Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KathyM Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
OK, I've just read it - slowly, savoring every word - and like Wendy, all I can say right now is wow! And I need time to be able to string two thoughts together, so I'll post comments in a bit...

And a while later...Well, I don't know that I'm coherent yet, but I'll try. CC, this was incredible. Absolutely magnificent, wonderful, fantastic, I'm running out of adjectives here, I should pull out the thesaurus. I totally loved every minute of it, even when my heart stopped beating and I was tearing out my hair when Clark was kissing Lane or when Tempus showed up at Clark's...

...or when he had kryptonite (of course) *and* a gun (why not?) filled with kryptonite bullets (well, duh...) eek My heart had skipped any number of beats during this whole section, and then when we found out that Lane was shot it literally jumped right into my throat. I was right there with them all through their panic as they didn't know what to do for Lane to make sure they didn't put her at further risk. Very powerful.

A wonderful conversation between the two Clarks. I just loved it, and then came Henderson. What an absolute delight. smile When Bill first arrived, I had totally forgotten that he *knew*, so the significance of what he was seeing didn't dawn on me either. I adored this entire scene - absolutely perfect.

“So, you’ve told other people?” Superman turned to Clark, the excitement in his voice hard to disguise. “And that’s been…ok?”

“It’s nice, actually,” Clark conceded with a smile. “And I didn’t actually tell him.”

“Not in so many words,” Henderson put in, studying Superman with an interested eye. “He’s a little taller than you, maybe. Or younger.”
smile

And then, finally, the reunions. ::sigh:: I liked how Lane lets alt-Clark into her heart, and lets him know that she's done so.

I really liked the idea of the blood tests as well - and how Clark didn't need it to know that the baby is his. The entire scene in the elevator was absolutely lovely, completely waffy, and made me blink back any number of happy tears. [Linked Image]

Re your Author's Notes: Once again, I'm honored that you cite one of my comments as a source for your ideas. However...since it seems that you used my comment as a stepping stone to introduce the concept of Clark's attraction to Lane, I just want to make it clear to all of my fellow readers that I am not responsible for ANY of the kisses that Clark and Lane shared in the pursuit of this concept. That was all CC's idea. I knew nothing...

But I know an incredible story when I see it. notworthy Thank you *so much* for sharing this with all of us. And I am ready for your next story, any time, anywhere.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow.

I've just read it, and at the moment that's all I can say. And I'll say it again. Wow! goofy

Wendy smile (off to make yet another addition to her Kerth list... )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Woo hoo! Tempus got exactly what he deserved! Kudos to Lane, who had the guts to do what the others couldn't.

It's nice to see that the couples have finally straightened out their dilemmas, and that Lane admitted, even if under the influence of pain killers, that she and her Clark are going to be okay. And Lois can finally quit feeling guilty for what she did in the other universe. All, in fact, ends well.

This is a terrific story, even if I normally hate cliffhangers. Usually I don't read them until they are done, but I made an exception in this case.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Kerth
Kerth
eek

What a showdown!!! wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cool, cool, cool! Ding, dong, Wicked ole Tempus is dead. wink

Nice, satisfying ending to a wonderful story. I like how Lane told them all exactly the truth..that she was the only one with the conviction to pull the trigger. And then her graceful slide to the floor..yikes! Funny scene with Bill, just when he thought he had it all figured out!

Glad that all is well in ours and the Alt universe.

AMAZING story CC..what's next? wave

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
wow

very well done - this was a great ride and i'm sorry to see it end

looking forward to more from you in the future smile

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Let's get the unpleasantness out of the way first. I hated all the pregnancy stuff, but then you knew that would be the case. Luckily it was a fairly minor point in the action, but it did taint the emotions quite a bit.

Overall this was an excellant story. I'd like to point out two parts of this last instalment that I particularily liked. The idea of the blood types being different was good. The O positive versus O negative was inspired. It's an old sci fi clique that different dimensions always seem to have something reversed, like electrical polarity or some such thing. It just seemed to make sense in context.

The other thing is Lane being able to pull the trigger. That was also perfectly in character. She had the other three nailed as not being able to do such a thing, but we, the gentle readers must remember where this Lois Lane, or Lane, came from. She'd been held prisoner for years in her own dimension. That has to make a person harder. Who really knows what she had to endure, and what she had to do to finally escape. This was not a pampered Lois Lane. This was a woman who'd had violence visited upon her (probably quite often) and wasn't above using it in return if necessary.

Also, it made for a convenient way to rid the two couples of their ongoing problem.

Nicely done.

Tank (who can only say to CC... Next!)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
CC

WOW! Just amazing! smile1

Tricia cool

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Brava, CC. clap clap clap clap

Excellent ending.

In the beginning, I mentioned that this story helped me understand Through The Window better, understand how Lois could marry alt-Clark.

In this story, you developed the characters and the relationships so well, so much so that I could see each character became a strong individual. I loved to see them interact.

My favourite is Lane. She is the gutsiest version of Lois that I've read in a long time. I can see how she pulled the trigger without remorse. It was the right ending for Tempus.

(Although he could come back because he died before he was born and so you can write about him kidnapping the kids, the grandkids and the household pets. huh

Thanks for a great story.

gerry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow great job. Bravo! laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Outstanding. razz (to the character, not the author) and Clark's continual deference to her was in keeping with his character but hard for this regular mortal to understand. (I guess sometimes love is like that, but huh?)

In so many ways it was much simpler with this Clark.
Nope. I wouldn't have wished her with someone I didn't like. It felt like only Clark believed they'd had a Soul Mates relationship.

The other universe's couple was a delight and reminded me of the first season of L&C. They were a hoot from start to finish. I loved the other universe's Lois. Spunk and personality. laugh

“I am forever swept along in that woman’s wake,” she groaned.
And your killing off Tempus - I've been waiting for that to happen!

clap clap

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I went back and read teh whole story after I read the ending, just like I said I would. I am very impressed. This story is very powerful, and it really gives a lot of background to why Lois married Alt Clark.

I liked the fact that the two Lois and two Clarks could easily tell each other apart, and I especially liked how the two Loises have different blood types.

My only problem with the whole story was that Lois had a gun. However, that is an immensely personal problem of mine.

All in all, this story was wonderful. I thought it was a perfect compliment to the first story in the series!

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
with Dead!Tempus you gave me the gift i was asking for. Thanks so much!
Great story.
You neatly tied up all the hanging ends from the last, and it was wonderful.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! Tempus is dead! Tempus is dead! dance Even better, Lane shot, instead of Lois.

I loved the confusion about who should take her to the hospital and what to say about who's who. And then you bring on Henderson... talk about confusion! It's good he knows the full truth though.

And there was no Herb! Wonderful!

I'm glad you put the couple back together, CC. And it's good they all know who they really want. Even if it took some time and a lot of problems to get to that conclusion.

And I can definitely see Lane using the gun. Good way to stop Tempus. Did I mention how thrilled I am he's dead? laugh

Write more, CC!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Features Writer
Features Writer
CC
just caught up - read 8-10
excellent ending
loved the story
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
CC - Sorry for coming late to the party. Just now catching up on all my reading from the Holiday weekend.

Wow. Great ending to a fabulous story! You took the hard road out - actually killing off Tempus. I had to laugh at your writer's notes where you stated that you loved this character far too much. I can tell - you do the most awesome job of writing Tempus and his way of speaking. I can really see him standing before me and drawling out those words in his lazy voice!

Loved how you gave Clark and Lois a real way to discover the paternity of the baby but still assured us that Clark accepted it as his. I knew he wouldn't let us down.

And finally, I have to give you great big claps for putting the fab four in a room together and letting them interact - I especially loved the interaction between the two Clarks as they waited in the hospital. It gave these two guys a chance to clear out their lingering doubts.

Wonderful, wonderful story. Thanks so much for sharing.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Double ack!!!!

Just realized I haven't commented on this wonderful story yet. (Thanks, Lynn for being late laugh )

I loved the way everything was tied up so nicely - each one realizing that their counterparts were not interchangable.

All in all, an excellent series! My heart was in my throat most of the time waiting to see where you'd take us. Well done!!

Missy

Top Banana
Top Banana
I wanted to be sure you all knew how much I appreciated your participation in this story!

Your comments, all the way through, were so thoughtful and generous. I loved seeing how the story was going over, where you were with me, and at what points you wanted me pushed out my own window. (I had to look it up, rivka, but I got it! eek!!)

I'm grateful,too, for how enjoyable you made the whole process.

Thanks to KathyM,Wendy,Nan,Jose,Liz,Shells,Maria,Tank,Tricia,gerry,Laura,ethica,LauraU.,Joy,Saskia,merry,Lynn, and Missy!!!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I rashly promised CC a gushing post, and it's about time I delivered on it. razz ) was an excellent way to show the differences between the Loises. Yes, as you showed earlier in the story, Lois couldn't have used it. But Lane, whose experiences were so different, could. As Tank said, it was perfectly in character for the Lois Lane of the alt-world whom you'd given us in this story.

And poor Elena's husband has been murdered once again! goofy

Loved the scene in the hospital, for all sorts of reasons. Alt-Clark fussing over Lane. The utterly fantastic conversation between the two Clarks, which they really needed to have, and which was perfect. Poor Henderson's confusion, and Alt-Clark's attempt to save the day but getting so baffled by Henderson's failure to understand how Clark Kent and Superman could be there together. thumbsup

Wendy smile (now deleting a story with some similarities to this one from her hard drive, since it couldn't hope to compare with this one)

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard