Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy,

I was very content with your "wow," but am glad to get your other thoughts, as well. Thanks for taking the time.

Half-way through writing TTW I found a story in the archive that had a somewhat similar premise- Lois being sent to altClark before she knows her own Clark is Superman. I came very close to deleting what I had, but Lab told me "Don't you dare!" I would say the same to you, as well. Even if our ideas might be the same, the stories would definitely be different. (You know, mine would feature buckets of introspection, while your characters would just yakkety, yak, yak...Ha!)

After I had posted more than half of this story, I started to chicken out on killing Tempus. It had been my idea to do him in all along, and therefore to draw the character of Lane as someone who was capable of doing what the other three weren't. I felt I skated a fine line (sometimes might have fallen off) between making her hard enough for this and making her likable. Someone to root for, and then to forgive the violence.

I should say that when I lost heart and started trying to come up with something else I could do to Tempus, I sent the rest of the story to Sherry, who told me to just go for it.

Looking back, I'm glad I did.

I really enjoyed the varied responses to ABA. They were all over the place, and taught me a lot about storytelling, a skill at which I am still green.

You mentioned come confusion over the two Clarks. You should have seen me writing it! A nightmare of pronouns. I looked back on it again today, just to see how I might clear it up before it goes to live in the archive. My muse stubbornly refuses to work that equation any further, and I can't say I blame her.

Thanks for your final thoughts,
CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
CC said:
I looked back on it again today, just to see how I might clear it up before it goes to live in the archive.
Eek!! eek You haven't submitted it yet??? CC, this is already on my Kerth list for next year, so you'd better darned well hurry up with it!!! At least make it eligible by virtue of having been posted in full on the boards before year-end, okay? wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
<<There she goes again, that Wendy. Bossy, bossy, bossy... >>

I'm really getting the hang of this whole introspection thing. laugh

CC (who submitted it, but still frets over it...)

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I know you posted this like ... *looks* ... 9 years ago but I just found it and had to add...in all of Clark's and the MPD searching for Lois, I wonder how many unsolved dissapearance cases were solved.

Jimmy Hoffa? wink

Good story. It's 4:30 AM here, and I just finished! Good night!

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard