Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kerth
Kerth
Okay, so here's what happened. I really didn't want to replicate someone else's story, so I tried to rewrite part 3. But it was awful. So after stewing over it for a few days, I've gone back to the first version. I'm sorry it took so long to get it posted - that was never my intention.

Now, to the particulars:

Virginia - I'm not saying they're going to be exact duplicates. But there are a lot of similar elements. Thanks for the reassurance on the title. smile

Lynn - Yay! I'm glad I lured you out on the second part. I'll try harder in the future to make the first part worth commenting on, too.

Mrs. Luthor - Oh, it is SO a date. laugh

Lola - I didn't mean to leave you hanging. <ducks> As for the beta part - I first got the idea last Thursday and I was rushing to get it done and posted by Valentine's. I knew your schedule is sometimes hectic and I didn't want to pressure you.

Tracey - You picked up exactly what I was trying to establish with the spice conversation. Thank you!

Sira - Oooh! Another lurker lured out into the light! Thank you so much for the compliments - I giggled and clapped when I read them.

Sarah - Will it work for you if it's just a longer part? <g>

L - Wow - I've L reading my story!?! Awesome! clap

Amber - Thank you for the highest possible compliment in fanfic. It means a lot to me that you'd think they're true to the characters. laugh

Amy - A third lurker joins the fray! Whee!

Emily - I think Lois is probably really glad that mind-reading isn't one of Clark's talents (at present, anyway). You'll have to let me know how your pudding turned out. <g>

SJH - OMG! It's been forever since you've chimed in on one of my stories. I've missed your snarkilicious sense of humor so much!

I'm going to do one more read-through of part 3 and then I'll finally get it posted. Thanks to everyone for your comments and your patience. sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'll try harder in the future to make the first part worth commenting on, too.
My lack of posting on the first one was no reflection on the part's comment-worthiness, but on my hectic schedule.

I had originally planned to comment only after I finished reading the story; that I commented in the middle of it reflects how good the story is.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Ah, Lynn, you proved my point. smile
I had originally planned to comment only after I finished reading the story; that I commented in the middle of it reflects how good the story is.
I want to write stories that are so good that you can't wait until the end to say something (even if it's just one line to say "like it"). I will redouble my efforts in the future to make all the parts worth a comment. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I am not sure how you can improve upon your writing; it is so good as it is. But if it means that you'll be posting more stories as added practice, then by all means try! wink

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
What a great idea mentioning spices from all over the world! Of course Clark is able to get this stuff and not worry about getting the bottles through customs!

The chemistry is sweet and easy. Perfect for two friends stumbling towards something more than a mere friendship.

So sad Part 3 is the final!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Lynn - There's always room for improvement. smile

Morgana - Thank you! I'm glad the chemistry came through.

My thanks - again - to everyone who's taken the time to leave comments. sloppy

Ides of Metropolis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, look! Part 2! blush
Twice Lois almost turned around to return home, but she would have been stuck in the same rush-hour traffic with nothing to show for it so she persevered.
Yes. Better face Clark than rush-hour traffic. I like where this is headed…

Lois climbed the stairs slowly, still desperately trying to figure out what she was going to say.
How about: “Umm… Amm… Uhhh… I… Clark… Umm… Amm… I… You… Umm… Amm… Uhhh… We…”

Spending an evening with Clark was better than yoga for her blood pressure.
goofy And since she’s already on the track. Soon it will actually be a workout like yoga and elevate her heartrate?

What if she lost that? What if she ruined the easy companionship they currently shared?
I’m sure there are lots of yoga studios in Metropolis. And if she’s lucky, the Planet’s health plan will cover it. Plus, she will likely book a course at a yoga studio run by an evil environmentalist, thus also get a story out of it.

"You can say anything to your best friend."
Yes. Didn’t Clark say “I can’t take it anymore. Take me, if you still want me, I’m yours.” And, they’re still here. Earth is also still spinning nicely.

For half a second she was tempted to turn around and run.
/imagines Clark’s look on his face/ But hey, it could be worse. Mayson could open the door.

In addition to the smile he was wearing jeans and dark gray t-shirt that was every bit as form fitting as the one he'd worn on their almost date.
“In addition to” goofy Well, there’s Sugar and Spice right there in the living room… So, at least, two?

How romantic could half an already-opened bottle be anyway?
goofy But that would make their *next* date, the one that’s the actual, official date, their *third* date. Umm…never mind. I just realized that was a stupid worry.

Especially when I'd be happy just to come over and count how many spices you have."

He grinned and let out a surprised laugh. "I can tell that not knowing is really starting to get to you."
Spice counting can be romantic.

"Are you kidding me?" she exclaimed in amazement. "Do you actually use all of these?"
/imagines sheepish shrug/

"Why not make chocolate pudding if you're going to go to all that trouble? Vanilla is so… bland."
goofy

"Macaroni and cheese," he said, as if it should have been obvious to her. "You make your roux, add milk, peel an onion and stick a bay leaf to it with a clove. Let that simmer in the sauce while it thickens. It gives it a nice complexity."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Yes. Didn’t Clark say “I can’t take it anymore. Take me, if you still want me, I’m yours.” And, they’re still here. Earth is also still spinning nicely.
Sure, but that was only after Lois had spent an entire night seducing him.

Alphabetized my spices."

Also works great on rice the same way.
Yes, it does! I frequently toss a bay leaf into the rice steamer. Nice to know I'm not alone. smile

Thanks for the long FDK, Michael. It is very much appreciated!

Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sure, but that was only after Lois had spent an entire night seducing him.
Are you actually trying to find reasons for them *not* to hook up? wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard