Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#84579 01/30/12 07:03 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
The End (?)

... wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He was running for mayor? Really? I just can't see Superman doing that. Clark, maybe, but not Superman. No wonder everyone in his family thought it was a bad idea. Glad he resigned.

I don't think Ellen Lane really has much of a leg to stand on being that she divorced her cheating husband and then apparently either remarried him or moved back in with him. But then again, she's Ellen Lane. Her opinions are her opinions. (Not unlike her daughter).

I thought Clark cuddling with the twins was adorable. Now that my kids are getting bigger, I wish (and I'm sure my husband does too) we could float them up to bed. laugh

I'm glad Superman told the press that he was grieving. It shows them again how loving, concerned, and wonderful he is that even a death of "dear friend" would bring him to tears.

Does Superman know the doo-doo he just stepped in with this line?

“I need to take care of myself and my household first and foremost. Thank you for your patience.”
I've highlighted the part that will be on the front page of every newspaper the next morning. No wonder he didn't clear his speech with Lois first. He just told everyone that he has a family. :rolleyes: Clar-k!

PS: Silly me, I forgot to tell you how wonderful this story is! clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooooooooh! Yay! clap

Reporters gathered around expectantly, murmuring and spreading rumors about just why Superman had called this second conference.
To explain his absence I hope. Not to officially put an end to his Superman-ness, right? Right????

He shouldn’t think of that right now.
Yes. Because the suit hides *nothing*.

“The truth of the matter is,” his voice cracked, and he swallowed before continuing. “The truth is, I had just learned that... a very dear friend of mine had passed. And it caught me off guard. I guess... I just slipped up, and I cracked. I am not ashamed of it, and I’m not going to put up any pretenses or say that it didn’t happen. It did. I just hope that the world can be understanding of me for it, and allow me my grief.”
*hugs Clark*

“Oh, and for one last point: I would like it to be clear to the public. I am formally renouncing my intention to run in the next mayoral election next term.”
Whew!

“I need to take care of myself and my household first and foremost. Thank you for your patience.”
Admitting to having a household? Um, why do I think that's not the best idea? Who might start trying to figure out who that household is comprised of?

clap Excellent, moving story, Mouse! Thanks so much for sharing it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
He was running for mayor? Really? I just can't see Superman doing that. Clark, maybe, but not Superman. No wonder everyone in his family thought it was a bad idea. Glad he resigned.
clap </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you. blush blush

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Clark is really coming around!
Eh. He's a fast learner. That, or one too many kryptonite-studded bats ramming into his skull knocked some bad memories loose...
Although, I kind of understand where Ellen is coming from. I mean, Clark was a world-class jerk for a while there.
True dat. :p And replace jerk with other term.
Rescue?
Still a little too shaken to reappear on the public scene.
To explain his absence I hope. Not to officially put an end to his Superman-ness, right? Right????
evil
Excellent, moving story, Mouse! Thanks so much for sharing it!
Thanks for the comments, DC! Glad you liked it!

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That's for me to know and you to possibly never find out... or at least find out at a much later date...
Nooooooo! Don't be cruel! grovel

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Columnist
Columnist
I totally expected him to do a world wide reveal lol, but this was much better! Loved this story. It was su-perb! Now I'm going to be wondering, 'and then what happened?!' until you post that other story lol

.talk nerdy to me.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Thanks for a great read. I really enjoyed it all. So glad they got back together. Even though I assumed it would happen, it was painful having them apart. No more stupid moves, Clark! I can actually see Superman running for mayor. It would bring him one step further in trying to make Metropolis a better place but his place is obviously with Lois and the kids and it's not like he's not already a pretty busy guy. wink

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was a fun breath of fresh air. I am looking forward to reading the other fic that inspired this one. Please if at all possible, don't make us wait TWO years or more to read it!

The scene with the Kent twins was very sweet, it set the tone for letting us know all was right between Mr. and Mrs. Kent. I was wondering if we would get a glimpse of the children.

After all these years, Lois still does not know the staples required for a refrigerator! Come on woman, you have a husband and uncle who are both accomplished chefs! Keeping basic food items on hand is not that difficult!

Sorry, just had to vent... laugh

Only one thought remains: WHAT ABOUT MARTHA?

Anyhow, kudos to you! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
MrsLuthor: thanks! Happy to fool you for a minute there. devil

Jackie: Glad you were able to see Superman for mayor. laugh &Glad you enjoyed!

Morgana: 2 years? Im not that cruel. Soon, tho. wink Thnx 4 comments!

--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great. But I still want to know...how is Marthat dealing with the loss of the 'best man she has ever known'.

Just asking.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I really enjoyed this, I always love when we see the human perspective of Clark. Question: what was the story that inspired it? I never saw mention of a title...

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I was not able to find this story in the search feature or in the archive. I would love a link to this story that is unanimously well reviewed. wave

Top Banana
Top Banana
Try this.

Mr. Kent is Dead TOC

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Woah, haven't seen this one in a while. eek

PuffyTiger: I appreciate your comments! Glad you enjoyed this. Unfortunately, the story I was writing for this was never-to-be-seen-or-heard-from-again. I couldn't make it work after I'd finished this one, and I went back and tried to rework it awhile, but it didn't stick. Sorry about that. eek peep

SupesFan: ^ This is also the reason it wasn't archived ever, but I suppose that could be fixed... I might brush it up and send it in now.

Mike You're amazing. I don't know if I could have found it that fast. Or at all. hail

--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
No problem. I have to confess to having received a 'Master Class' in using the search feature from LabRat when we were cleaning up the TOC links after the last upgrade messed a large percentage of them up...

The biggest secret is to clear out the 'Newer Than' entries in the date range areas as the default gives you the past week's postings. To do that Ddelete the '1' and then the drop down on the 'Weeks/Months/Years' entry has a blank at the top so just select that blank which gives your search access to all entries in the forums you select. Another secret is to select only the TOC forum which will give you a TOC for the Story/Author you are searching instead of the regular forum which will give you the original story post, FDK post, and any replies to the original FDK post (it can get long quickly).

Hope this helps someone reading old stories. That is actually what the TOC's are there for.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 07/14/17 11:38 AM.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whoa Mike, I'm impressed. I spent a lot of time searching yesterday. Thanks so much. Just tried to do what you said, but
got only the FDK posts. So double thanks.
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
As I said before no problem. If I can help I will.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
Artemis,

I just re-read your post on my phone and noticed the FDK mention. This means you probably had the main forum selected in the lower left hand corner. I you select just the TOC forum you should get the TOC as normally there is only one per story. FOLC breaks this rule sometimes but even then you only get a few results and they all point back to the same thread.

Try that and see if your results don't improve.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Features Writer
Features Writer
I noticed on my iPad the main forum seems to be a default that doesn't always get unchecked as easily as on my computer. So, I have to double check that it's unchecked, otherwise I get lots and lots of results!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard