since she didn’t have much of a portfolio. At least he agreed to setting her schedule to correspond to Clark’s as much as possible. She started off as the gofer and after a couple of months moved up to research assistant. The Lois side of her personality rankled at this but Clark was able to smooth her ruffled feathers by pointing out that it wouldn’t last too long. She just had to ‘pay her dues’.

A couple of months later Clark was working on a story about foreign nationals here in the US illegally. He went to Frank and asked to have Lorelei assigned to him to do the research. Frank agreed to his request and told him to adjust his and her hours so that they could work on it effectively.

Lorelei, while in the process of gathering data on a list obtained from the State Department, came across a picture that she recognized as a student she had had a run in with at MetU. The individual was a real male chauvinist. It turned out that he was a Muslim from Saudi Arabia here on an expired visa. She did more in depth research and found that he was linked with a group called the Muslim Brotherhood. She knew that this group had been behind a lot of unrest in Muslim countries early in the century. She then cross checked this information against the rest of the list and found that the majority of the Arab nationals here illegally were also associated with that group. She brought the information to Clark’s attention.

“Clark, about a month ago I had a run in with this guy on campus. Actually, he was hitting on me. When he found out I was married, his tune changed and he got a real attitude. I’ve done some more checking and I think we could be onto something big here. Most of the members of this list belong to a particular group. That group has been responsible for governmental unrest and terrorism in the past. I think that we ought to narrow our research to Middle Easterners since we may have a local connection. Now, you know, I don’t have any real dislike of Muslims. I had several friends, well, maybe acquaintances, of Muslims in college and they were fine people, but this guy was creepy.”

“Are you sure about this guy you believe you recognized?”

“I’m as sure of it as I am that I’m sitting here. I couldn’t mistake him. He made *quite* an impression. A negative one, that is.”

“Okay. Maybe we could tail him and perhaps get a line on some of the others on the list?”

“If there’s one of them here, there’s a good possibility that more of them are around. Let’s give it a try.”

Lorelei hacked into the MetU system and started by checking the registrar’s information on the individual. They got the address of an apartment building in the Suicide Slum area. When they staked it out they saw several Middle Easterners moving in and out of the building. It was unclear if they all lived there or if they were coming and going from meetings. They continued the stake out using a camera with a telephoto lens and night vision capabilities. They were able to match up a majority of the images they had gotten with pictures of the individuals on the list they were working from. Clark used his enhanced vision to check out what rooms were in use. All the rooms in the building were inhabited. There would be no opportunity to get into a room near the one being used for meetings.

“Clark, we can’t get in so we won’t be able to plant a bug inside. They’d see you while you were doing it. Take us home, I have an idea.”

Clark flew them back home to pick up a couple of things, they changed into dark clothing and then he flew them back. They had picked up some surveillance equipment. It was dark so Clark was able to fly up and attach a miniature wireless microphone to the frame of the window making sure he couldn’t be seen by anyone inside. When he returned they checked the recording equipment and found that they were getting a good signal so they started recording. They were able to record the proceeds of the meeting. Those in the meeting were all speaking in Arabic so Lorelei didn’t understand what was being said but Clark translated for her.

Lori and Clark found out that there were plans afoot for a major terrorist attack on Metropolis. The group was going to have possession of one of the ‘rogue’ atomic weapons that had gone missing with the breakup of the old Soviet Union. The plan was to bring it to Metropolis inside a cargo container by ship. It was very heavily shielded so that it wouldn’t be picked up by radiation detectors. It would be placed in the old sewer tunnels below center city and detonated mid morning one day the next month. Flying at just below the speed of sound, Clark fetched the microphone so that it wouldn’t be spotted in the morning.

The next morning they wrote up the story, without filing it. Then they contacted the Department of Homeland Security and asked for an appointment to meet with the local director. The meeting was scheduled for 2:00 that afternoon.

comments go here

To be continued in - Chapter 15 - The Intervention

Last edited by KenJ; 04/30/14 02:26 AM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj