Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments? Just another goofy piece. I thought maybe, just once, I could give Tempus a plan he might actually get right...
wave

*(belated) Woohoo! 500 Posts!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
And I see that you (one of the "good guys") also had a plan -- to become a Columnist. Congratulations on post #500. smile

This was a cute story; and what a creative twist. The thought of Tempus being a philosophy teacher and thus influencing the next generation is shock .

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I'd hate to see the comments he would write on the students' essays and term papers.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
the professor paused to turn around and underline the word on the chalkboard
Why do I get the feeling that Tempus is the professor in this tale?

"Man's struggle- to better himself, to achieve greatness, or create a perfect world- becomes not only redundant, but utterly ridiculous!
Definitely Tempus.

"Mr. Tempus, sir?"
clap

"Wells, sir."
eek Totally didn't see that coming!

Who defines what Utopia is? Who keeps it in place?
Erm...Superman?

Tempus glanced back at Herb, who seemed struck by the concept. A small smile graced his lips, and he looked at his watch. "That will be all for today's lecture. You are free to go." He turned away from his pupils and began to erase the chalk off the green surface before him. He was trying to hold it together, hoping it had worked...
How delightfully evil!

Tempus smiled. Of course you can. After all, you penned it. He turned and closed the briefcase on his desk, successfully hiding the copy of A Modern Utopia within it.
clap

Ironic. Perhaps that explains the fascination.
Awesome! And we all know how much Tempus loves irony!

"Have you traveled a lot, sir?"

He smiled. "Yes. More than you might guess."
rotflol

"Duh." He paused for effect. "It's boring."
rotflol

Nicely done! I think you captured Tempus' voice just perfectly too!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
p.s., I'd hate to see the comments he would write on the students' essays and term papers.
<Prods Mouse to write that ficlet>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute take on Tempus! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for the comments, guys!

Lynn: Good guys? Good guys?! Aw, man... /promptly jumps down from first place on my chart of evilness/ <--- that's actually not a joke. I started the chart about a week ago as a joke with my brother, and was planning on posting it but am going to have to rearrange some names.
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> This was a cute story; and what a creative twist. The thought of Tempus being a philosophy teacher and thus influencing the next generation is mecry why won't he let me sleep?! Or do homework, for that matter /pouts as she opens a new doc/

Laurach: Thanks! Glad you liked it.

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/sighs/ I know. Muse already nudged Lynn's idea into my brain, dagnabit... why won't he let me sleep?! Or do homework, for that matter /pouts as she opens a new doc/
clap YAY!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> /sighs/ I know. Muse already nudged Lynn's idea into my brain, dagnabit... why won't he let me sleep?! Or do homework, for that matter /pouts as she opens a new doc/
razz

jk. wink

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Tempus goes back in time to teach a young Wells about Utopia? Now, I haven't read a modern Uptopia by Wells. Are you saying that he forms his views from Tempus or that Tempus was changing his views as we knew them to be on L&C? Either way, I totally could see Tempus doing this (poor Herb - Sucker again) and loving the irony. Good little ficlit! clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> /sighs/ I know. Muse already nudged Lynn's idea into my brain, dagnabit... why won't he let me sleep?! Or do homework, for that matter /pouts as she opens a new doc/
razz

jk. wink
rotflol Well, not exactly. I'd hate to see your grades suffer. However, I'm glad that your muse is continuing to find ways to entertain me! angel-devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
razz

jk. wink
goofy

--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> /sighs/ I know. Muse already nudged Lynn's idea into my brain, dagnabit... why won't he let me sleep?! Or do homework, for that matter /pouts as she opens a new doc/
smile1

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Heh! Now there's a thought... wink

Very well-written piece! smile Good job!

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Who is to say that Tempus did not encourage Wells to dream about Utopia...Duh!!! wink

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks guys! Glad you liked it!

--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi again!

"Competition. The word brings many different thoughts to mind. Games, contests, sports- even simple accomplishments can be considered showing a competitive spirit.
Lois’s college education? Although the A/N suggest differently.

People compete to get land, to get the best jobs- even to become President of the United States!
Hmm…would colleges in Victorian England make you look up to the US President? And would Tempus with his future background? Intriguing. Very intriguing…

Everything man wants to accomplish is only to be the first, the best and the greatest.
Lex Luthor. Lois Lane. Superman. And yes, he can deny it all he wants. The big Boy Scout still does it to thumb the world and its quirky ways in the face.

Who defines what Utopia is? Who keeps it in place?
Aaaaahhh…Good that you ask. A group of busybodies equipped with time management devices so they can fix non-utopian things.

I always believed that one day in the future we could eliminate things like wars and sickness and create a utopia...
Nah, won’t work. People’s self-interest will win out.

"Duh." He paused for effect. "It's boring."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
wave again, Michael!
Lois’s college education? Although the A/N suggest differently.
clap Now there's a fun crossover! Though the combination of Doc Brown and HG Wells might be a bit too wild of a ride...

Thanks again for your comments!

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Now there's a fun crossover! Though the combination of Doc Brown and HG Wells might be a bit too wild of a ride...
/jump into the conversation mid-stream /

Only person missing would be Jules Verne.

/jump back out/ peep

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mouserocks:
<strong> clap Now there's a fun crossover! Though the combination of Doc Brown and HG Wells might be a bit too wild of a ride...
/jump into the conversation mid-stream /

/jump back out/ huh ) That would be pretty great, though. Definitely one wild ride. laugh

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/dead pans/ Well, Jules and Verne Brown are probably there already. Even if they're still soiling their diapers wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard