Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, not a lot of action in this section, but I promise something will happen eventually <g>

[edit] I had this story almost all the way finished when I began posting, but I'm delighted to report that I've just typed "The End."

goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YAY! More!!! goofy

And now she's on her way to meet Clark's parents for the first time... unannounced... poor Lois! wink Can't wait for more!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw I agree with Wendy this is getting better and beter. I love how shy they are with each other despite the fact that they were lovers. It is very sweet. I loved her reaction to him in the suit too. Looking forward to more of J and also to KLMNOPQRSTUVWWXY and Z<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes! A ha. I was just thinking about I is for Illusions the other day and wondering if there was going to be a new letter soon. Surprise, surprise, I finally noticed this in the works here today. My basic thought right now is something like, "Ahhhh I can't wait for her to meet his parents yay!!!!" goofy Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to the next part.

Jen jump

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Yes, this was cute, and waffy, and all that. Even had its moments of humor.

But, I'm still trying to figure out the wham. Are they going to be struck by lightning on their trip? Maybe this Clark, who doesn't have as much practice with carrying Lois will accidently drop her? Wait...

I think I've got it figured out. Martha and Jonathan won't like Lois. They'll be moody, upset and angry over all the damage the storm did, and then Clark flies in, unannounced with a strange pushy woman, who seems to know the secret. This has definite potential for a really bad first imppression.

Bring it on!

Tank (who wonders if Pam goes around yelling "and don't call me Chief!")

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Pam

WOW! This is extremely well-written.
So romantic and WAFFY! goofy

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
Not meeting Martha and Jonathan yet? wink

Lois is fantastic!! smile1 She doesn't want him to be with her the whole time but she wants to be with him all the time!!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I've been following this series, just as I have been following several other stories on the boards. Not commenting as much as I should, I'm afraid, but between visitors, fires and family upheavals my time is more limited than I like. I just wanted to let you know that I'm enjoying it and am looking forward to more. I need the fanfic fix a lot more during the holidays.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
i had a great time last night, catching up on "i is for illusions." stayed up a little later than i'd meant to, but it was well worth it. i love the way you handled their relationship under the unusul circumstances you'd set up with "h is for hubris." never really thought about how things would go from there, but it's a very intriguing situation. i also like the changes you made to the ep, how lois was willing to look at lex differently, how that changed lex's reactions.. it snowballed nicely.

it was also kinda cool seeing my name in the credits. that was a surprise. i'd completely forgotten that i'd happened to be on irc at the right time and that you'd happened to like one of my suggestions. so i opened the file and saw you'd thanked me for something about chocolate kisses and went "huh? what? what'd i do? well, uhm, she's happy about it, so, uh... cool!" made the story just a little more fun.

anyway, i just finished catching up on this one. so, toni's sueing? interesting thought. does get them conveniently out of the office. now they're heading to smallville. i'm really looking forward to seeing what happens there. lois meeting martha and jonathan for the first time, but with a much different attitude and position than what we saw on the show. i'm betting there won't be any cynical comments about cross-dressers this time. laugh

so, i've had a lot of fun so far. looking forward to seeing what's next. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
I really loved their reluctance to part from one another....The reader knows it's coming, but the few minutes of anticipation and tension before the invitation are practically palpable.

Keep going--this is wonderful.

Happy happy camper,
Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
This was so sweet, cute, funny . . . I could go on and on with adjectives! This was my absolute favotie part:

"Oh. Do they?" City-bred Lois tried to visualize the possible damage but could only come up with an image of Toto swirling in a tornado
laugh I can absolutely see Lois thinking this. Actually, city bred me has actually been caught thinking this from time to time!

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, everyone for the comments! smile

one image which will stick in my mind for a while is Superman with his boots up on Lois's coffee-table
lol, yeah, Wendy, that one's gonna be sticking with me for a while, too! Nice to know Clark's getting comfortable around Lois... and vice versa.

Thanks, Laura! The way I see it, the fact that they were lovers -- once, a few weeks ago -- would actually make them a little more awkward around each other... at least until they sort out their relationship.

"Ahhhh I can't wait for her to meet his parents yay!!!!"
Thanks, Jen! And I can't wait to paste the part where she meets his parents wink

I think I've got it figured out. Martha and Jonathan won't like Lois. They'll be moody, upset and angry over all the damage the storm did, and then Clark flies in, unannounced with a strange pushy woman, who seems to know the secret. This has definite potential for a really bad first imppression.
Tank, stop looking on my hard drive! goofy

wonders if Pam goes around yelling "and don't call me Chief!"
You know, for some reason that's not usually a problem!

Aww, thanks, Tricia! Lemme tell ya, I put in a lot of editing on these sections, so I'm very pleased to hear that they work.

She doesn't want him to be with her the whole time but she wants to be with him all the time!!!
lol, good point, Jose! But then no one ever claimed Lois Lane was logically consistent all the time...

Nan, it's great to hear from you -- lately, as I've been rewriting/rearranging first season episodes, I often find myself thinking "what would Nan Smith do?" But then I have to settle for my own ideas... but that seems to be working out okay.

Paul!!! So nice to see you here smile

i love the way you handled their relationship under the unusul circumstances you'd set up with "h is for hubris." never really thought about how things would go from there, but it's a very intriguing situation. i also like the changes you made to the ep, how lois was willing to look at lex differently, how that changed lex's reactions.. it snowballed nicely.
Glad to hear that... the potential after Hubris was fascinating to me, but I couldn't tell exactly what it would be... I felt a lot like I was stumbling around in the dark until the relationship revealed itself to me -- same thing with this one, too. But then I went back and edited, so you (hopefully!) can't tell wink And then of course, all the little changes were fun to explore.

Toni's lawsuit came about when I was searching for a good pretext to throw L&C out of the office <g> but when they'd been discovered in the closet, last story, she had said they'd be hearing from her lawyers... so that seemed fun to use.

Sorry to make you wait, Maria -- I'm posting the next section directly!

Keep enjoying the ride, Sherry <g>

lol, Laura, glad you liked that line! I was using experience from my last couple of hurricanes here, but it occurred to me that Lois wouldn't have that...

Thanks again *everyone*! Okay, next section coming up!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard