Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#84863 02/21/12 08:51 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
Who could ask for a sweeter more innocent WAFFY story than this!

I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day, just like Lois I think it is very tough on single people, but this was special.

Battle on!
Thank you, Morgana! Before I met my husband, I used to dress in black and watch horror movies on Valentine's Day, because, yes, it *is* tough on single people. I *almost* made Lois do the same thing (mention watching some horror movies as her plan for the night). Glad you enjoyed!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#84864 02/21/12 01:00 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Was going to review this story on ff.net, and was going back to check and see just what I wrote on these comments (since I hate double commenting laugh )... and I learned that I never actually commented on this story! eek Don't know how that got past me... I guess it must have had something to do with my internet connection... but the blame is solely my own. blush

I actually really liked the idea of lunch with Ellen taking Clark down a peg- too funny! At least we know where Lois gets her sense of dramatics from. wink

The jumper was a good little side point. Although it actually made me think of a "Mike and Molly" episode I caught the other day (a show I normally don't watch, but I can find anything to procrastinate) which I literally lol'd at.
(jumper) How come there’s no news
vans and helicopters?
(carl) This is Valentine’s Day… the city
is filled with jilted jumpers.
You’re lucky you got
your own ledge.
(mike) You hear that? You’re
not the only fella in town
with a little case
of the “boo-hoos.”
(carl) Apparently, there’s some guy
on the Michigan Avenue Bridge
dressed in a Batman suit.
(mike) That must be getting a lot of airplay.
(carl) Every channel.
(mike) Hey, let’s face it, you can’t
compete with Batman on a bridge.
Now, why don’t you
come inside.
(carl) Yeah. And if you still
feel like jumping,
do it on a slow news day.
laugh Just reminded me of Lois and Clark, for some reason (probably your story :p ).

Anyways... back on topic, I loved this line from *your* story:
"And I'd love to be your valentine, you sentimental marshmallow."
clap Perfect! We have a new nickname for Clark (when lunkhead doesn't fill the picture)!

Great job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#84865 02/21/12 01:36 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Was going to review this story on ff.net, and was going back to check and see just what I wrote on these comments (since I hate double commenting )... and I learned that I never actually commented on this story! Don't know how that got past me... I guess it must have had something to do with my internet connection... but the blame is solely my own.
LOL! Thanks! laugh (I also hate double commenting, so I totally get you!)

I actually really liked the idea of lunch with Ellen taking Clark down a peg- too funny! At least we know where Lois gets her sense of dramatics from.
lol Seriously though! Ellen's kind of a nut that way. Plus, I just thought it would be kind of funny if she just bulldozed down his optimism.

The jumper was a good little side point. Although it actually made me think of a "Mike and Molly" episode I caught the other day (a show I normally don't watch, but I can find anything to procrastinate) which I literally lol'd at.
That quote was just too good! Never heard of that show though...Glad you liked the jumper. I waffled on that part, but ultimately decided that Clark needed that second splash of cold water all over his optimism.

Perfect! We have a new nickname for Clark (when lunkhead doesn't fill the picture)!
Thanks! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#84866 02/21/12 04:02 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Dress in black and watch Horror movies? Nope before I meet my husband I either worked late or had lots of single friends over for games and dessert.

It was a cool way to put thoughts of romance out of our minds and still meet interesting people!

Hmmm come to think of it, that would be a cool way for Lucy to spend *next* Valentine's Day!

Again, thanks for the awesome story.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#84867 02/21/12 05:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
Dress in black and watch Horrow movies? Nope before I meet my husband I either worked late or had lots of single friends over for games and dessert.

It was a cool way to put thoughts of romance out of our minds and still meet interesting people!

Hmmm come to think of it, that would be a cool way for Lucy to spend *next* Valentine's Day!

Again, thanks for the awesome story.
That's a nice thing, Morgana, and definitely a good way to put thoughts of romance safely out of mind. When I was in college, I'd invite people into my room and watch The Evil Dead movies. smile When I was working, it was different - I was getting home around 8pm and was usually dead-tired (was crunch time in the college admissions office). So no inviting people over.

I actually never had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day. I was always single...and when I did meet my husband, we were already engaged by the time V-Day rolled around. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#84868 03/04/12 08:40 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
goofy

Then it came to him. Caffeine.
laugh

"Anytime. We can't have tomorrow's headline reading 'Reporter Snaps: Kills Six,'" he teased.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#84869 03/04/12 03:18 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! Darth Michael is here! hyper

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard