Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So...thoughts?

peep

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Beautiful, DC. Hold on, I've got to wipe my eyes. thumbsup Somber, but with a little of Perry's humor tossed in. A great look back on a great man's life. He'll be sorely missed. I loved all the questions Perry asked Clark. Very sad, but very well done.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Beautiful, DC. Hold on, I've got to wipe my eyes. thumbsup Somber, but with a little of Perry's humor tossed in. A great look back on a great man's life. He'll be sorely missed. I loved all the questions Perry asked Clark. Very sad, but very well done.
blush Thank you, Virginia. So glad that you seemed to enjoy it, despite it's bleak tone. I've had the idea to write this one for a while now. And finally, the other night my muse refused to allow me to stall on it any longer. Thanks for the kind words.

(opens several boxes of tissues, and leaves them scattered about for the gentle readers)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Wow. Just wow. It totally captures what goes through ones mind when saying goodbye to a loved one. Thank you for that story.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
In the short space since the first of the year I have attended 8 funerals. I don't remember when I have ever had so many funerals, even when I was a preacher's wife. Vicki, you captured the feeling of loss, the empty void left by someone leaving too soon, but also the wonderous memories of all the lifetime of knowing and loving someone. For someone as young as you to realize that death is loss of life but not loss of loving and to be able to express it like you did makes me smile. What a tribute to anyone! To be able to sum up a life and leave the reader smiling in a sad time is a gift.

Thanks!
Pat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Wow. Just wow. It totally captures what goes through ones mind when saying goodbye to a loved one. Thank you for that story.
Thank you for the lovely feedback, Lara. smile blush

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vicki,

Exceptionally well done.

Very poignant. thumbsup

I may have to get your opinion on a few passages I have been working on for volume 4.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
In the short space since the first of the year I have attended 8 funerals. I don't remember when I have ever had so many funerals, even when I was a preacher's wife. Vicki, you captured the feeling of loss, the empty void left by someone leaving too soon, but also the wonderous memories of all the lifetime of knowing and loving someone. For someone as young as you to realize that death is loss of life but not loss of loving and to be able to express it like you did makes me smile. What a tribute to anyone! To be able to sum up a life and leave the reader smiling in a sad time is a gift.

Thanks!
Pat
Pat, thank you so much. blush

Sounds like you've had a tough start to the year, and I'm sorry that you've had to attend so many funerals. frown I'll admit to cheating a *tiny* bit when I wrote this. I just sort of draw from my own experiences. My dad's mom passed in 2005 from pancreatic cancer. It was 10 days from her admission into the hospital, getting a diagnosis, and the time that she passed away. Up until then she'd been healthy as a horse. And the sitting vigil in the hospital when Perry goes critical was taken from my mom and sister doing the same thing when my mom's mom passed in 2009. (I wasn't there, but they were).

All things considered, this story wrote itself over only two or three days. It was pretty easy for me to slip inside of Clark's head and feel his pain, in watching a loved one leave.

I'm glad that it left you smiling at the end. I think, even when we are at our saddest in saying goodbye, there is always a part of us that can smile even then when we think about the person.

Thanks again for the feedback, and I hope to see you around IRC soon.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Vicki,

Exceptionally well done.

Very poignant. thumbsup

I may have to get your opinion on a few passages I have been working on for volume 4.
Thank you so much, Ken. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Nicely done! Even though it's sad to lose someone loved (and even we FoLCs love Perry, don't we?), I was happy at the thought that Perry had had a long and fulfilling life smile And I liked how Lois showed herself the strong one at the funeral. Good story, with nice touches everywhere. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Beautifully done. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The measure of a person's life can sometimes be in the qualities and strengths of their friends. In this fic we see these things shine brightly in Clark Kent as he says good-bye and than mourns the passing of his friend.

As far as I am concerned, this is the best story you have written to date.

Battle on indeed...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Anna B. the Greek:
Nicely done! Even though it's sad to lose someone loved (and even we FoLCs love Perry, don't we?), I was happy at the thought that Perry had had a long and fulfilling life smile And I liked how Lois showed herself the strong one at the funeral. Good story, with nice touches everywhere. smile
Thank you, Anna. smile Yep, Perry is one lovable guy. L&C had the best portrayal of Perry, at least, my favorite one, thanks to the way that Lane Smith played him and the way that the character was written. smile Glad you liked Lois as the strong one.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Beautifully done. Laura
Thank you very much, Laura! wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
The measure of a person's life can sometimes be in the qualities and strengths of their friends. In this fic we see these things shine brightly in Clark Kent as he says good-bye and than mourns the passing of his friend.

As far as I am concerned, this is the best story you have written to date.

Battle on indeed...
Wow, that's quite the compliment, Morgana! blush It's been a long, time time since I've sat down with the intention of writing a tear-jerker, so I'm really glad that this worked so well for everyone. I appreciate your feedback very much! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A Beautiful Story and well written.

It is a beautiful tribute to the Chief.

Looking forward to reading more stories.

Stuart.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by SNL:
A Beautiful Story and well written.

It is a beautiful tribute to the Chief.

Looking forward to reading more stories.

Stuart.
Thank you very much, Stuart! I appreciate the kind feedback. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Blub. whinging

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Blub. whinging
<hugs Io, offers her a tissue>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
whinging

Wow. So, so, so sad. And really really good and moving.

This line really had me in tears.
The thought occurred to him that he would have been able to lift the casket with ease on his own. He'd lifted space shuttles that weighed several tons, and had done it all without breaking so much as a sweat. But today, his strength seemed to have fled him, bleeding out along with his tears. He thought that nothing in the world had ever felt so heavy as the coffin on his shoulder.
whinging So eloquent and excellent. Thank you for this wonderfully sad piece. notworthy Great job.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard