Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another tip: In the above case I used "Kent is Dead" as the search phrase and selected the Subject only option. You need the double quotes as this makes the search look for the phrase instead of 'Kent' and 'is' and 'Dead' which would get a bunch of hits also. This phrase pulled up only the TOC for the story.

Mouse made me have to search twice as she did not put 'by MouseRocks' in the title on all of her stories including this one. When I searched just for 'MouseRocks' I only got around 15 stories and I know she has written many more than that...

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 07/14/17 08:59 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Very interesting tips and tricks! The quotes thing just blew my mind; I tried it, and it really works! shock Do you know how long I've searched through endless pages of everything with the word "is" in it for a specific post or comment? Hahaha, too long. It's not even funny. goofy

When you're talking about the handle, are you saying in the TOC or in the post thread? I never realized I should do that! I was able to find 23 threads in the TOC cat. by searching under display name, but that didn't include any of the ones you've posted with my name in the title (reiterating here that you are a rockstar, Mike). I was always under the impression that if I posted it myself I didn't have to put my name in the title, but if that makes it easier then by all means I'll change it.

Also, for some reason I never realized you could leave the date range blank, only ever got as far as 5 years back. lol

Ya'll are hecka awesome. clap

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Thanks for the answer, mouserocks! I enjoy your stuff and was wondering if that story had been posted on zoom's board.

Another good way to search for stuff is to click on the posters name and choose 'view posts'. It defaults to viewing all that users posts, but in the upper right you can choose to view only created posts. I find a lot of stuff that way. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard