G version
* * denotes emphasis
< > denotes thoughts
(#) footnotes
/ denotes telepathic communication/

For reference purposes the following will hold true throughout.

Universal Locator Designation
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 - Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Canon Alt Clark universe also called – Alt 1

Previously –

“They said that this was going to be a very large bomb, larger in size than the one Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols put together. That one killed 168 including 19 children under 6. The FBI estimates that between 300 to 400 lives have been spared and untold injured. Among those would have been about 40 infants and children under 6 years of age in a day care center.”

“Redo the story and add those details and send it to me again. You guys *really* did good on this one. All those kids owe you their lives. Tell you what, in view of this new story; take some extra time on your vacation. I’ll look for you back here two weeks from Wednesday. This time, take some time off, would ya?”

Lois and Clark both laughed, “Thanks Chief. We’ll try! We’ll e-mail the story to you in a few minutes.”

After a few minutes of work on rewriting the story they sent the final copy to Perry.

After they sent it off they shut the laptop down and went upstairs. When they were alone in their bedroom, Lois and Clark looked at each other as the fact of what they had just typed up sank in. Actually it was a combination of that and the news that Rachel had given them while they were waiting for the choppers. Rachel had recently found out that she was pregnant and Lois and Clark had been the first of her friends that she had told. They hadn’t mentioned it for some time. They hadn’t even allowed themselves to think about the subject for some time, but, it suddenly hit them, . . .the *children*. The children they had saved. The child their friend was about to have. The children that *they* couldn’t have. Lois walked over to Clark and put her arms around his waist and buried her face in his chest while he wrapped her up in his arms and she started softly crying.

They spent the rest of the evening, in their room just holding and being held, each comforting and being comforted by the other. After a while they made love, not desperately or fiercely, but gently and passionately.

What they didn’t know at that time was the fact that all of their married life to this point had been preparing them for this night, or more correctly had been preparing Lois’ body for this night. All of the studies that Dr. Klein had performed were done in the early part of their relationship. Even then, on a review of the data by Sam there had been a discrepancy noted. As a medical doctor he had realized that there were some discrepancies, although very slight, in Lois’ data. He had forgotten all about it when the Bummer Be Gone malfunctioned, so he had never told them. The truth of the matter was that early in their relationship there *was* a genetic incompatibility, but, more or less constant exposure to Clark’s aura had made subtle changes to her physiology which changed all that.

And Now –

Chapter 4 – The Real Vacation

Saturday September 11, 1999 happened to be the day of the Corn Festival. They had both completely forgotten about it when they had planned for their vacation. Fortunately Martha had reminded them when they arrived so Clark had picked up Lois’ boots and an appropriate dress while in Metropolis. When he came downstairs Lois was in the kitchen ‘helping’ Martha bake some goodies for the festival. After having a cup of coffee Clark changed and helped Jonathan prepare his grill and load it into the bed of the truck to take downtown. Once everything was loaded they took the truck into town where Clark helped unload and set up and then Clark drove the truck back to the farm to pick up Lois and his mom.

This year Martha was entering her Pecan Pie in the pie competition and she had encouraged Lois to bake up one of the few things in her repertoire which was Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies and enter them in the cookie competition. They all loaded up in the truck and Clark drove them into town.

As soon as they exited the truck they could hear the music from the bandstand in the gazebo. As they were approaching the town plaza they could see most of the contests that were going on. The annual husk off was in progress. They passed by as time was called and the champion threw his arms up in the air and jumped around. They hurried over to the tables where the baked goods were on display to make their entries.

After getting registered they wandered over to listen to the rest of the song at the gazebo. Smallville had gone all out this year and had gotten in a big name to provide the music. The Corn Festival Committee had gotten Earl Scruggs and friends, one of whom was Steve Martin. After listening for a couple of minutes they saw some people line dancing and they joined in.

Louisiana Saturday Night

Over the years something of a friendly competition had developed between Rachel Eck and Lois on the dance floor as to just who had the best moves in the line dance. Recently Lana had started getting in on the act now that she was engaged to Pete Ross. A really close friendship had developed between Lois and Rachel ever since Lois had been a bridesmaid and Clark had been a groomsman when Rachel Harris had married Billy Eck one and a half years earlier. Billy had been one of Clark’s best friends at Smallville High. Clark had been the Crows quarterback and Billy had been his go to guy as tight end while Pete had been a linebacker who had made it his personal responsibility to protect the quarterback seeing to it that Clark was *never* sacked. All through school those three had been like the three musketeers. Lana and Pete’s wedding was going to be held in three months and the invitations had recently gone out and Rachel and Lois were both going to be in the wedding party. Clark was going to be Pete’s best man and Billy a groomsman.

Lana, Lois and Rachel were dancing next to each other in line while Pete, Clark and Billy were in line behind them enjoying the view of their respective partners as they moved in the dance. It was a friendly competition since they had long ago become girlfriends, they were all happy with their husbands or fiancé and they all had a good time.

After the dance finished they started judging the baked goods and Lois thought that she had a sure win when Clark was chosen to be one of the cookie judges, however, he had to be impartial and she wound up with an Honorable Mention while Martha took Second Place for her pie.

They spent a lot of time with Rachel and Billy Eck, Pete Ross and Lana Lang and some other friends. Clark rang the bell on the strength test again, of course this time he had to be careful not to send the weight into orbit and this time Lois chose a Superman doll.

After having some burgers and franks that Jonathan had cooked up on the grill along with corn on the cob with lots of butter and salt, Lois had her favorite snack – a caramel apple.

When they got back to the farm she placed the Superman doll on the dresser in their room. As she did she said, “We can leave this here for the time being. If we ever have a child it will go in the crib with him. I wish we’d done that with CJ.”

To which Clark replied, “Him? You already know the gender? I would think you would want a girl.”

Lois replied, “I thought you would want a boy, one like CJ. I really miss holding him.”

“I would be happy with either, as long as he or she is healthy. I guess you’ll just have to be satisfied holding me.”

Lois threw her arms around his neck, kissed him and said, “Yes, either one as long as it’s healthy. You know, I love you Clark. I am happy holding you, but, it’s just not the same.”

He said, “I love you too Lois and I know how you feel, because I miss him too.”, as he started unbuttoning her dress. “Maybe, one of these days, something will change and we will be able to have a baby. Some very much stranger things have happened to us in the past. Don’t give up hope.”

On Monday they were ready to proceed with the rest of their vacation. That being the case they packed their bags and headed out for the visit with Lucy. They landed outside San Diego. Since they would be doing a lot of local travel, Clark went in and rented a car. They had reservations at the Marriott Gaslamp Quarter near Horton Plaza, so they went in, registered and moved their bags to the room. They then got into the car and they drove north on the I-5 to Torrey Pines.

Lucy had seen the article about the raid on the front page of the Planet a couple of days before and insisted that they tell her the whole story over dinner. She was still going to San Diego State and she filled them in on her new part time job as a technical support/help desk call taker for a hi-tech medical equipment supply company located in Torrey Pines. The next day they went to the San Diego Zoo and the Midway museum. After taking in some more of the sights the next day and even crossing over into Mexico for part of the day and a meal, they returned to the hotel.

The next day they checked out and returned the car. Clark then flew their luggage to ‘their’ island and then returned to pick Lois up and flew her out there.

The rest of their vacation was spent on their island paradise.

They had arrived at their island late in the afternoon so they had devoted their time to getting settled in and making dinner. When they had finished and cleaned up they went over to their bed and lay down to cuddle.

Thinking back to the incident in Smallville Lois started talking. “Clark what are we going to do? I know how much you want children and we can’t have any. We tried adoption once and I was turned down, but that was a couple of years ago so maybe we should try again. I’ve been a good girl and I haven’t been in any significant risk of losing my life for a while now. Maybe they’ll pass me this time. After all it wasn’t that long ago that we had CJ and he was with us for almost a year. You know, I really miss that little guy.”

Clark replied, “Yeah, I miss him too. I’m just glad that we had the opportunity to have him with us for the time we did.”

Lois mused, “I wonder how he is now?”

Chuckling, Clark replied, “Actually, he hasn’t even been born yet and won’t be for another, let’s see … about ninety years.”

A very wistful expression was on Lois’ face as she said, “That’s amazing, but, even so, he was such a good baby! And to think, somehow, he was actually, yours! There must be some hope or else he couldn’t have been, uh, will be. I’d still like to know why we had to take care of him. What was this mission that they were on? Oh well, I guess we’ll never know. Now, back to our current dilemma, maybe if we point out how well we did with CJ they’d reconsider.”

“I guess we could try after all, what’s the worst they could say – no? They’ve already said that to us once already, but, even if they say no again, I’m happy with you. You complete me the way no one else could. Every time we make love it is just that, we make *love* and it is totally fulfilling.”

As he was finishing speaking Lois was starting to unbutton her blouse. Seeing this Clark reached over and completed her task. She sat up so that he could push it off of her shoulders and down her arms. As his hands were pushing her blouse off he used one of them to unhook her bra.

“Did you just do that one-handed, mister?”

“Busted,” he said as he leaned in to kiss her. “You are really sensitive to touch to realize that.”

“To you, I’m very sensitive.”

Once the bra was off she lay back down with a sigh. Clark unbuttoned her slacks and she lifted her hips so that he could slide them and her panties down and then she picked up her legs so that they were vertically in the air so that he could remove her pants completely. She reached up and cupping her breasts she pushed them together and up to present the nipples to him. Clark, while watching this display, had first removed his shirt and then his pants. After watching him disrobe Lois licked her lips and said, “Come to Mama”

Their lovemaking was slow and sweet.

The next day on the beach Lois picked up the sun tan lotion and handed it to him. With an arched eyebrow she asked “Want to put this on for me?”

With a mock serious tone Clark said. “Your slave madam.”

Lois laughed. “No, not my slave, my *husband*. Even after three years I love the sound of that and I love you.” She said as she put her sunglasses on and lay back on the towel.

When he was applying the lotion he did her front as well as her back and he was able to pay special attention to those areas of her body that hadn’t had any prior opportunity to be exposed to the sun.

When he finished lathering up her body she pushed him down intending to take her turn enjoying the feel of every square inch of his magnificent naked body as she applied the lotion to him. Just as she was about to he stopped her and said, “Remember, I really don’t need any lotion.”

With a pout she said, “Oh darn. That’s right. So you’re taking away my fun?”

“Do you need the lotion as an excuse to put your hands on me?”

“No, I guess I don’t.” Suiting her actions to her words she set aside the lotion and proceeded to enjoy the feel of his skin under her hands. She came to the conclusion that she enjoyed it this way almost as much. Of course this only lasted for a few minutes before she threw herself completely on top of him and lay there with as much of her skin touching his as was possible.

Their lovemaking session exhausted both of them and Clark floated them over into the shade so that she wouldn’t burn while sleeping and then he dozed off as well.

That night Lois put on one of her dresses and Clark donned a suit and they flew in to Honolulu for dinner, caught a movie and then went dancing. A couple of nights later they went to Waikiki for dinner and dancing.

The rest of their vacation was spent on their island paradise. Sunning on the beach, making love, swimming in the ocean, making love or swimming in the pool with the waterfall and making love. Most of the time, even when not making love, they were naked or nearly so. Lois was picking up a beautiful tan, with no tan lines while Clark was feeling more and more reinvigorated even though he didn’t really tan.

On their last day Lois looked at Clark and said in a somewhat whiney voice, “Do we really have to go back? Can’t we just stay here for the rest of our lives? Its soooo perfect here, just you and me … together. This has been like a second Honeymoon” As she was saying this she was putting her arms around his neck and laying her cheek against his chest.

“Well, as much as I’d love to, as long as it was with you, I think that we would eventually miss the hustle and bustle of the news room and the thrill of the chase as we hunt down that next story.” He kissed the top of her head.

“I guess you’re right, it’s just that, well, you know, I’m going to have to share you with the world again.”

He pulled her into a tight hug and said, “Look at it this way. You may have to share me with the world, but I come home to you.”

Lois heaved a wistful sigh and said, “Yeah, I like it that way.”

comments go here

To be continued in Chapter 5 – Double Revelation

A/N : CJ is the child from The Family Hour if you haven't guessed that as yet. There is more detail on him coming up in a future Volume.

Last edited by KenJ; 04/30/14 02:16 AM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj